PDA

View Full Version : It's over move on..

Law11
11-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Anyone been hit with this comment yet? My answer is I'll have fun with this until the opener next year. Even then you know we'll hear, that was last year
move on... Well we as a city are still celebrating the Bears 20 years later so why move on.. Who knows if we'll ever see this again. We could be talking about this team 20 years from now.

Deuce
11-09-2005, 02:34 PM
*patiently waits for the obvious Animal House post*

Law11
11-09-2005, 02:36 PM
still waiting...

hellenicsoxfan
11-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Anyone been hit with this comment yet? My answer is I'll have fun with this until the opener next year. Even then you know we'll hear, that was last year
move on... Well we as a city are still celebrating the Bears 20 years later so why move on.. Who knows if we'll ever see this again. We could be talking about this team 20 years from now.

Yes I got hit with the "It's over" bit by a cub fan relative. My answer was "Yes, it's over, and the Sox are World Champions. No Bartman. No goat. No black cat. No curses. Just World Champion Chicago White Sox!" He walked away in disgust.

nccwsfan
11-09-2005, 02:46 PM
The White Sox are the defending MLB World Champions. It is over when they are no longer in the running to defend their title, and not a second sooner.

VeeckAsInWreck
11-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Over? Did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL NO! And it ain't over now. Cause when the going gets tough...

(Patriotic instrumental music)

the tough get going! Who's with me?

Let's go! Come on!

veeter
11-09-2005, 02:53 PM
So now people are actually telling you what you can and cannot be thinking about? I'll be celebrating this for the rest of my life, let alone until opening day 2006. I'm not sure what I'd do if someone told me, "it's over".

Deuce
11-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?The Germans?

soxfanatlanta
11-09-2005, 02:55 PM
I have not been hit with the old, "Dude, the season is over, get over it.", but I'm working on something. How about, "I'll get over the Sox winning the WS, if you get over the whole <insert item here> thing."

What would you use for the item?

(I could use obvious political/religous names here, but that would get me a one way ticket to banned-ville)

doublem23
11-09-2005, 03:01 PM
The Germans?

Forget it, he's rolling.

:)

D. TODD
11-09-2005, 03:04 PM
The start of next season will show that the Sox championship is far from "over". All year the Sox will play as the World Champions trying to defend their crown. All other teams will be competing to get to where we are. So, anybody who is dumb enough to say "it's over get over it" is in for a long '06 baseball season.

Hokiesox
11-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Pearl Harbor, London.

MERPER
11-09-2005, 03:07 PM
It's Cubs fans saying to get over it, yet if they win it they'll be talking about it for 98 more years until they win another...

I will be talking about this and cherishing the moment to say that we're the best team in baseball until someone knocks uss off our throne... that could be after game #162 next year or anytime in the playoffs....

Or maybe, just maybe I'll be correct and we'll repeat.... we are THAT DAMN GOOD!!!

:bandance: :bandance:

Sox of White
11-09-2005, 03:08 PM
Ha ha! It will never be over! WHITE SOX WON! Someone tells you to get over it, just tell them the same. I'll savor this as long as I want! And I want to savor it forever.

Tekijawa
11-09-2005, 03:10 PM
It's Cubs fans saying to get over it, yet if they win it they'll be talking about it for 98 more years until they win another...

I will be talking about this and cherishing the moment to say that we're the best team in baseball until someone knocks uss off our throne... that could be after game #162 next year or anytime in the playoffs....

Or maybe, just maybe I'll be correct and we'll repeat.... we are THAT DAMN GOOD!!!

:bandance: :bandance:

Are you saying the Germans will bomb Pearl Harbor again?

jenn2080
11-09-2005, 03:13 PM
I got it on Saturday when I was out with some friends. I got the I am so tired of hearing about the Sox. Get over it it is done now. BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! Whatever I will talk about it 20 yrs from now with same excitement as I had the day the Sox won.

