PDA

View Full Version : Are you still wearing your Sox gear?

WSoxFanForever
11-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Well, it's been over a few weeks and I still alternate wearing different Sox tops every day. Living in Wisconsin, people laugh at me (not maliciously). Anyone else or am I just kind of milking it too much...

DaBears
11-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Well, it's been over a few weeks and I still alternate wearing different Sox tops every day. Living in Wisconsin, people laugh at me (not maliciously). Anyone else or am I just kind of milking it too much...

I am sorry....that you have to deal with those Packer fans!!!

I wear all my stuff after I get home from work. I wore my Paulie jersey all Halloween weekend (which was nice since I live in Lincol Park). I rotate shirts/sweatshirts all week long. I need to buy more clothing so I dont feel so dirty!:o:

Baby Fisk
11-10-2005, 04:33 PM
I wear Sox gear year round. Can't wear it to work every day, but after hours there's usually at least a Sox hat present at all times. And the World Series stuff has only just begun to roll in! :thumbsup:

mark2olson
11-10-2005, 04:42 PM
In the fall and winter, I usually wear my Sox polar-tecs at work since our "state of the art" heating and cooling system keeps my office at meat locker temperatures. I had to give them a break today, however. I guess they do need to be washed now and again.

In the summertime, I usually wear one of the Sox polo shirts from my collection (the whole business casual thing) since the office is hot enough to roast the meat that we store in the winter.

C-Dawg
11-10-2005, 04:55 PM
I've been wearing the Road Grey jacket I got last year at Soxfest in heavy rotation.

bighurt2719
11-10-2005, 05:10 PM
i wear something white sox almost every day. obviously.

Chips
11-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I don't wear any of my Sox stuff to work, because I would ruin it. I'll wear a Sox hat to the bar or to class along with a shirt or sweatshirt, but I won't wear my jersey's until SoxFest.

SALUKIS15
11-10-2005, 05:34 PM
At the very least I am sporting a Sox hat around campus. And every night I sleep in my Sox pajama pants. Usually switch in a sweatshirt a few times a week also

MarySwiss
11-10-2005, 05:54 PM
I wear something Sox-related pretty much every time I leave the house. The main thing I've noticed is that in past years, when I wore Sox gear (and I did!), nobody paid much attention. Now, people who wait on me at the supermarket or restaurants or the mall shops comment on how terrific they think the Sox victory was. I realize this is a less-than-scientific survey, but I bask in the reflected glow! :D:

I'm even looking forward to what passes for winter in these parts, so I can break out my Sox jacket, circa 1980.

buehrle4cy05
11-10-2005, 05:56 PM
The Sox winning the World Series had no impact on my wearing of Sox gear. I either wear it or Bears gear pretty much everyday.

soxfanreggie
11-10-2005, 06:09 PM
I'm still wearing my Sox gear...most of it just happens to mention that we won the ALDS, ALCS, and WS :-) Still have my old Sox hat on. It's gotten a lot of wear on it...but that's the way I like it.

miker
11-10-2005, 06:20 PM
The White Sox flag still flies over my Chevy Blazer...at least until my low-hanging garage door finally succeeds in knocking it off when I'm not paying attention.:D:

SoxFan76
11-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Every day. And if I'm not wearing any Sox clothing, I always have my Sox Pride wristband on .....but usually I'm wearing a hat or my new World Series sweatshirt. (I hate the word hoodie, so I say sweatshirt)

ChiWhiteSox1337
11-10-2005, 06:39 PM
I wear my black Sox jacket(the one with the American flag patch) daily because it's normally a bit chilly and windy in the morning while I'm waiting for the bus. Speaking of that jacket, I really need to get it washed sometime. I still wear Sox shirts multiple times a week, but that's how I've been my entire life.

robertks61
11-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Other than work clothes it's White Sox gear!

chisoxmike
11-10-2005, 07:37 PM
I usually wear my hats all over the place, and shirts every once in a while all year round. I never really wear jerseys ever execpt to a game.

antitwins13
11-10-2005, 07:42 PM
All I own is Sox gear, and the occasional Packers jersey.

Palehose13
11-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Wore my AL Central Division champs hoodie today, so yeah...still wearing the gear. :cool:

nccwsfan
11-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Wearing my stuff regularly and proudly....the World Series hat just came in last Monday so I'm just starting to break that in.

duke of dorwood
11-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Its in my regular rotation and bought jackets today

Law11
11-10-2005, 08:13 PM
I'm still receiving orders I placed the night we won it all off of MLB.com.
I had my new Black warmup fleece with the WS championship patch on the sleeve on today with my locker room WS hat.

