PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea

getonbckthr
11-10-2005, 07:09 AM
3 way deal between wsox,cubs and reds:
wsox get -dunn, novoa
cubs get -rowand, kearns,borchard,marte and aurilia
reds get- patterson, duque, hermanson, jerome williams, and todd walker.

gives wsox a power left handed dh to protect paulie (provided we sign him) replace hermy with novoa so hermy can close for the reds who need a closer. Cubs take care of their outfield problems in one move. and a solid utility man in aurilia and a left handed reliever in marte, whom we replace with sanders. Reds add some speed and the future CF after griff is done. they also get 2 solid starters and a closer, not to mention a solid starting 2b in walker to control the middle with felipe lopez. rosters and lineups look like this (i left short open for cubs pending either cedeno, nomar or someone else):

sox...............................cubs............ ..................reds
1)pods-cf.....................hairston-2b...................freel-3b
2)iguchi-2b..................shortstop..................... .lopez-ss
3)konerko-1b...............lee-1b...........................griff-cf
4)dunn-dh...................aram-3b........................wily mo-rf
5)dye-rf......................kearns-lf........................casey-1b
6)aj-c.........................rowand-cf.......................patterson-lf
7)crede-3b..................borchard/murton-rf........walker-2b
8)uribe-ss...................barrett-c........................larue-c
9)anderson-cf..............pitcher........................... pitcher
bench
widge,timo,ozuna ........aurilia,blanco,macias.......olmedo,encarna cion
and willie.....................perez,borch/murton........L.Lopez,valentin
pitchers
buerhle,garland............prior,wood,maddux...... ...harang,duque,hudson
garcia, jose..................zambrano,rusch.............. williams,claussen
bmac.............................................. ...........
bullpen
jenks,cotts..................dempster,ohman,marte. ...hermanson,weathers
politte,viz,...................mitre,vanburen,wuer tz.....mercker,keistler
sanders, novoa.............williamson...................... belisle,coffee
bajaneru

Deuce
11-10-2005, 07:41 AM
Sorry to do this, but posts in lower case make my brain hurt, so...
Use capital letters in the following ways:
(http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/grammar/g_caps.html)
The first words of a sentence

The pronoun "I"

Proper nouns (the names of specific people, places, organizations, and sometimes things)

Family relationships (when used as proper names)

Titles preceding names, but not title that follow names

Directions that are names (North, South, East, and West when used as sections of the country, but not as compass directions)

The days of the week, the months of the year, and holidays (but not the seasons used generally, only when used in a title)

The names of countries, nationalities, and specific languages

The first word in a sentence that is a direct quote

The major words in the titles of books, articles, and songs (but not short prepositions or the articles "the," "a," or "an," if they are not the first word of the title)

Members of national, political, racial, social, civic, and athletic groups

Periods and events (but not century numbers)

Trademarks

Words and abbreviations of specific names (but not names of things that came from specific things but are now general types)

PushnThaEscalade
11-10-2005, 10:11 AM
Nice trade. For me it doesn't work. Keep Duque! Plain and Simple.

munchman33
11-10-2005, 10:17 AM
This trade only works if we sign or trade for two more relievers. We can't lose Hermansen and Marte.

eriqjaffe
11-10-2005, 10:27 AM
I shudder to think of what would happen to Rowand playing in the brick & ivy outfield at Wrigley. Poor guy probably wouldn't make it to the All-Star break.

Steelrod
11-10-2005, 11:49 AM
Couldn't stand seeing so many of OUR guys in that uniform!

Palehose13
11-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Not to sound like bafiarocks, but I don't know what I would do if Aaron was wearing that clown suit on the northside. :whiner:

I've never done this before, so hear it goes:

:threadsucks

Jjav829
11-10-2005, 02:56 PM
3 way deal between wsox,cubs and reds:
wsox get -dunn, novoa
cubs get -rowand, kearns,borchard,marte and aurilia
reds get- patterson, duque, hermanson, jerome williams, and todd walker.

So let's see, the Reds trade: a 26-year-old legitimate 40-HR power hitter coming into the prime of his career, a 25-year-old former top prospect who hasn't lived up to his hype yet and a utility infielder who isn't even under contract for them. In return they get a different prospect bust who has been nothing but a disappoint, a 50-year-old pitcher with a bad arm and an ERA over 5, a 32-year-old reliever with a bad back who has had only one half of a good year as a closer, a 32-year-old second baseman coming off a blown out knee who wouldn't even start at 2B for them, and a 23-year-old start who has proven very little after being billed as a top prospect. Great trade for the Reds! I'm sure they would be falling all over themselves to get this deal done. :rolleyes:

I'm actually thinking about starting a thread in WTS called "Jjav's ridiculous trade ideas thread." It would be stuck at the top and everyone could just post their ridiculous trade ideas and I would come along and rip the truly ridiculous ones.

Chisox003
11-10-2005, 03:03 PM
I'm actually thinking about starting a thread in WTS called "Jjav's ridiculous trade ideas thread." It would be stuck at the top and everyone could just post their ridiculous trade ideas and I would come along and rip the truly ridiculous ones.
:thumbsup: