PDA

View Full Version : Sox merchandise flying off the shelf

thepaulbowski
11-11-2005, 09:56 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/worldseries/cst-nws-soxstuff11.html

FoulkeFan
11-11-2005, 10:15 AM
"At Bridgeport's Grandstand, Sox cookie jars, ladies thongs and swimsuits are flying off the shelves just as fast as the official gear."

I love it! Now I know what to get everyone for Christmas....

Iwritecode
11-11-2005, 10:27 AM
I hope this convinces MLB to make the DVD box set of all the playoff games. There's definitely a market for it.

TommyJohn
11-11-2005, 10:38 AM
I hope this convinces MLB to make the DVD box set of all the playoff games. There's definitely a market for it.

But....but....I thought no one cared?

I for one am hoping that MLB puts out a DVD set. Granted they won't sell
as many as the 2004 Miracle of all-time Forever Red Sox, but the solution
is of course to not make as many, and see how they sell. (I should be in
marketing, no?) Anyway, I know I would buy it, and I know others on this
board would also. Maybe the White Sox themselves can put it out.

Taz
11-11-2005, 10:54 AM

Yea, they should put the set up for sale now as 'preorders' and see how many they need to press... :smile:

TommyJohn
11-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Yea, they should put the set up for sale now as 'preorders' and see how many they need to press... :smile:

Great idea. Damn, we should be in marketing.

RedHeadPaleHoser
11-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Great idea. Damn, we should be in marketing.
We are....we helped that 2x4 guy at the season start for the Grinder campaign. But, we aren't Cub fans, so what do we know about rooftops and curses...

Iwritecode
11-11-2005, 11:43 AM

Just check out Ebay (or the ****house) to find a number of people willing to pay money for DVD's of the games...

soxbear95
11-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Does anyone know where to get the jackets that Kenny Williams and Ozzie were wearing at the Rally? They had them at the park during the ALCS and I want to buy my son one for Christmas.

eurotrash35
11-11-2005, 11:48 AM

The costs are front-loaded though so the difference in cost between making 10,000 and 100,000 is going to be negligible.

Iwritecode
11-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Does anyone know where to get the jackets that Kenny Williams and Ozzie were wearing at the Rally? They had them at the park during the ALCS and I want to buy my son one for Christmas.

MLB.com

kevin57
11-11-2005, 12:57 PM
I have yet to go out and get my stuff!

Calm down. Not a reflection of my "loyalty" to the Sox.

I was waiting for the crowds to diminish...Plus, I sorta figured that there would be more and more stuff and that quality items might actually increase.

I have Tuesday planned as "Shop Sox till I drop!" day. My credit card is going to be hurting.

Stroker Ace
11-11-2005, 01:21 PM
I have yet to go out and get my stuff!

Calm down. Not a reflection of my "loyalty" to the Sox.

I was waiting for the crowds to diminish...Plus, I sorta figured that there would be more and more stuff and that quality items might actually increase.

I have Tuesday planned as "Shop Sox till I drop!" day. My credit card is going to be hurting.Same here, but I live out in New York, so it's not like I can go out to the store and pick the stuff up. :whiner:

cheeses_h_rice
11-11-2005, 03:20 PM
I don't get it. How can this be?

I thought all White Sox fans were poor blue-collar slobs or ghetto trash? How can they afford all this merchandise?

Is it possible that all these mean things Cub fans have been saying for years about the socioeconomic status of Sox fans might not be true?

:o:

Frankfan4life
11-12-2005, 07:10 AM
I may be single-handedly responsible for the increase in sales. I've already picked up a lot of stuff for myself already. I've got all 3 pennants, Division, League and WS, two WS towels, two wall hangings, three magazines, including SI, two or more shirts for each series win (including one WS shirt for my son and boss), two car flags, commemorative WS baseball, two bumper stickers, hat. I consider that a good start. I can't help myself.

Also, everybody in my family is getting a Sox WS shirt for Christmas. I'm waiting for the 50% off sales to start, then I'm buying big time.

gosox83
11-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Just imagine, if they make the 12 DVD's of all the post-season games only 1 of them will be a loss!:D:

What a year!!!!!!

ewokpelts
11-12-2005, 01:30 PM
I may be single-handedly responsible for the increase in sales. I've already picked up a lot of stuff for myself already. I've got all 3 pennants, Division, League and WS, two WS towels, two wall hangings, three magazines, including SI, two or more shirts for each series win (including one WS shirt for my son and boss), two car flags, commemorative WS baseball, two bumper stickers, hat. I consider that a good start. I can't help myself.

Also, everybody in my family is getting a Sox WS shirt for Christmas. I'm waiting for the 50% off sales to start, then I'm buying big time.division and alcs gear is already marked down at shop.mlb.com

AND THAT'S BEFORE YOU USE THIS CODE: mlbsorry20

hsnterprize
11-12-2005, 01:34 PM
For those die-hard Cubs fans smirking because the 2005 World Series was the lowest rated in baseball history, wipe the smiles off your faces. Wrigley Field may sell out quicker than U.S. Cellular. But right now, Paul Konerko, Joe Crede and Scott Podsednik jerseys are outselling the red and blue Nomar Garciaparra and Derrek Lee shirts.

I like this line the best...it really puts some fans of that "other team" in their place.

santo=dorf
11-12-2005, 01:44 PM
I don't get it. How can this be?

I thought all White Sox fans were poor blue-collar slobs or ghetto trash? How can they afford all this merchandise?

Is it possible that all these mean things Cub fans have been saying for years about the socioeconomic status of Sox fans might not be true?

:o:

I spent all of my "what little" money I had on Marlins gear. (remember that nonsense?)

akingamongstmen
11-12-2005, 04:35 PM
"At Bridgeport's Grandstand, Sox cookie jars, ladies thongs and swimsuits are flying off the shelves just as fast as the official gear."

I love it! Now I know what to get everyone for Christmas....

DING DING DING...we have a winner for the gift of the year! Christmas shopping for my girl...done. :supernana:

Fenway
11-12-2005, 04:40 PM
"We sold a ton of [World Series] products, and we're going to produce more because the fans want more," said Howard Smith, MLB's senior vice president of licensing. Although the league does not reveal how much money it has made or how many items it has sold, Smith said Sox World Series products have emerged as the "third-greatest hot market" following the 2000 Yankees/Mets subway series and the 2004 Boston Red Sox.

dats impressive :smile: