PDA

View Full Version : Transcript from Pods on SNL

32nd&Wallace
11-10-2005, 03:42 PM
In case anyone missed it:

Tina Fey: This week, the Chicago White Sox swept the Houston Astros in four games to win their first World Series in 88 years. [cheers and applause] Yes! Please welcome the hero of Game Two, World Champion Chicago White Sox left-fielder Scott Podsednik!

[pan to Scott; applause]

Scott Podsednik: Thanks, Tina and Amy. Great to be here.

Tina Fey: Thanks for being here, Scott. Am- Amy and I are so psyched that you’re here. We’re huge White Sox fans from way back, ‘cause you know, we both used to live in Chicago.

Amy Poehler: Yeah.

Scott Podsednik: Oh really? What part?

Amy Poehler: Uh, Wrigleyville.

Tina Fey: Evanston.

Amy Poehler: Yeah, so you know we’re hardcore Sox fans.

Scott Podseknik: Really? People from the North Side are usually Cubs fans... and yuppies.

Tina Fey: [taken aback] What?

Amy Poehler: No! Yuppies? We’re old-school die-hard Chicagoans! We used to hang out at all the gritty places.

Tina Fey: Mm-hmm. Ann Sather’s bakery.

Amy Poehler: Yeah, the American Girl Store.

Tina Fey: Walgreen’s.

Scott Podsednik: [confused] Have you guys ever even been to the South Side?

Amy Poehler: Hells yeah! We’re South Side all the way, yo! I would always, you know, just hop on the Red Line to Cominsky Field—

Scott Podsednik: Uh, Amy, that’s Comiskey Park, which is now U.S. Cellular Field.

Amy Poehler: I know that!

Tina Fey: I- I buy all my meats on the South Side, alright? Moo & Oink!

Tina and Amy: Moo- moo- Moo & Oink! [dancing to the commercial jingle]

Amy Poehler: I bought my car at Celozzi-Ettelson Chevrolet!

Tina and Amy: Celozzi-Ettelson Chevrolet, where you always save more money!

Tina Fey: I flew out of Midway once!

Amy Poehler: Listen, I had a bunch of friends that lived in the Robert Taylor Homes.

Scott Podsednik: Oh really, what were their names?

Amy Poehler: Uh, JJ, and uh, Thelma... [clearly embarrassed at her blown lie]

Scott Podsednik: Listen, if you- if you guys are Cubs fans, just admit it.

Tina Fey: [a beat] We’re Cubs fans.

Amy Poehler: Yeah, we’re Cubs fans.

Tina Fey: [pointing at Amy] She’s a Red Sox fan!

Amy Poehler: Shut up, Tina!

Scott Podsednik: Guys, guys, it’s cool. Relax. This World Series win was for all the cursed teams. And it belongs to all the Ch- all the people in the Chicagoland area.

Amy Poehler: That’s right. Even Skokie?

Scott Podsednik: Even Skokie.

Tina Fey: Even Wilmette?

Scott Podsednik: Even Wilmette.

Amy Poehler: Even Schaumberg?

Scott Podsednik: No, not Schaumberg.

Amy Poehler: Yeah. World Series champion Scott Podsednik, everybody! [cheers and applause] Adorable! Look at the face on that guy! Adorable.

Max Power
11-10-2005, 04:56 PM
I liked it because Tina mentioned Evanston. They said my hometown on tv!!!! Oh, and cause Posednick was on it. The mentions of Skokie and Wilmette were amusing too.

Dan Mega
11-10-2005, 05:30 PM
We all learned one thing, Pods can't act. No teal needed! :D:

Baby Fisk
11-10-2005, 05:40 PM
That was funnier than anything Jimmy Fallon ever did.

Mr. White Sox
11-10-2005, 05:42 PM
:hijacked:
You know what though? Ann Sather's is gooooooood...pre Bears games, it's the place to go. Also, my dad and I used to go to the Cozy Cafe pre-Bears games before it closed; did anyone else ever go there?

Chips
11-10-2005, 05:56 PM
That was a horrible skit, Horrible.

Foulke You
11-10-2005, 06:04 PM
That was a horrible skit, Horrible.
Agreed. Too bad they couldn't get Mike Myers and George Wendt to reunite the superfans one more time for the Sox and Scotty. That would have been far more entertaining. "Ditka...Bears...Sox...Polish Sausage...Sox...Bears":D:

Oh well, at least the Sox got some pub on SNL.

SOXintheBURGH
11-10-2005, 07:09 PM

But... but..

What about when he um....

Oh yeah.