TomBradley72
11-09-2005, 03:13 PM
I will be savoring this at least until late October 2006 when a new champion is crowned. Of course (see sig below) that could start another 12 months of celebrating. :cool: :gulp:

nccwsfan
11-09-2005, 03:50 PM
http://antiques-internet.com/colorado/swspirit/images/IG668-0.jpg
Cubs 1908 World Champions Hat

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-2354478reg.jpg
White Sox 2005 World Champions Hat

Which one would you rather own???

Hitmen77
11-09-2005, 03:50 PM
If celebrating a championship is supposed to be "over" 2 weeks after the final game is won, then why would anyone root for any team to win anything? But, I guess a Cub fan wouldn't understand that since their whole fan-dumb is based on their team's reputation as 'lovable losers'.

No way is it over! The Sox are still world champs and will be so for at least another year. Even after that, there will be a long-lasting afterglow. As far as I'm concerned, the D-backs, Angels and Marlins are still basking in the glow of their championships from a few years ago.

Heck, people are still talking about the Super Bowl Bears 20 years later!

Hitmen77
11-09-2005, 03:51 PM

:kneeslap: :kneeslap: :rolling: :rolling:

soxrme
11-09-2005, 03:52 PM
It's over in 50 weeks or with a little luck 102 weeks and growing.:D:

RedHeadPaleHoser
11-09-2005, 03:52 PM

POTW!!!

:hawk

"I luv 21st Century World Series Hats."

TheDarkGundam
11-09-2005, 04:11 PM
My mom: "Why do you want a $50 white sox sweatshirt? The season's over"

Me: "Because i'm a Sox fan, and they won the world series."

'Nuff Said.

SoxFan64
11-09-2005, 04:12 PM
The Germans?

Think Animal House.... Better yet rent it... and you too will be rolling.

Uncle_Patrick
11-09-2005, 04:14 PM
I was told to stop living in the past two days after game 4.

mrs. hendu
11-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Ha ha! It will never be over! WHITE SOX WON! Someone tells you to get over it, just tell them the same. I'll savor this as long as I want! And I want to savor it forever.

Enough said! :gulp:

CubsfansareDRUNK
11-09-2005, 04:21 PM
the best part is we beat them to it

RichFitztightly
11-09-2005, 04:29 PM
Think Animal House.... Better yet rent it... and you too will be rolling.

I do believe he's continuing the quote from Animal House, from Otter, I think. And just so we're all on the same page, Doublem is also adding to the quote.

SOXPHILE
11-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Haven't really had the pleasure yet of dealing with jealous, criminally dumb, Cub fans. But it's interesting reading the other posts here of everyone else's experiences with them. The fact that they're saying "get over it" about the current World Champions- (That would be the Chicago White Sox by the way)- is funny because this is a fan-dumb that goes into a of starry eyed daydream of stupidity over anything and everything having to do with the 1969 Cubs. You know, the team that NEVER WON A DAMN THING !

The Dude
11-09-2005, 04:42 PM

Hell, I'm not going to stop celebrating this until we win another one!:D:
The people saying this are obviously jealous and tired of hearing how the Sox won and their team didnt, plain and simple.

C-Dawg
11-09-2005, 05:04 PM
The people saying this are obviously jealous and tired of hearing how the Sox won and their team didnt, plain and simple.

If anyone tells me to "get over it", I'll just respond with "How'd you enjoy YOUR world series? ... Oh I forgot, you guys didn't have one!"

Foulke You
11-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Haven't really had the pleasure yet of dealing with jealous, criminally dumb, Cub fans. But it's interesting reading the other posts here of everyone else's experiences with them. The fact that they're saying "get over it" about the current World Champions- (That would be the Chicago White Sox by the way)- is funny because this is a fan-dumb that goes into a of starry eyed daydream of stupidity over anything and everything having to do with the 1969 Cubs. You know, the team that NEVER WON A DAMN THING !
Excellent point. Heck, this is the same fanbase that still waxes poetic about the "magical" 2003 season and talks about Kerry Wood's 20 strikeout game from '98 like it happened yesterday.

PaleHoseGeorge
11-09-2005, 05:45 PM

Good one!

