PDA

View Full Version : Sox-effect?

scottyl
11-09-2005, 11:43 PM
"Don't Stop Believin'" is #42 currently on iTunes' "today's top songs" list.

Is this a White Sox effect? Why else would this song be so high up on the list right now? Thoughts?

Anyone seeing any other Sox-effects (things that normally are not the case, but suddenly seem to be because of our Sox?)

itsnotrequired
11-09-2005, 11:49 PM
"Don't Stop Believin'" is #42 currently on iTunes' "today's top songs" list.

Is this a White Sox effect? Why else would this song be so high up on the list right now? Thoughts?

Anyone seeing any other Sox-effects (things that normally are not the case, but suddenly seem to be because of our Sox?)

That song was going bonkers on iTunes well before the Sox started using it. The song was featured on that awesome MTV show "Laguna Beach" sometime in early August. Jumped up hundreds of spots on iTunes within a few hours. Got to love the teeny-boppers...

antitwins13
11-10-2005, 01:14 AM
Got to love the teeny-boppers...

:peeTeeny-boppers

VeeckAsInWreck
11-10-2005, 02:24 AM
My GF purchased that song on iTunes the day after the Sox won the series, so I know that she bought it because of the Sox.

Meanwhile I hear that the Cubs have helped iTunes sales for "Loser" by Beck.

BNLSox
11-10-2005, 02:30 AM
I bought Don't Stop Believin' off iTunes the morning of game 4 as i made a mix cd to play in case they won that night including Queen's We are the Champions...my new anthem!

mwc44
11-10-2005, 07:23 AM
:peeTeeny-boppers

That has to be one of the funniest graphics I've seen here yet! ^5 Anti... ^5!

TheDarkGundam
11-10-2005, 03:12 PM
My sister LOVES Laguna Beach (would you believe she is also a Cub fan?), i told her Vh1 said the song was being downloaded a bunch because of Laguna Beach, and she said she doesn't know anybody who would download that song just because it was on that "reality show" (of course, by reality, i mean it's as real as The Simpsons).

mike squires
11-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Yeah, it couldn't have been because of us. We were the least watched World Series of all time.