My home with have a Sox theme to it this Christmas.
Ibought Sox xmas cards from a poster here on WSI, they look sharp.

I'm searching for a Sox xmas tree topper of some sort.

So to answer your original post. Yep still sporting the colors.

Chips
11-10-2005, 08:27 PM
All I own is Sox gear, and the occasional Packers jersey.

I think my stained white work shirt looks better than that Packers jersey:cool:

And I am wearing my Green Paul Konerko shirt right now, with my Kyle Petty hat.

antitwins13
11-10-2005, 08:39 PM
I think my stained white work shirt looks better than that Packers jersey:cool:

And I am wearing my Green Paul Konerko shirt right now, with my Kyle Petty hat.

Yeah, it's hard to bust out the ole Donald Driver jersey, but I'm still loyal to my team. I'm not one to jump on one of thesehttp://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:eQjOackXW24J:www.fas.harvard.edu/~dudley/admin/susan/pics/Bandwagon.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~dudley/admin/susan/pics/Bandwagon.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~dudley/admin/susan/movies.html&h=500&w=500&sz=63&tbnid=eQjOackXW24J:&tbnh=127&tbnw=127&hl=en&start=12&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbandwagon%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr %3D)

Chips
11-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah, it's hard to bust out the ole Donald Driver jersey, but I'm still loyal to my team. I'm not one to jump on one of thesehttp://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:eQjOackXW24J:www.fas.harvard.edu/~dudley/admin/susan/pics/Bandwagon.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~dudley/admin/susan/pics/Bandwagon.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~dudley/admin/susan/movies.html&h=500&w=500&sz=63&tbnid=eQjOackXW24J:&tbnh=127&tbnw=127&hl=en&start=12&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbandwagon%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr %3D)

:hijacked:

Out of curiousity, when did you become a packer fan?

TheDarkGundam
11-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Yep, still am. I have a bunch of shirts, a Carlos Lee jersey (thinking of getting it changed) and an '83 jersey signed by some random Sox players. If I can't wear a shirt, I definitley wear a hat.

BTW, I know A LOT of Cub fans, and i've been getting the "Take that **** off!" for a couple weeks now.

LongLiveFisk
11-10-2005, 09:43 PM
I'm still wearing my Sox stuff very regularly, and finally bought a World Series Champions car flag that I flew proudly today on my way home from work. :D:

ChiSoxGirl
11-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Everyday when I get home from work, a Sox shirt goes on, and it's been that way for like a month now. Since I'm a teacher & have to dress "nice," I make sure I wear two Sox pins on my shirt everyday- an "I (heart) Sox" one and the World Series pin I got free on the XM card at Game 1. In the event we have a dress down day (we have one tomorrow), I always wear Sox attire. :cool: I also make sure that if I'm wearing a jacket, it's my black dugout jacket, my Sox pullover from like 2001, or my white fleece zip-up jacket from Grandstand.

StillMissOzzie
11-10-2005, 10:43 PM
I think I'll wear my WS shirts (I have 3 now) to bowling for some time now. I like to serve as a silent reminder to the Cub fans in the league on who won it all this year.

SMO
:D:

JDub35
11-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Never felt prouder when sporting my Sox gear! Finally got one of my 3 World Champions shirts and wore that today. Gotta love getting random high fives from people in the library! :D: :supernana:

santo=dorf
11-10-2005, 10:47 PM
Either Sox or Illini **** redgardless if the Sox won the World ****ing Series!!!!:cool: :)

DumpJerry
11-10-2005, 11:20 PM
Wore the AL Champs shirt today.

Tomorrow, I will be at a party that is 1/2 block from The Urinal (John Barleycorn). I'll be wearing a black polo with the Sox and World Series logos on it.

Foulke You
11-10-2005, 11:34 PM
Well, I wear Sox gear all year round but this year, I've made it a point to wear something World Series related every time I go out. I even bought a World Series Champion winter wool cap for the colder temps here in Chi-Town.:cool:

RadioheadRocks
11-10-2005, 11:50 PM
Heck yeah!!! I paid enough for all of it, so damn straight I'm gonna keep wearing it, not to mention loving every minute of it!!! :bandance:

slobes
11-10-2005, 11:52 PM
We have to wear ties to school. The day after the Sox won the WS, i busted out my new Sox tie. I've worn it to school every day since.

lostletters
11-11-2005, 01:34 AM
I still wear my white sox hats. They are too nice not to wear. Who cares if the season is over, it is entire off season to soak it up.

