PDA

View Full Version : Any Rumors

LongDistanceFan
12-16-2001, 10:21 AM
as to who the sox were offering to ana for darin ernstad? i was referring to the 2 minor leaguers.

doublem23
12-16-2001, 10:24 AM
According to ESPN.com, one of them was Brian West.

LongDistanceFan
12-16-2001, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
According to ESPN.com, one of them was Brian West. thanks........... that is a lot to give up for him. IMO

doublem23
12-16-2001, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
thanks........... that is a lot to give up for him. IMO

Yep. Trading away Garland alone would be a mistake now, IMO, but adding Brian West and someone else in that deal would have been a really bad trade.....

Jerry_Manuel
12-16-2001, 11:03 AM
Yep. Trading away Garland alone would be a mistake now, IMO, but adding Brian West and someone else in that deal would have been a really bad trade.....

It was Brian West and Edwin Almonte

doublem23
12-16-2001, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I see... That would have been a bad trade....

Erstad for Garland, West, and Almonte?

Dammit, Kenny, pull your head out of your rear!

Jerry_Manuel
12-16-2001, 11:23 AM
I see... That would have been a bad trade....

Erstad for Garland, West, and Almonte?

Dammit, Kenny, pull your head out of your rear!

Your forgot Singleton.
They were going to sign him to a new deal, if that helps.

FarWestChicago
12-16-2001, 11:57 AM

Yep. Trading away Garland alone would be a mistake now, IMO, but adding Brian West and someone else in that deal would have been a really bad trade..... Yeah, you don't want to go around trading a guy named West.

Soxheads
12-16-2001, 01:48 PM
Once I saw the name Garland on this deal, I already knew it was bad. Then you have KW throwing in some good prospects and its a horrible deal.

LongDistanceFan
12-16-2001, 02:09 PM

It was Brian West and Edwin Almonte what is with B.S. in giving so much to get a player..... is this b/c he may have a rep that he is a dishonest gm and therefore you can not trust him. ref the tor trade.

i am wondering on why we the sox need to over sweeten the deal in order to get the player we want. but ref to darin, here is a guy who had a real good yr sandwich between 2 so-so yrs.

chris has had a 300 avg the last 3 yrs.
garland is still the YOUNG stud that will develop
west the is a very good prospect and we were all talking about this kid during this summer........... what is wrong.

side note, i remember toward the end of the season, hawk talked to a umpire who called 2 of kippers games within a week or something. hawk asked him what he thought of kipper. the ump said that the first game, kipper had the best stuff he have seen all yr, in the 2 game, he still have the stuff, but where was his mind? when this kid gets his head screwed on right, he will be somebody..........

LongDistanceFan
12-16-2001, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Yeah, you don't want to go around trading a guy named West. lol

RedPinStripes
12-17-2001, 01:03 AM

That is WWWAAAAAAAAAAYYY too much to give up.