PDA

View Full Version : Old blue seats for sale?

Sox35th
11-09-2005, 02:13 PM
I know all the blue seats are being replaced with new green seats at the Cell.

My question is….are the Sox planning to sell the old blue seats to the public? If so, dose anyone know when/where and how much $$ they will be selling them for?

Thanks

IlliniSox
11-09-2005, 02:32 PM
I know all the blue seats are being replaced with new green seats at the Cell.

My question is….are the Sox planning to sell the old blue seats to the public? If so, dose anyone know when/where and how much $$ they will be selling them for?

Thanks

:welcome: and relax. NO need for so many question threads! When info on anything is available, this is the place to find it.

ssirish317
11-09-2005, 07:31 PM
Last winter they saved the blue seats from the club level and the seats that were torn out for the Scout Seats and sold them to those who were left out in the cold w/o seats during their first attempted sale during the UD renovations, myself included. They had such a demand for them way back then that I can't imagine that they wouldn't do it again, especially now that we're World Champs. I'll bet it'll be alot more than $30 per seat this time around though....Remember, all proceeds benifit White Sox Charities. :wink:

boiler up
11-10-2005, 07:19 AM
we have an old comisky park seat sitting in our living room. my little brother wanted to take it out and sit on it during the WS, but our sox flag was resting on it (very dramatic like) and my dad didn't want to disrupt the shrine. :D:

mwc44
11-10-2005, 07:49 AM
... would be to have a blue seat sitting next to my green seat from the shrine known as Comiskey Park. But my problem is this: if the blue ones are sold and I can get my hands on one, do I say the blue one is from Comiskey Park II or from U.S. Sell-Your-Soul Field?

hmmmm.....

It was at Comiskey Park II first, so THAT'S where it's from! :D:

SouthsideFathead
11-10-2005, 07:50 AM
we have an old comisky park seat sitting in our living room. my little brother wanted to take it out and sit on it during the WS, but our sox flag was resting on it (very dramatic like) and my dad didn't want to disrupt the shrine. :D:

very smart move...is it just me or are baseball players/fans the most superstitious of all sports?

Milw
11-10-2005, 08:31 AM
U.S. Sell-Your-Soul Field

Have a little respect for U.S. Cellular and their however-many-million dollar contribution to making the ballpark better. If not for them, there'd have been no renovation, and you wouldn't even be having the chance to purchase the replaced seats because they wouldn't be getting replaced.

I don't begrudge people who want to still call it Comiskey, but if not that, call it U.S. Cellular or The Cell. Sell-Your-Soul Field is disrespectful.

anewman35
11-10-2005, 10:12 AM
I don't begrudge people who want to still call it Comiskey, but if not that, call it U.S. Cellular or The Cell. Sell-Your-Soul Field is disrespectful.

Not just disrespectful but stupid. It pains me to hear a Sox fan say that, it just makes us all look like morons.

Hitmen77
11-10-2005, 10:25 AM
U.S. Cellular's naming rights deal gave us all the great renovations over the past few years (fan deck, fundamentals, new upperdeck roof, etc). I love how the park looks after the renovations.

mwc44
11-10-2005, 10:31 AM
Have a little respect for U.S. Cellular... I don't begrudge people who want to still call it Comiskey, but if not that, call it U.S. Cellular or The Cell. Sell-Your-Soul Field is disrespectful.

Not just disrespectful but stupid. It pains me to hear a Sox fan say that, it just makes us all look like morons.

Disrespectful and moronic? C'mon people... it's a stadium, not someone's spouse!!! I miss the old park, like most, and am not real fond of the new one. Never have been, most likely never will. This writer is a traditionalist (even though I prefer the DH rule over the NL's lack of it), and I don't believe money should consume the game we all love. Unfortunately, it does, and that, too, I don't like, but in no way does that diminish how I feel about OUR World Champions! I guess the long and the short of it is... I don't care where they play... as long as they play.

If I offended someone's infatuation with or their opinon of the physical building OUR World Champions play in, I apologize. I'll be more careful with my "opinions and views" next time. But let's not take things too seriously... if we can't poke fun at ourselves (or the name of our stadium), who can?

Palehose13
11-10-2005, 10:55 AM
Disrespectful and moronic? C'mon people... it's a stadium, not someone's spouse!!! I miss the old park, like most, and am not real fond of the new one. Never have been, most likely never will. This writer is a traditionalist (even though I prefer the DH rule over the NL's lack of it), and I don't believe money should consume the game we all love. Unfortunately, it does, and that, too, I don't like, but in no way does that diminish how I feel about OUR World Champions! I guess the long and the short of it is... I don't care where they play... as long as they play.

