PDA

View Full Version : Have you had any Sox-related dreams lately?

Baby Fisk
11-09-2005, 11:27 AM
I only bring it up because I had a short Sox-related dream last night: I was hanging out in my living room with Bobby Jenks. We were watching TV. He muscled his way onto the couch and made himself quite at home. Can't remember what we were watching, maybe the news or something.

With the Sox dominating everyone's thoughts over the past month, has anyone else had Sox-related dreams of late?

Madvora
11-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Can't remember what we were watching, maybe the news or something.
You had to have been watching King Of The Hill.

RichFitztightly
11-09-2005, 12:30 PM
Oddly enough, yes I have had a Sox related dream. I don't remember much of what seemed like a 20 minute dream, but the parts I do remember involve me making a falling, game-saving catch on the edge of the infield on a ball that everybody lost in the lights. Then afterwards I was hanging out with the coaches and showed Tim Raines an old Donruss card of him on the Expos and said, "Doesn't this bring back memories" while he cracked up at the old picture.

Then I came out of my sleep for a bit and tried to recall the dream out loud before I forgot nodded back off. That's all I can remember at this time.

Madvora
11-09-2005, 12:33 PM
Then afterwards I was hanging out with the coaches and showed Tim Raines an old Donruss card of him on the Expos and said, "Doesn't this bring back memories" while he cracked up at the old picture.
Ah I know that card well. I'm picturing a 1987 one, right?
http://imagehost.epier.com/79173/itempics/item_1987-donruss-timraines-card56.jpg

mike squires
11-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Had one last night or the night before. We were playing Detroit at Comercia and I remember a ball hit down the left field line just fair. Not sure who was up. It's cloudy in my mind now. I have Sox dreams often.

boiler up
11-09-2005, 02:30 PM
yea i had a dream the other night. i was catching balls that were hit by the sox in the streets outside of the cell. they were hitting them out of the park. it eventually turned into a nightmare so i'll save that story for another time.

nlentz88
11-09-2005, 02:31 PM
I had a dream last week that the Sox traded Garland in the offseason. I can't recall if the dream included what players were received in return, but for some reason I think the other team involved was Florida.

ChiSoxGirl
11-09-2005, 02:35 PM
With the Sox dominating everyone's thoughts over the past month, has anyone else had Sox-related dreams of late?

I haven't dreamed about the Sox since the Division Series started last month. The night before Game 1, I kept waking up and was dreaming that Contreras had a horrible outing and that Boston would hit practically everything he'd throw up there. And the night before Game 2, I dreamed that we were down a few runs, but managed to always score a couple to tie it up or take the lead. Unfortunately in my dream, the Red Sox would always come back with a couple more runs to bring the deficits back. I'm happy to say, I didn't have anymore Sox dreams since that night! :smile:

RichFitztightly
11-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Ah I know that card well. I'm picturing a 1987 one, right?
http://imagehost.epier.com/79173/itempics/item_1987-donruss-timraines-card56.jpg

HaHa that is amazing. Actually though, the card in my dreams was the Donruss 1988 card. The one with the blue border and the red stripe pointing North, South, East, and West.

mike squires
11-09-2005, 10:31 PM
HaHa that is amazing. Actually though, the card in my dreams was the Donruss 1988 card. The one with the blue border and the red stripe pointing North, South, East, and West.

Those cards are hidious. That's about the time companies started mass producing everything. I bet I have 15 of each guy from 88 and 89. I washed dishes at a nursing home in high school and every paycheck I'd run up and buy a box of cards.

Around this time I heard of the evil you could do to rip younger kids off. Me and my friend would open up the packs and take most of the good ones out. We would then take an iron to the back of the wax pack, melting the pack back together again. So, we would then say, We'll give you this entire box of cards for your Ken Griffey RC. It was a mean thing to do. I was a pretty good kid. One of the few things I did wrong.

LongLiveFisk
11-09-2005, 10:40 PM
Those cards are hidious. That's about the time companies started mass producing everything. I bet I have 15 of each guy from 88 and 89. I washed dishes at a nursing home in high school and every paycheck I'd run up and buy a box of cards.

I have a ton of Topps from '87 including a whole set and almost a 2nd set, and they're practically worthless. Mass production sucks.

mike squires
11-09-2005, 11:40 PM
I have a ton of Topps from '87 including a whole set and almost a 2nd set, and they're practically worthless. Mass production sucks.

