PDA

View Full Version : How About Tom Paciorek

Steelrod
11-10-2005, 08:03 AM
Does anyone know if Wimpy is still in broadcasting. And is he being considered for Rooney's replacement?
I miss WIMPY !

soxrme
11-10-2005, 08:29 AM
I agree he would be good and he wouldn't have to deal with Hawk as much.

bayzbol44
11-10-2005, 09:14 AM
He does some broadcasting down in Atlanta.

greenpeach
11-10-2005, 09:20 AM
He does some broadcasting down in Atlanta.

I've spoken to him several times (works out at my gym) & he loves Atlanta. In addition, he blames Hawk for his departure from the White Sox. He called Hawk " a backstabber" among other things. It ain't going to happen.

rmusacch
11-10-2005, 10:15 AM
I've spoken to him several times (works out at my gym) & he loves Atlanta. In addition, he blames Hawk for his departure from the White Sox. He called Hawk " a backstabber" among other things. It ain't going to happen.

Is there a baggage carousel in your gym?

samram
11-10-2005, 10:18 AM
he loves Atlanta.

Wow, don't hear many people say that.

soxfanatlanta
11-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Although he does an ok job with Atlanta, I never really cared for the Whimpy/Hawk combo. It was just too...silly.

Wow, don't hear many people say that.
No love for Atlanta? Ouch!
:whiner:

samram
11-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Although he does an ok job with Atlanta, I never really cared for the Whimpy/Hawk combo. It was just too...silly.

No love for Atlanta? Ouch!
:whiner:

I've been there a few times in the last year or so. It's ok, not really the type of city you fall in love with. Plus, all the streets are called Peachtree and I can't deal with that.:redneck

mandmandm
11-10-2005, 10:52 AM
Not a big fan but is DJ still under contract with the Sox? He was nowhere to be found during the playoffs or rally.

soxfanatlanta
11-10-2005, 11:33 AM
I've been there a few times in the last year or so. It's ok, not really the type of city you fall in love with. Plus, all the streets are called Peachtree and I can't deal with that.:redneck

True, but what about all the Sharon roads in Charlotte? And what the hell did Sharon do to get all those road names?

:redneck

OK, way off topic...back to Whimpy!

Baby Fisk
11-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Wimpy's not coming back. There have been several threads in recent years that went into excruciating detail about his departure from Chicago. Do a search for "Wimpy" or "Paciorek" and you'll likely find them.

samram
11-10-2005, 12:32 PM
True, but what about all the Sharon roads in Charlotte? And what the hell did Sharon do to get all those road names?

:redneck

OK, way off topic...back to Whimpy!

Touche.:smile: Actually, Charlotte also has several Queens Roads. Everything is at the corner of Sharon and Queens. Or Providence.

The Dude
11-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Does anyone know if Wimpy is still in broadcasting. And is he being considered for Rooney's replacement?
I miss WIMPY !

Yes
No
and No, I dont.

The Dude
11-10-2005, 12:36 PM
Not a big fan but is DJ still under contract with the Sox? He was nowhere to be found during the playoffs or rally.

DJ never really seemed like he gave a **** about the Sox and was simply doing his job. I never got the feeling that he was passionate about the team ala Hawk, John and Ed. Hopefully the new guy(s) will have the same fire that these broadcasters possess.

Madvora
11-10-2005, 12:48 PM
DJ never really seemed like he gave a **** about the Sox and was simply doing his job. I never got the feeling that he was passionate about the team ala Hawk, John and Ed. Hopefully the new guy(s) will have the same fire that these broadcasters possess.
I don't know about that. I saw him celebrating in the club house after the division clicher with the guys.

bighurt2719
11-10-2005, 01:16 PM
i kinda like DJ. and saying he doesnt care about the sox is just a lie.

antitwins13
11-10-2005, 02:10 PM
I never really cared for the Whimpy/Hawk combo. It was just too...silly.

I agree. This guy is much better...:DJ