PDA

View Full Version : Greenberg:"The last thing you expected...

SOX ADDICT '73
11-11-2005, 10:42 AM
...to hear about the World Champion Chicago White Sox, and I believe every word of it, coming up next."

That's what I heard on the Mike & Mike show this morning, just before I had to get out of my car to go into work. Was anybody else listening? What was the big revelation? Something about Paulie? I've been dying to know all morning long...

Ol' No. 2
11-11-2005, 10:48 AM
...to hear about the World Champion Chicago White Sox, and I believe every word of it, coming up next."

That's what I heard on the Mike & Mike show this morning, just before I had to get out of my car to go into work. Was anybody else listening? What was the big revelation? Something about Paulie? I've been dying to know all morning long...They stopped talking about football???

miker
11-11-2005, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I caught it after waiting through what seemed like 25 minutes of commercials, TV giveaways and a SportsCenter update.

Basically, Greenberg alluded to Rick Morrisey's column that said that the Sox should only resign Konerko only if they don't overpay.

That's all, some hype to grab your attention, but nothing too earth-shattering as a payoff...but that's sports radio. :rolleyes:

bayzbol44
11-11-2005, 10:58 AM
That is why I stopped listening to that show. I know radio is supposed to tease stories/topics. However, their actual story is usually stupid and not worth the wait. Plus, there are too many commercials. That is why I switched over to XM radio.

ChicagoHoosier
11-11-2005, 11:02 AM
Same thing here. Decided not to wait in car in parking lot to hear what he had to say. Fortunately I didn't stay.

I used to like Mike & Mike, but every day they wear on me. The argument of Santana vs. Colon on Monday was awful. Golic sounded like an idiot. At least Greenie is intelligent and makes good sports statements. Golic just tries to be funny and present counterpoints and sounds dumb doing it.

But I hate Mike North too. What can I do for sports on my one hour commute in my car in the AM?

Tekijawa
11-11-2005, 11:05 AM

I thought that it was about the call the they got from Gene Upshaw that they talked about for 10 minutes... and then the 100 yard Blitz that they read off games for for the next 20 minutes... And the 15 minutes of hair plug commersials that the had between the segments. I thought that was the point of this "teaser"!

WestSox
11-11-2005, 11:25 AM

That's what I heard on the Mike & Mike show this morning, just before I had to get out of my car to go into work.

I was in the exact same situation. Glad to hear I didn't miss anything.

SOX ADDICT '73
11-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Thanks guys. I had a feeling it would be something stupid/redundant like that. That's why I decided to get out of the car rather than wait and incur the wrath of my principal for being late to work.

North is an idiot. M & M are the lesser (just barely) of two evils, IMO.

SOXSINCE'70
11-11-2005, 04:43 PM
What can I do for sports on my one hour commute in my car in the AM?

I had a Sirius radio installed in my car.Sports blab is dead to me now.
So is commercial laden,boring terrestrial radio.

Just a suggestion.:cool:

Madvora
11-11-2005, 04:46 PM
They do those stupid teases every day and they're always nothing. All you have to worry about is WSI. We have thousands of people here who think the same as us and are listening and watching the same stuff as us. If it's important, it will be on WSI. If it's not important, it will be filtered out or ripped on.
WSI - The only source you need.

HotelWhiteSox
11-11-2005, 04:51 PM
I don't listen, but the replays are available at am1000.com on the 'listen live' link