At the time I was 16-17 and thinking I was makin a good investment. Come to find out, everyone as doing the same thing. I can't get myslef to throw away or even give away my commons. They take up nearly 1/2 of my closet space. :o:

Chisox003
11-09-2005, 11:49 PM
I had the most ridiculous dream last night, it's beyond believable....

As a "celebration" to the White Sox championship, myself and about 20 other Sox fans (none of which I knew during the dream) decided it would be best to chug bottles of wine AND......use some sort of tranquilizers on ourselves :o:

On top of this, the "celebration" took place on a beach (FWIW, I am nowhere near any beaches), and everyone was jumping off a slide into the water.....

I woke up this morning and it was one of those dreams that seems like it is happening right before you wake up, and it was the first thing I thought of when I sat up.....All I could think was "What the hell was that??"

Ridiculous, I know....It's weird that this thread was started today, that may have been the craziest dream I've ever had.

[insert bong tag here]

:dunno:

Taliesinrk
11-10-2005, 12:38 AM
No BS here.. and I know that some don't want to hear it, however, I did have a dream (nightmare) about Pauly about 2 or 3 nights ago and how he picked a destination that was near Disney Land *nudge* *nudge*....

anyway, it was pretty wierd because fans (myself included) were there when he decided and everyone yelled and kept yelling at him and telling him he didn't care and he was really sorry and kept asking them to forgive him. But everyone hated him except me cuz i felt bad.. it was really wierd/ upsetting in the morning.. nonethless.. my dreams never come true in my life.. so hopefully this doesn't either..

Stroker Ace
11-10-2005, 12:55 AM
I had one where me and Bobby Jenks shared a "Doc Ellis"-esque experiance where I was the starting catcher and for some reason, Bobby started.

eastchicagosoxfan
11-10-2005, 06:27 AM
I've had three dreams since the the start of the World Series. The first was in game three. I went to bed after the 11th inning, I think. I'm sleeping, and I hear my younger brother Dan tell me, " Sox Win 7-5 ". I wake up, and figure it's just opptimism on my part, and, my Dan is a huge Sox fan. I fall back asleep, and later on, I have the same dream. So I wake up, because now I have to check, and sure enough, the Sox had won, and he sent me an email on the matter. I found it odd, because the dream happened twice.

My second and third dreams are very similiar. I'm dreaming that the Sox are indeed up 3-0, but I start to doubt they will win the fourth game. The Sox were Sisyphous ( sp ) of Grrek legend pushing the boulder up the hill. They couldn't get the hit, or make the throw, but then I quickly catch myself, wake up, and realize that the CHICAGO WHITE SOX ARE WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!

boiler up
11-10-2005, 08:15 AM
i just had a dream neal cotts got traded. i was really pissed.

mwc44
11-10-2005, 09:24 AM
I had a dream that lasted my 48 years... that the White Sox would be the WORLD CHAMPIONS... and on October 26, I woke up and... OMG... we ARE the WORLD CHAMPIONS... it's still hard to believe, even a few weeks later!

HotelWhiteSox
11-10-2005, 03:19 PM
I had one the night after reading this thread.

We somehow got Pedro Martinez and he was pitching his first game, but somehow, I was also at the celebration parade at the same time (may have been the Venezuela one). It wasn't too clear

Tekijawa
11-10-2005, 03:29 PM
I had one of those dreams where you wake up and you feel like you don't know if you've been asleep the past hour or just awake and thinking last night... but the though that either kept me awake or asleep was that I needed to get my Order for Opening Day tickets in for me and the 3 friends I went in on for 4 seats in the 27 game package and I couldn't get through. I know we have the option to buy upperdeck tickets already but I had to wake up at least 5 times last night in a panic...

Stupid Sox ticket office! Keeping me up already in November!

I also had a dream right after the World Series that the Sox Resigned Konerko, and traded Harris to the Athletics, I don't know for who. But I got to hang out with Joe Crede and he was a nice guy, he gave me all of the stuff out of Willie Harris's old locker for my wife, because she is actually a big Willie Harris fan and calls him Harry Willis. Then right before I woke up I made some dark red football team as the QB and threw for 10 touchdowns and retired after the game even though the offered me a ton of money. I told them that I didn't want to play anymore because I wanted to go into the history books... all in all a wierd dream!

MiamiSpartan
11-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Several..The series was over so quickly, and it the middle of all the hurricane crap, that I have dreams that I missed it....