PDA

View Full Version : The breakfast of Champions

Shorty1983
11-10-2005, 12:24 PM
http://wheaties.com/images/section/boxes/chicagowhitesox.jpg

Another collectors item, I hate to open the box just to pull out the cereal bag. Maybe after 20 years preserved it might actually taste good.

Bobby Thigpen
11-10-2005, 12:31 PM
I wouldn't do that. I've heard that if you don't take out the cereal some pretty nasty things happen. Besides, just open it from the bottom.

skobabe8
11-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Where can I get my box?

Sad
11-10-2005, 12:33 PM
I wouldn't do that. I've heard that if you don't take out the cereal some pretty nasty things happen. Besides, just open it from the bottom.

:?:
what nasty things could happen to dried wheat flakes?

Bobby Thigpen
11-10-2005, 12:36 PM
I have not personally experienced this but I have heard that occasionally in some of the boxes there are some "factors" that perhaps the human eye does not see, and over time these things grow and become very disgusting.

soxfanatlanta
11-10-2005, 12:41 PM
Keep in mind that those boxes, and the bag inside might not be completely air tight; if moisture gets in there, you could have very nasty thingys growing in there over time.

yuck

:puking:

mike squires
11-10-2005, 12:47 PM
UH-oh, I hope this is not true! I got caught up in all the Mcgwire and Ripkin hoopla several years ago and picked those up. I have a minor league bobble head of Albert Pujols so had to get his box when it came out for display...oh and my Roberto Clemente box looks awesome next to his hall of fame bobble...I could have quite a mess on my hands!:o: :D:

I've got two cereal box cases, my Bhuerlie will certainly replace Ripkin on the shelf.

Tekijawa
11-10-2005, 12:52 PM
If Topps Chewing gum can still be chewed 85 years after it was put in the pack... I'm sure Dried Wheat Flakes won't be a problem!

chisoxfanatic
11-10-2005, 12:52 PM
Where can I get my box?

Any grocery store with a cereal box section. It should be on sale within the next week or so.

The only other one I kept for myself was the Walter Payton commemorative one just after he died in 1999. I gave the Red Sox one with Papi Ortiz on it to my significant other last year as well.

Sad
11-10-2005, 01:05 PM
UH-oh, I hope this is not true! I got caught up in all the Mcgwire and Ripkin hoopla several years ago and picked those up. I have a minor league bobble head of Albert Pujols so had to get his box when it came out for display...oh and my Roberto Clemente box looks awesome next to his hall of fame bobble...I could have quite a mess on my hands!:o: :D:

I've got two cereal box cases, my Bhuerlie will certainly replace Ripkin on the shelf.

just nuke it for a couple minutes man-
that'll teach whatever's growing on the inside :redneck

mike squires
11-10-2005, 01:53 PM
just nuke it for a couple minutes man-
that'll teach whatever's growing on the inside :redneck

Why do I keep thinking about Gremlins?

SALUKIS15
11-10-2005, 02:12 PM
Keep in mind that those boxes, and the bag inside might not be completely air tight; if moisture gets in there, you could have very nasty thingys growing in there over time.

yuck

:puking:

My cousin has collected every Wheaties box that Jordan ever appeared on and he has never had a problem like this. As long as you never open the box, whatever happens inside should be of little concern...unless 30 years down the road you are dying of hunger in the Sahara desert and you just happen to be carrying a box.

skobabe8
11-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Any grocery store with a cereal box section. It should be on sale within the next week or so.

The only other one I kept for myself was the Walter Payton commemorative one just after he died in 1999. I gave the Red Sox one with Papi Ortiz on it to my significant other last year as well.

Thanks. Smart***. :cool:

I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off to every Jewel store looking for Sox-opoly. I dont want to do the same for a box of Wheaties.