PDA

View Full Version : Sheenhan now mainstream?....

Tragg
11-09-2005, 05:51 PM
I walked into the student lounge this afternoon and ESPN has some guy I'd never seen analyzing the Cy Young; he was talking about stats and strikeouts and I said to myself, "this guy sounds like he reads BP". Sure enough, up comes the caption and it's Sheehan himself, railing on about the Colon injustice and about how anyone but Clemems would be an injustice.
It will just make us long for more Peter Gammons if Sheehan becomes a regular.

Chisox003
11-09-2005, 06:07 PM
I walked into the student lounge this afternoon and ESPN has some guy I'd never seen analyzing the Cy Young; he was talking about stats and strikeouts and I said to myself, "this guy sounds like he reads BP". Sure enough, up comes the caption and it's Sheehan himself, railing on about the Colon injustice and about how anyone but Clemems would be an injustice.
Well that's a new rock bottom ..... Longing for Peter Gammons?!?

:thud:

fquaye149
11-09-2005, 06:26 PM

Anyone but Clemens would be an injustice? Well, stathead Dayna Perry just said Andy Pettite should win because his nonERA pitching stats surpass Clemens'.

So Sheehan doesn't even know his own party-line.

Banix12
11-09-2005, 06:50 PM

Was it ESPNEWS you were watching? Because unfortunately he is a regular on the Hot List. Brian Kenny is one of the biggest BP fans on the planet and basically seems to believe Sheehan is always right. During the baseball season he is always on at least once a week.

Tragg
11-09-2005, 07:35 PM
Was it ESPNEWS you were watching? Because unfortunately he is a regular on the Hot List. Brian Kenny is one of the biggest BP fans on the planet and basically seems to believe Sheehan is always right. During the baseball season he is always on at least once a week.

Yes it was Kenny and, thankfully, I didn't watch that show all season.

skobabe8
11-10-2005, 01:51 PM

I've seen Sheehan on ESPNews a handful of times this summer talking with Brian Kenny. BK LOVES stats and how they without a doubt explain everything there is to know about a ballplayer. I've seen him get into pretty good debates with Kruk about Player A vs. Player B. Kruk will always talk intangibles and Kenny will always talk hard stats and usually Kenny wins because Kruk won't go a half a minute without stumbling all over himself.

whitesoxwilkes
11-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Does Sheehan remind anyone else around here a bit of the comic book guy from The Simpsons?

buehrle4cy05
11-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Does Sheehan remind anyone else around here a bit of the comic book guy from The Simpsons?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/shingotime10/COMICB.jpg
"Worst...team to win the World Series...ever!"

Hey, Sheehan, there's this newfangled invention called a television, which you're on now. Maybe you could watch a baseball game on it once and awhile. Or here's an even better idea, you could rent a car and drive to the nearest baseball stadium and watch a game there, too.

Banix12
11-10-2005, 06:44 PM
I've seen Sheehan on ESPNews a handful of times this summer talking with Brian Kenny. BK LOVES stats and how they without a doubt explain everything there is to know about a ballplayer. I've seen him get into pretty good debates with Kruk about Player A vs. Player B. Kruk will always talk intangibles and Kenny will always talk hard stats and usually Kenny wins because Kruk won't go a half a minute without stumbling all over himself.

Actually one of my faovrite moments watching that show was a Kenny vs Kruk/Reynolds argument where Kruk was just screaming at Kenny and whenever Reynolds would get asked a question he seemed to look off screen at a producer saying stuff like, "I can't believe these questions"

skobabe8
11-10-2005, 07:26 PM
Actually one of my faovrite moments watching that show was a Kenny vs Kruk/Reynolds argument where Kruk was just screaming at Kenny and whenever Reynolds would get asked a question he seemed to look off screen at a producer saying stuff like, "I can't believe these questions"

I think I saw that one too. Kruk gets so frustrated with Kenny because all he does is recite sabrmetrics to back his arguments. Kruks more old school.

Sheehan is a dead ringer for comic book guy. Good call, Randar.

jabrch
11-11-2005, 07:35 PM

ABSOLUTELY!

Except I think I'd enjoy a beer with Comic Book Guy. I know I'd want to vomit after a beer with Sheehan.