PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Fantasy Camp - CFBC Camp 2006

mwc44
11-09-2005, 10:15 AM
Any White Sox Interactive members who are attending Chicago Fantasy Baseball Camp's 2006 White Sox Fantasy Camp in January, and who would be interested in a Pre-Camp get together in Tucson (maybe on Saturday or before the Opening Banquet on Sunday), should send an e-mail to:

soxmwc44@chicagofantasybaseballcamp.com

For those of you who aren't attending .... :whiner: , we'll keep you posted on how we celebrated our WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

TheQuestion
11-09-2005, 11:58 AM
I'm not attending, but have dreamed about it since I first found out about it 3 or 4 years ago...I hope you (or others) provide a recap after the fact...man am I jealous!

Palehose13
11-09-2005, 12:34 PM
I'm waiting for the day that I have enough money to do this and am old enough (I might already be, not sure). I have heard that you had to be 30, and then I have heard 35. What is the age minimum for the fantasy camp?

mwc44
11-09-2005, 01:13 PM
Palehose...
The minimum age is 30, and the Camp is open to men and women, veterans of prior camps, rookies, those who have played, and those who only dreamed of playing. You can get all the information at:

http://chicagofantasybaseballcamp.com

Camps are usually sold out by May 1, so when you hit the magic age, register quickly!

Garland_IS_God
11-09-2005, 01:39 PM
I gotta wait 6 years....I WANNA GO NOW!!!!!

TheQuestion
11-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Hmmm...only 4 more years.

Note to self: Do not seriously injure myself playing while any recreational sports during this time... :D:

Thanks for the info!

Dolly
11-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Palehose...
The minimum age is 30, and the Camp is open to men and women, veterans of prior camps, rookies, those who have played, and those who only dreamed of playing. You can get all the information at:

http://chicagofantasybaseballcamp.com (http://chicagofantasybaseballcamp.com/)

Camps are usually sold out by May 1, so when you hit the magic age, register quickly!
Not that it matters, because I fit the requirement, but just out of curiosity.... why is there an age limit?

Palehose13
11-11-2005, 01:06 PM
Palehose...

http://chicagofantasybaseballcamp.com (http://chicagofantasybaseballcamp.com/)

I'm 31, so I'm good on age. I just have to save up the cash. I hope to be there in the next 3-4 years.

Steelrod
11-11-2005, 01:18 PM
Sold out by May. Are you sure this is the White Sox Fantasy Camp?
lol

Who are the pro's at your camp? And are they cool?
What does it cost, and what do you get for your money?

mwc44
11-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Sold out by May. Are you sure this is the White Sox Fantasy Camp?
lol

Who are the pro's at your camp? And are they cool?
What does it cost, and what do you get for your money?

Feel free to browse the Camp website for the answers to all your questions... except the question about if the pro's are cool.

Answer: Yes, except for one! (beeeeeeeep!) :neener:

Steelrod
11-11-2005, 01:55 PM
BEEEEEEEEEP ?

What does that mean? Is that the sound of a train or bus horn?:)

mwc44
11-11-2005, 02:09 PM
BEEEEEEEEEP ?

What does that mean? Is that the sound of a train or bus horn?:)

Depending on who you are talking to... could be... BOTH!

Lip Man 1
11-11-2005, 08:27 PM
For those interested in what goes on at the Sox camp:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=11&id=2442

Lip

mwc44
01-27-2006, 09:17 AM
For those of you who may be wondering, White Sox Fantasy Camp 2006 was the best camp ever! For some reason, there was a buzz all through the Camp for the entire week... guess some thing special must have happened before Camp 2006 commenced...

The highlight of the week had to be Thursday night when Jerry Reinsdorf showed up to meet the 200+ campers, their invited guests, hotel staff who could squeeze into the packed banquet room, and anyone else who caught wind that "The Chairman" was in town.

Some of you may remember, from comments in the papers and the article with Ed Herrmann that was posted here on WSI, that Jerry was basically run out of Tucson two years ago when he came to Camp because campers were very vocal about his apparent lack of desire and commitment to win (and to be honest, I was in the contingent questioning his commitment, albeit not as vocal as four people who caused the get together to end).

This year, for some reason, Jerry was greeted to a standing ovation when he walked into the room. After a few opening comments, Jerry was introduced and received another lengthy standing ovation. After the crowd settled in, Jerry looked around the room, and simply said...

"So.... who's got something to bitch about THIS year?"

Classic!!! Another standing ovation was rightfully given. Jerry then went on to answer every question that was thrown his way, in his usual brutally honest fashion, he stayed afterwards to sign autographs and pose for pictures for everyone who wanted three or four of each, and was just generally gracious in accepting the praise and accolades he received that night, while admitting the he "had the least to do with us winning the World Championship."

A great time was had by all, and hopefully (this year), by Jerry Reinsdorf as well. No matter how he may get slammed or questioned, make no mistake about it, Jerry Reinsdorf IS a class act!

TDog
01-27-2006, 10:26 AM
For those of you who may be wondering, White Sox Fantasy Camp 2006 was the best camp ever! For some reason, there was a buzz all through the Camp for the entire week... guess some thing special must have happened before Camp 2006 commenced...

Not to mention the baseball. The camp was the only place one could see Jim McMahon win a game as a pitcher in a White Sox uniform.

mwc44
01-30-2006, 01:33 PM
All during the week of January 30, the 10 PM Comcast Sports Night show will feature segments on this year's White Sox Fantasy Camp... FYI

Steelrod
01-31-2006, 10:30 AM
All during the week of January 30, the 10 PM Comcast Sports Night show will feature segments on this year's White Sox Fantasy Camp... FYI
Saw Comcast last night. Camp looks amazing!

Steelrod
02-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Did you see wednesdays show? A father was actually crying about the experience of playing baseball with his son. Personally, I'd guess that my son would be less than excited about playing baseball with people of my age, but maybe I'm wrong.

TDog
02-03-2006, 01:12 AM
Did you see wednesdays show? A father was actually crying about the experience of playing baseball with his son. Personally, I'd guess that my son would be less than excited about playing baseball with people of my age, but maybe I'm wrong.

When I was a kid, my father used to cry when he watched me play baseball. Sentimentality had nothing to do with it.

mwc44
02-03-2006, 09:45 AM

I'd guess your guess would be mistaken. Of all the multiple father/son combos that were at the White Sox Fantasy Camp a few weeks ago, all you'd have to do is look around the locker room and see the faces of the Dads and Sons lockering next to each other....

White Sox Fantasy Camp may cost $3100 to attend, but the sight of the Dads and Sons having a week of quality time together, sharing their passion and their team together, as well as the memories it brings back and creates for the future... PRICELESS!!!

Steelrod
02-04-2006, 09:32 AM
Friday's Comcast had Jim McMahon at the camp. How cool.
Looked up other camps on the web. It seems like this camp is the best bargain around. More days, more stuff, less money. I assume this, like everything else will not continue. Especially with it being sold out every year. I'll be there in 2008, if it's still affordable. Thanks for all the info.