PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day Info??

Sox35th
11-09-2005, 12:46 PM
I know its early, but is there any information when the Sox will get there WS rings and when the 2005 World Champ flag will go up at the Cell?

Is it going to be opening day? I have the 27 game plan and I just want to make sure that it will be opening day or I’ll need to get tickets if it dose fall on another day/game.

Thanks

anewman35
11-09-2005, 01:25 PM
I know its early, but is there any information when the Sox will get there WS rings and when the 2005 World Champ flag will go up at the Cell?

Is it going to be opening day? I have the 27 game plan and I just want to make sure that it will be opening day or I’ll need to get tickets if it dose fall on another day/game.

Thanks

I'm sure they'll do at least one of those things on opening day, probably both. But I'll bet we won't get any further info for months.

Law11
11-09-2005, 01:35 PM
I would'nt see why they wouldnt do this all on opening day.
Who knows, maybe they'll have the first weekend at home
a celebration of the 05 team. Then again, knowing Kenny and Ozzie they will just want to get the theatrics done and over and focus on the season.

remember how bad the Bulls always played on Ring night of the opening of the new season..

hellenicsoxfan
11-09-2005, 01:36 PM

Thanks

I was checking that out also. If it is a opening day - and I'm assuming that it will be - you have to be careful which 27 game plan you have. The way that I read it is that the weekday 27 game plan includes opening day. The weekend 27 game plan does not include opening day but includes the 2nd home game of the season. I saw this on the Sox website. I'm no expert and I may be wrong but that's what I got out of it.

By the way, did they start selling 27 game plans? I didn't think they were starting until later this month.

chisoxfanatic
11-09-2005, 01:45 PM
By the way, did they start selling 27 game plans? I didn't think they were starting until later this month.

Yes, 27 game plans are for sale as of now...at least for those upgrading from a smaller season ticket plan (Ozzie or Minnie).

As for when the ring and flag-raising ceremonies will happen, teams have continuously done it during their first home game.

Sox35th
11-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Yes.....The 27 game plans are on sale NOW!! (I know the web site states that the 27 game plan will not go on sale till later this month, but I already have mine set for next season)

This is my first year as a season ticket holder....I went down to the Cell first thing is past Monday (after I was on hold for 45mins on Friday) I meet with a sales rep (Chris) and he took me out to the seats that where available in the 100 level. I got two seat in sec 148 for the 27-game weekday plan.

If you have the time I would suggest going to the park and meeting face to face with a sales rep....they will take you out and show you the seats!! it was great and I was in and out in only 30mins!!

chisoxmike
11-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Yes.....The 27 game plans are on sale NOW!! (I know the web site states that the 27 game plan will not go on sale till later this month, but I already have mine set for next season)

This is my first year as a season ticket holder....I went down to the Cell first thing is past Monday (after I was on hold for 45mins on Friday) I meet with a sales rep (Chris) and he took me out to the seats that where available in the 100 level. I got two seat in sec 148 for the 27-game weekday plan.

Isn't there a ST holder event before the season starts where you can "meet your seat" if you wish?

hellenicsoxfan
11-09-2005, 05:44 PM

If you have the time I would suggest going to the park and meeting face to face with a sales rep....they will take you out and show you the seats!! it was great and I was in and out in only 30mins!!

I really want to get a 27 ticket plan. Just a couple of questions. If I go down to the Cell, where do I go? Is it open? Alpproximately how much does a lower deck 27 game plan cost?

Sox35th
11-09-2005, 06:07 PM
I really want to get a 27 ticket plan. Just a couple of questions. If I go down to the Cell, where do I go? Is it open? Alpproximately how much does a lower deck 27 game plan cost?

The cost is around $970 per ticket/seat for the 27 game plan in the 100 sec….The Sox office is open Monday-Friday from 9:00a.m. till 4:00p.m. Just walk in and ask the person at the desk that you would like to talk to a sales rep about season tickets. (it works out better then sitting on the phone for 45min) Also, I would ask them to show you the seats…..It help to see where you will be seating, so if you don’t like the seats you can ask for others seats that maybe available.

Vernam
11-09-2005, 06:10 PM
We need to space these things out, so as to stoke some rivalries:

1. Hand out rings on Opening Day. In your face, Cleveland.
2. Hoist the 2005 flag when St. Louis is in town. Hey, Tony, here's where you can stick your "best record in MLB."
3. Hoist the 1906 flag when we play the Flubs in our throwback uni's. Self-explanatory.

Vernam

Dolly
11-09-2005, 06:11 PM
The cost is around $970 per ticket/seat for the 27 game plan in the 100 sec….The Sox office is open Monday-Friday from 9:00a.m. till 4:00p.m. Just walk in and ask the person at the desk that you would like to talk to a sales rep about season tickets. (it works out better then sitting on the phone for 45min) Also, I would ask them to show you the seats…..It help to see where you will be seating, so if you don’t like the seats you can ask for others seats that maybe available.

I have the Hit & Run plan in the bleachers, and it is $681... obviously cheaper if you get UD.

hellenicsoxfan
11-09-2005, 06:33 PM

I have the Hit & Run plan in the bleachers, and it is $681... obviously cheaper if you get UD.

Thanks to both of you for the info.

dcb33
11-09-2005, 07:11 PM

All of the pricing information you are looking for is posted on whitesox.com:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/plans/prices.jsp

kninchicago
11-10-2005, 09:50 AM
No way man. I want to see everything, rings, flag, you name it, opening day. It's going to be awesome.