If I offended someone's infatuation with or their opinon of the physical building OUR World Champions play in, I apologize. I'll be more careful with my "opinions and views" next time. But let's not take things too seriously... if we can't poke fun at ourselves (or the name of our stadium), who can?

If it's ONLY a stadium, how could they "sell it's soul"? I am happy that the Sox sold the name. The ballpark improvements are amazing. BTW...If it wasn't for the renaming, we wouldn't be discussing if the old seats will be sold.

mwc44
11-10-2005, 11:08 AM
...The ballpark improvements are amazing.

I will agree with you on that. I just wish they could have been done when the stadium was built (similar to Jacobs that was only a year or two after), and not later when it was necessary to "CELL" (see? I learned!) the name.

...If it wasn't for the renaming, we wouldn't be discussing if the old seats will be sold.

THAT, I will also agree with you on. Isn't the exchange of ideas and opinions fun? :D:

lukesappling
11-10-2005, 11:10 AM
Disresprectful? Relax! He's talking about a stadium. Besides, which if you wouldn't rather have the park still named Comiskey?

Palehose13
11-10-2005, 11:14 AM
THAT, I will also agree with you on. Isn't the exchange of ideas and opinions fun? :D:

Yeah it's amazing. I'm glad that you opened my eyes to this whole new world.

voodoochile
11-10-2005, 11:14 AM
I'll buy one if they paint it green first...

anewman35
11-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Disresprectful? Relax! He's talking about a stadium. Besides, which if you wouldn't rather have the park still named Comiskey?

2003 Comiskey Park or 2006 US Cellular Field? Not a very hard choice there.

Lip Man 1
11-10-2005, 01:08 PM
I will always call it Comiskey Park just like when I was on TV I refused to call any of the stadiums by their corporate names. Cincinnati was always Riverfront Stadium as opposed to Synergy Field, San Francisco was always Candlestick Park instead of whatever the company of the year was calling it.

I'm not going to debase myself calling a stadium by a corporate name. When that company starts paying me to shrill for them, then I'd do it but only then (and that was not going to happen...:smile: )

Lip

voodoochile
11-10-2005, 01:52 PM
I will always call it Comiskey Park just like when I was on TV I refused to call any of the stadiums by their corporate names. Cincinnati was always Riverfront Stadium as opposed to Synergy Field, San Francisco was always Candlestick Park instead of whatever the company of the year was calling it.

I'm not going to debase myself calling a stadium by a corporate name. When that company starts paying me to shrill for them, then I'd do it but only then (and that was not going to happen...:smile: )

Lip

:rolleyes:

Debase yourself?

Do you ever wear anything with a Nike swoosh or an adidas whatever on it?

Ever wear any designer clothes?

Heaven forbid we should mention the name of the company that gave our favorite team $62M to redo the stadium and attract more paying customers so they could improve the product on the field and win a World Series.

I'll shout it from the rooftops if you won't...

THANK YOU, U.S. CELLULAR!

lunchbox
11-10-2005, 02:22 PM
That may be so, but did they really need to put a US Cellular store in the outfield concourse? Honestly, who goes to a baseball game to upgrade their mobile plan?

Bobby Thigpen
11-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Honestly, who goes to a baseball game to upgrade their mobile plan?

I do!! I do!!

SouthSide_HitMen
11-10-2005, 03:46 PM
US Cellular is slightly better than Enron (though Joan Cusack is on par). Glad the improvements were made but I feel no need to worship a phone company.

Buy Jerry Buy!!!

manders_01
11-10-2005, 04:34 PM

I wouldn't say I refuse but I definitely tend to refer to stadiums, arenas, etc by their non-corporate name. The Hoosier Dome will always be the Hoosier Dome to me (until they tear it down, that is).

My point though (yes, I have one) is that I don't think corporations should be begrudged for advertising UNLESS they happen to fall in that category where there never should have bought the naming rights, etc. knowing that their support would be limited (see Adelphia Coliseum, PSINet Stadium, etc.).

steff
11-10-2005, 04:41 PM
That may be so, but did they really need to put a US Cellular store in the outfield concourse? Honestly, who goes to a baseball game to upgrade their mobile plan?

Aparently many because it's always packed in there.

C-Dawg
11-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Not wanting to get too far off the subject, I'll mention they are making fast progress taking the blue seats out of the upper deck. Looked like about Sec. 506-510 or so were completely stripped of seats, with just the bare concrete showing. Some sort of work happening in the next several sections too, maybe just detaching them but they're still sitting there.

This is visible from the main concourse if you go up to visit the gift shop, and also from the frontage road across the Dan Ryan.