I think Sports Authority ought to start selling those with "1908" stitched into the band. Maybe they could create a "fan pack" that included a hat, a bumper sticker, and a button with the slogan "I'm Bully and I'm for Teddy!"

Did they have cars in 1908? Maybe the bumper sticker could be stuck to your wagon, or maybe across your horse's ass.

I'm sure it would be a big seller, too.
:wink:

kevin57
11-09-2005, 06:34 PM
I haven't gotten the "Time to move on." comment, but I get a sense from Cub fan reactions that that's coming. Many have gone from, "This is good for Chicago." to "Why can't the Cubs do this?" to "I resent the Sox." So, the natural progression will be to end their pain by repressing our joy.

No thanks, I say! :dtroll:

I completely agree that full-throttle joy is ours until WS 2006. But the enduring memories of what this season was should not be any less than the Bulls dynasty or the Bears championship.

TommyJohn
11-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Good one!

Did they have cars in 1908? Maybe the bumper sticker could be stuck to your wagon, or maybe across your horse's ass.

:wink:

Careful. Dusty Baker, Lester Munson and Jay Mariotti are liable to wind up having those bumper stickers on their foreheads.

rwcescato
11-09-2005, 09:00 PM
The White Sox are the defending MLB World Champions. It is over when they are no longer in the running to defend their title, and not a second sooner.

The White Sox are World Series Champions until the season officially starts. Then you can call them defending World Series Champions.

nccwsfan
11-09-2005, 09:12 PM
The White Sox are World Series Champions until the season officially starts. Then you can call them defending World Series Champions.

Correct. The point was that for the rest of this season and the 2006 baseball season no one can say 'move on'.

:cool:

starboy0
11-10-2005, 08:21 AM
Yesterday I wore my new AJ jersey with world series patch. Here is what I got:

1) Pointed to my world series patch. Response was, "Geesh! That was so five minutes ago!"

2) Approached and reprimanded, "You're gonna wear that thing out (the jersey). They didn't notice this was a new jersey.

3) "The season's over. It is now off-season."

Also have been told that Garcia is being shopped, AJ is going to the Yankees, Konerko will not resign, Garland is being shopped. Who is left on the team!

Our team won the World Series and we were part of it. This transcends time and I'm going to celebrate it forever.

draggin10s
11-10-2005, 12:48 PM
I too have a dyed in the wool scrubs fan who's telling me you won but no one cares. He's a funny guy, no one cares but they keep mentioning it. We have this world championship trophy in our case forever. Some people just can't deal with that. Keep crying Scrubbie fans:whiner:

CaptainBallz
11-10-2005, 01:10 PM
There's still several thousands of Sox fans that I have yet to meet personally and even old friends and relatives that I know are Sox fans that I haven't seen since the clinch. I can't even think about "letting it go" until I share a toast and a fist-pound with every last one of them. Then there's the Great Bullpen Bar in the Sky, where there's a couple generations of proud fans that would love to hear every story I have to tell about being here for all of this.

"Let it Go?...."

Never.

The Critic
11-10-2005, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I got that line too.
My response:
"Gonna be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng winter!"
:D:

Hitmen77
11-10-2005, 01:49 PM
All these stories show how so pathetic some Cub fans are. They're so pathetic that I almost feel sorry for them. They are deserpartly trying anything to make the WHITE SOX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP go away. It just proves that Cub fans, in general, are really terrible fans.

Man, this is sweet payback for the crap they gave us in 2003 when they thought the Cubs had the pennant all wrapped up. The best part is that we don't have to stoop to their level of being obnoxious and condescending - all we have to do is hold our heads up and celebrate the Sox accomplishment without saying anything to them and it's just killing them.

The 2 years between game 6 of the '03 NLCS and the end of the '05 World Series has been one helluva downhill ride for Cub-dumb. From my point of view, many Cub fans had it coming to them.

pudge
11-10-2005, 01:56 PM
This is so freakin pathetic. The more they tell you it's over, the more you should rub it in their face.

Or how about saying, "It may be over for us, but for you it never even began."