DaleJRFan
11-11-2005, 01:36 AM
Wore my World Series Champs hat today and plan on wearing my world series champs tshirt to work tomorrow.

TornLabrum
11-11-2005, 07:52 AM
I wear my Sox visitors jacket year-round, at least when the temperature is below about 65 degrees. I wore my Sox ALCS polo shirt to work Wednesday, and I wear either Sox, WCSF, or WSI stuff a lot around the house and around town.

Sad
11-11-2005, 08:06 AM
been alternating between my SOX road grey jacket and my BEARSsssssssssss jacket depending on the temp.

my Hawks jacket is still on the hook in the back room for now :(:

duke of dorwood
11-11-2005, 08:16 AM
I have a Championship T shirt on ay work today

soxfanatlanta
11-11-2005, 08:19 AM
Are you kidding? Of course I do! The weather here in Atl finally got colder, so I can now wear my turtle neck (bought in '96) under my jerseys. Sad thing is that my son outgrew his uniform, and they are out of the toddler sizes.

rdwj
11-11-2005, 08:24 AM
I, for one, am over the World Series victory and have packed up all my Sox stuff until opening day...

Ah, who am I kidding!?!? I'm STILL buying stuff and wear Sox stuff ALL the time. That's nothing new for me - I have a ton of Sox gear and have always worn it year-round. No reason for this year to be different.

WSDaytonOH
11-11-2005, 08:40 AM
I wear my Big Hurt Jersey to any and every game I got to (Reds, Dayton Dragons). I've ordered the Pods WS home jersey for my trips to Cleveland next year. Come join me next June 16-18th! I usually wear a T-shirt under my polo to work. I've got a SOX maganet on the car that when I tried to remove it part of the magnet stuck to the paint. WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thepaulbowski
11-11-2005, 08:50 AM
Not only have I been sporting WS Champs hat whenever I can, I've even integrated the Sox into my tailgating before Notre Dame games. The flagpole now has (in order) The American Flag, White Sox World Champions flag, then the ND flag!!! It is a beautiful thing!

MeteorsSox4367
11-11-2005, 08:59 AM
Considering that I've spent enough money at Grandstand for them to open an annex, I try to wear something Sox every day. Since we have to look professional at work, the best I can do is wear my Sox tie. I've had some of my Cub fan coworkers tell me to quit wearing my Sox tie just about every day. My response is to remind them which team won the World Series and to offer to strangle them with my tie.

Does anyone know if the Sox pullovers/jackets come in sizes bigger than 2X? I could probably squeeze into one of those, but 3X would work better.

Thanks and Go Sox!!!!

WSoxFanForever
11-11-2005, 09:28 AM
I'm a Packer fan too. I was one when I lived in CHicago, just like I was a White Sox fan. I know I look strange with my Sox shirts and Packer hat (not to mention that it's hard to be a Packer fan these days---very painful). Glad I"m not the only Sox/Pack fan though.

Dan Mega
11-11-2005, 10:40 AM
I still wear my Sox hat on a regular basis. As for the jerseys, I reserve those more games (well mostly, I went to a Blackhawks game with my Hurt jersey on).

MiamiSpartan
11-11-2005, 10:48 AM
I'm wearing stuff every chance I get. My car is still decked out, too...:bandance:

NWSox
11-11-2005, 11:54 PM
My kids and I wear our WS Champs shirts all the time. In fact, we just made a trip to Legoland in CA and wore our t-shirts, and we saw a bunch of Sox fans all wearing the same shirt. We were giving high fives all day long. The kid who operated one of the roller coasters said "Kudos to Chicago" as we boarded the car.

IlliniSox4Life
11-12-2005, 01:08 AM
I have worn my official on the field White Sox World Series hat every day since game 1 of the world series. I needed a hair cut since about a week before the playoffs began, but I decided to not get a hair cur until they lost, and since the WS won the WS, I really have been in too big a state of shock to get a haircut. The same goes with shaving. I haven't shave since game 1 of the ALDS, and I desparetly need it, but I have yet to do it, even after we won the world series. I think I am afraid if I shave/cut my hair, I will wake up and we'll be where we always are.

OEO Magglio
11-12-2005, 04:30 AM
I've worn sox stuff every day since the playoffs started and have continued. Thank goodness for all the extras clothes I got from each advancement throughout the playoffs.:smile:

The Racehorse
11-12-2005, 05:46 AM
Asking me if I'm still wearing Sox gear is like asking if the Pope is still praying. :cool: