PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Already Bashing '06 Sox

ChiSoxPatF
11-10-2005, 10:06 PM
ESPN has already returned to their disrespect of our WORLD CHAMPION Sox.

Not one man has signed or been traded this offseason and the team that won 110 games (thats 11-1 in the playoffs Eastern Sports Prog. Net.) is already the #2 team behind THE CLEVELAND INDIANS.

During his "chat," Rob Neyer predicted that even if the Sox resign Paulie they will still finish THIRD in the Central.

Lip Man 1
11-10-2005, 10:19 PM
With respect 'who cares?'

A championship in hand is worth two in the bush.

Lip

Baby Fisk
11-10-2005, 10:21 PM
With respect 'who cares?'

A championship in hand is worth two in the bush.

Lip
Agreed. You find me one Jndians fan who would rather have an off-season #1 ranking instead of being WORLD CHAMPIONS.

HAHAHAHAHA! *quite maniacal laughter*

Tragg
11-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Hey, it's an improvement.

Last year we were picked behind those pesky Tigers (who, for the record, were closer to the Royals than they were to us).

Cleveland getting hyped to high heaven is fine by me; they will be this year's "kill the jinx" team (the Cubs are too hopeless for anyone to get back on that train this season). They were hyped as a "sleeper" last year.

samram
11-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Man, the 2006 Sox suck. When does football season start?

MadetoOrta
11-10-2005, 10:38 PM
This is funny. C'mon .... have you been to WSI before? Before the playoffs, we didn't care what ESPN thought. After winning the World Championship, we REALLY don't care.

KRS1
11-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Haha, hey it's better than the 4th everyone predicted for us last year.

FarWestChicago
11-10-2005, 11:10 PM
This is funny. C'mon .... have you been to WSI before? Before the playoffs, we didn't care what ESPN thought. After winning the World Championship, we REALLY don't care.:thumbsup: You got that right. I can't even fathom how people could care about drivel like this.

DumpJerry
11-10-2005, 11:18 PM
Being ranked #2, no player awards, I love it! It keeps that chip on their shoulders.:D:

Putting a chip on the White Sox' shoulders is about as smart as pulling a gun on Dirty Harry...........when will they learn?:cool:

CubsfansareDRUNK
11-10-2005, 11:35 PM
the worst espn jagoffs predict the sox will do, the better they will actually do

TDog
11-11-2005, 12:09 AM
Think about how bad the Twinks must feel being dissed like that.

I'm sure if the Sox had been charging the Tribe and got swept by the Tribe's alternate lineup the last weekend of the season, blowing what seemed to be a sure wild-card just a week earlier, the Sox would be the preseason choice before any free agents were signed or players traded.

Teal there would have been redundant, the sarcasm being so obvious.

SoxFan78
11-11-2005, 09:35 AM
If the White Sox were up 15-2 in game 7 of the world series, bottom of the ninth, 2 outs, 0-2 count, ESPN would still say the NL team has a great chance to pull out the game.

I hope ESPN picks the Sox to finish dead last. Just so the Sox can prove them wrong once again!

Ol' No. 2
11-11-2005, 09:41 AM
This kind of stuff doesn't get me upset. I'm just amazed that these clowns have lucked into jobs where incompetance is not only tolerated, but actually seems to be a requirement.:o:

harwar
11-11-2005, 09:58 AM
ESPN has already returned to their disrespect of our WORLD CHAMPION Sox.

Not one man has signed or been traded this offseason and the team that won 110 games (thats 11-1 in the playoffs Eastern Sports Prog. Net.) is already the #2 team behind THE CLEVELAND INDIANS.

During his "chat," Rob Neyer predicted that even if the Sox resign Paulie they will still finish THIRD in the Central.

Hehe,sounds familiar.I think most picked us to finish 3rd or 4th even.
Its just a shame that espn keeps doing baseball andwill not go away.

SOXPHILE
11-11-2005, 10:33 AM
....Huh ? What ? Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention to what you were saying about ESPN predictions. I was too busy looking at all my CHICAGO WHITE SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS shirts, pennant, publications, and other paraphernalia, and thinking about the hats and other stuff I'm still going to buy. What was your comment again ?...

Anyways, the only guys at ESPN who's opinions I respect are Jeff Brantley and Stephen A. Smith. Those guys are the best.

Mickster
11-11-2005, 10:38 AM
....Huh ? What ? Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention to what you were saying about ESPN predictions. I was too busy looking at all my CHICAGO WHITE SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS shirts, pennant, publications, and other paraphernalia, and thinking about the hats and other stuff I'm still going to buy. What was your comment again ?...

Anyways, the only guys at ESPN who's opinions I respect are Jeff Brantley and Stephen A. Smith. Those guys are the best.

Your post reminded me about a Jeremy Roenick and Patrick Roy tiff that happened in 1992-3 where JR was talking smack. Roy simply stated that he didn't hear anything because he had his 2 Stanley Cup rings in his ears. Great comeback. :D:

Dan Mega
11-11-2005, 10:42 AM
Put this exact same roster in Yankees or Red Sox uniforms and ESPN would predict them to go all the way and win 110 games during the regular season.

No teal needed.

SOXPHILE
11-11-2005, 10:47 AM
Your post reminded me about a Jeremy Roenick and Patrick Roy tiff that happened in 1992-3 where JR was talking smack. Roy simply stated that he didn't hear anything because he had his 2 Stanley Cup rings in his ears. Great comeback. :D:

Yeah ! I remember that ! Actually, wasn't it later, in like 1996 or so, when Roy was with the Avalanche ? Anyways, I thought Roy was a cocky jerk, even before that little tiff with JR, but I had to laugh, because he zinged him on that one. I remember cringing, and thinking "Just shut up Roenick. Just shut up. You look like an idiot".

ChiSoxPatF
11-11-2005, 12:29 PM
This is funny. C'mon .... have you been to WSI before? Before the playoffs, we didn't care what ESPN thought. After winning the World Championship, we REALLY don't care.

I made this point to show that absolutely nothing has changed since the Sox went 16-1 to finish 2005 and they're still continuing with their idiotic east coast bs. So please watch the personal knocks buddy, it looks like I've been around longer than you have so lets not make this personal.

SOXSINCE'70
11-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Man, the 2006 Sox suck. When does football season start?

:tealpolice:
"Please step away from the car".

RadioheadRocks
11-11-2005, 08:09 PM

I'll bet Roenick needed some lotion... for that wicked BURN!!!!! :rolling:

Chips
11-11-2005, 08:17 PM
If the White Sox were up 15-2 in game 7 of the world series, bottom of the ninth, 2 outs, 0-2 count, ESPN would still say the NL team has a great chance to pull out the game.

I hope ESPN picks the Sox to finish dead last. Just so the Sox can prove them wrong once again!

They would say that in game 4 if we were up 3 games to none. But

:whocares:

samram
11-13-2005, 12:21 PM
:tealpolice:
"Please step away from the car".

Yeah, thanks for clearing that up.

sullythered
11-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Good. Let 'em. I only wish they picked us to finish fourth again, like they did last year.