Chips
11-10-2005, 07:12 PM

Reminds of the Family Guy episode where Meg gets hot and Jimmy Fallon has sex with her on the opening skit of the show and then Peter kicks his ass and says "now where is the guy that had sex with my daughter"

I love Family Guy. Jimmy Fallon sucks.

Chisox003
11-10-2005, 07:12 PM
If you missed it, consider yourself lucky.

VivaOzzie
11-10-2005, 07:57 PM
What was the deal with dedicating it to all the cursed teams??

And why not for Schaumberg?

I didn't see it...was it just that unfunny?

ChiWhiteSox1337
11-10-2005, 08:19 PM
I chuckled at the Schaumburg part after living there for 16 years. :smile: I knew some Sox fans, but most people that I encountered with were fans of the other team.

Chips
11-10-2005, 08:23 PM
What was the deal with dedicating it to all the cursed teams??

And why not for Schaumberg?

Yes, it was that unfunny.

hsnterprize
11-10-2005, 08:25 PM
If you missed it, consider yourself lucky.I guess I consider myself lucky. Funny thing is...I was watching that episode just to see Scott in action. Too bad all he was subject to was the typical east-coast/Cubbie jealousy rhetoric too many of us are familiar with.

Question...since when was Celozzi-Ettleson Chevrolet considered a south side car dealership. Anyone know if Madison Street runs through Elmhurst?

I'm also somewhat offended by that Robert Taylor Homes/"Good Times" reference. If idiots like Fey and Poehler only know about the south side of Chicago through 1970's reruns, they can stay in New York for all I care.

eriqjaffe
11-11-2005, 09:08 AM
Question...since when was Celozzi-Ettleson Chevrolet considered a south side car dealership. Anyone know if Madison Street runs through Elmhurst?

I'm also somewhat offended by that Robert Taylor Homes/"Good Times" reference. If idiots like Fey and Poehler only know about the south side of Chicago through 1970's reruns, they can stay in New York for all I care. Maybe, just maybe, both of those were intentional, to point out how limited their view of "Chicago" is - they're so out of touch with anything south of Fullerton, they have absolutely no idea about anything on the South Side short of what they've seen on TV (y'know, like the "Moo & Oink" jingle...I don't remember the last time I actually saw a Moo & Oink commercial).

nccwsfan
11-11-2005, 09:12 AM
I don't remember the last time I actually saw a Moo & Oink commercial).

I lived up there for 22 years and I've never heard of that before....what's the Moo & Oink commercial?

tebman
11-11-2005, 09:57 AM
No, just lame. Because of the way the Sox have been ignored for so long, there's no handy and easy narrative a national program can latch on to, the way they can latch on to "Lovable Loser" or "Wrigleyville" or Harry Caray, or any of the other simple Cub-related hooks that lazy writers can use.

I suppose we should be grateful that the SNL production staff took the Sox seriously enough to invite Pods on the show. But in some ways it feels kind of like Oliver Twist being grateful for a potential second helping of gruel.

SOXPHILE
11-11-2005, 10:40 AM
I guess I consider myself lucky. Funny thing is...I was watching that episode just to see Scott in action. Too bad all he was subject to was the typical east-coast/Cubbie jealousy rhetoric too many of us are familiar with.

I'm also somewhat offended by that Robert Taylor Homes/"Good Times" reference. If idiots like Fey and Poehler only know about the south side of Chicago through 1970's reruns, they can stay in New York for all I care.

As bad as that "Good Times" reference was, they didn't even get that right. The show was set in Cabrini Green, which I believe is considered the "Near North" side of the city. I also took offense to the Schaumburg reference since I live in that area and is part of my "stomping grounds".
Anyways, it sounds like it was pretty funny. Sorry I missed it !

TDog
11-11-2005, 10:43 AM
Agreed. Too bad they couldn't get Mike Myers and George Wendt to reunite the superfans one more time for the Sox and Scotty. That would have been far more entertaining. "Ditka...Bears...Sox...Polish Sausage...Sox...Bears":D: ...

The best satire is that in which the subjects being ridiculed are either such good sports about it or too stupid to understand they are the butt of of the jokes.

johnnyg83
11-11-2005, 11:43 AM
As bad as that "Good Times" reference was, they didn't even get that right. The show was set in Cabrini Green, which I believe is considered the "Near North" side of the city.

That was intentional.

Actually, reading that transcript is funnier than watching the show.

SOXSINCE'70
11-11-2005, 04:54 PM
If you missed it, consider yourself lucky.

I do,and I will.:cool: