PDA

View Full Version : Williams hates Sirotka to

Jerry_Manuel
12-16-2001, 11:19 AM
I guess Sean and Mike pissed off Kenny a long time ago.
The following is a section of an article in the Daily Southtown:

Here is the full article (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/161sd7.htm)

"It's a little strange to think about now," Sirotka said. "Up to this point, it hasn't worked out for anyone. Wells and I both had well-documented health problems. It's kind of funny that the pawns are scattered now.

"All along I've said that I never wanted to leave Chicago. I'm just trying to make the best of a new situation."

Sirotka, who makes his offseason home in Florida, is scheduled to become a free agent after 2003. He's already talking about returning to Chicago, but not necessarily as a South Sider.

"It was a business decision that they made," Sirotka said about the Sox trade. "It wasn't mine. A lot of factors could go into my decision, and I want to be on a competitive team, but I certainly won't rule out coming back to Chicago.

"And yeah, a lot of my friends have said that I should go back and play on the Cubs. I wouldn't do that out of spite, but we'll see what happens."

As long as Williams is the White Sox general manager, the Cubs might be Sirotka's only Chicago option.

"He won't be coming back to Chicago (as a member of the Sox)," Williams said this week. "Leave it at that."

LongDistanceFan
12-16-2001, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

"He won't be coming back to Chicago (as a member of the Sox)," Williams said this week. "Leave it at that." real class or lack of

czalgosz
12-16-2001, 11:45 AM
What a bizarre thing to say... Why would you not want a healthy Mike Sirotka on your team?

doublem23
12-16-2001, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by czalgosz
What a bizarre thing to say... Why would you not want a healthy Mike Sirotka on your team?

Because Kenny Williams is an idiot.

czalgosz
12-16-2001, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Because Kenny Williams is an idiot.

I'm starting to agree with you. You never, ever burn your bridges like that. That's just what we need, a second pitcher (besides Weaver) out there who feels he has to beat the Sox every time he faces them.

cheeses_h_rice
12-16-2001, 01:18 PM
I wonder if it's just sheer stubbornness on KW's part, not wanting to admit that the Sox might have made a mistake dealing Siro.

Or, and this could easily have happened, Sirotka badmouthed KW, Reinsdorf, the Sox's doctors, etc. and it pissed KW off to the extreme.

LongDistanceFan
12-16-2001, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Or, and this could easily have happened, Sirotka badmouthed KW, Reinsdorf, the Sox's doctors, etc. and it pissed KW off to the extreme. i can see what you are saying, but here is a guy who never wanted to go and was calling kw a the org a lier. who is at fault.

ref mm23........ this is another time that i agree with you.

MattSharp
12-16-2001, 02:46 PM
I would love to see the Sox get back Sirotka. And I agree that this trade may be mad, but Sirotka hasn't done a thing yet, and although Wells sucked ass, look at the other player we got, Gary Glover, and how good he has become. He keeps up what he has, I think this trade was a good move.

Jerry_Manuel
12-16-2001, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
I would love to see the Sox get back Sirotka. And I agree that this trade may be mad, but Sirotka hasn't done a thing yet, and although Wells sucked ass, look at the other player we got, Gary Glover, and how good he has become. He keeps up what he has, I think this trade was a good move.

Glover wasn't involved in the Wells/Sirotka trade. Williams traded Scott Eyre to Toronto for Gary Glover.

MattSharp
12-16-2001, 03:28 PM
Ah yes, you are correct. Thank you for correcting me. I apologize for my stupidity.

duke of dorwood
12-16-2001, 06:12 PM
:KW

It's not personal, Sonny. It's strictly business.

Yeah right

RedPinStripes
12-17-2001, 01:56 AM
Who's the bigger ass here?

:ass :KW

Pete Ward
12-17-2001, 08:37 AM
Who's the bigger ass here?

Its Official...we have a tie!

PaleHoseGeorge
12-17-2001, 09:13 AM
"He won't be coming back to Chicago (as a member of the Sox)," Williams said this week. "Leave it at that."

This makes no sense at so many levels. Lots of good points made here by others. I'm shocked Kenny Williams said such a dumb thing--especially to a reporter on the record.

If Kenny Williams ever becomes a great general manager, it will be because somebody gave him an opportunity to learn on the job. He clearly doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

Also, if Williams ever becomes a great general manager, he'll be doing it on behalf of somebody else's team. This would follow the typical Sox operating procedure, grooming everyone for success somewhere else.

RichH55
12-17-2001, 09:30 AM
Well I'm not hugely anti-KW...he does seem to want to go for the juggular which is a start, but don't burn bridges you don't have to. Maybe someone should get him The Art of War for Christmas this year?

RedPinStripes
12-17-2001, 12:45 PM
I have a bad feeling KW is going to be the GM for a long time with the Sox. Jr does work off a buddy system and KW is like an adopted son to him.

AsInWreck
12-17-2001, 12:48 PM

Glover wasn't involved in the Wells/Sirotka trade. Williams traded Scott Eyre to Toronto for Gary Glover.

That was one hell of a trade/at least KW doesn't make trades quite as idiotic as this one(from the Jays end, I mean)/Eyre was washed out years before this trade was made

LongDistanceFan
12-17-2001, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
although Wells sucked ass, how can you say that. lets take a look at htis more closely. wells was injured, and according to some poster here who saw or heard a mark burle interview, he gave credit for his success to wells. nardi by all accounts needs to go, imo. so if wells is good with the young kids and can teach something more in b-ball, why not bring him back.