PDA

View Full Version : KW optimistic Konerko will return

Deuce
11-09-2005, 06:08 AM
Chicago White Sox (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/chw/) general manager Ken Williams thinks there's a good chance Paul Konerko (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5908/) will remain with the World Series champions.

``Ultimately, when it's all said and done, you have a player that wants to be in Chicago and you have a club that wants him to be in Chicago. So I'm optimistic that something will work out,'' Williams said Tuesday at the GM meetings.Link to Article (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-whitesox-konerko&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Deuce

Corlose 15
11-09-2005, 06:14 AM
Sounds interesting. I'm much more interested in KW's opinion on the subject than PK's dad. I'm more comfortable about these negotiations than the Magglio ones if for no other reason then I think Paulie is a pretty classy individual. If I had to hazard a guess I think Paulie is in black pinstripes next season on the third baseline at the Cell recieving his ring.

caulfield12
11-09-2005, 07:02 AM
Link to Article (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-whitesox-konerko&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Deuce

Something about the idea of Konerko not receiving his WS championship ring with the rest of his teammates...for some reason, that does not seem to me.
If you read everyday what Landis and his dad say in the papers, it would seem almost hopeless.

When all things are said and done, I think he will be back. I just want it to be over with, so there are no more of these ¨tea reading¨ threads parsing words...interpreting his intentions in giving the ball to JR, etc.

Maybe the White Sox should name Konerko captain today, lol, then it would be even more difficult for him to leave.

I am encouraged that the tenor of these negotiations from the P.O.V. of KW is much more positive and constructive than it was with Ordonez...who you had the idea that there was about a 5% chance of him coming back to the fold.

kevin57
11-09-2005, 07:22 AM
KW's statement reassures me. By no means are things in the bag, but the air certainly has not been "poisoned" as it often is by now in the negotiating process.

Hitmen77
11-09-2005, 09:10 AM
There's pressure on both sides to have PK return.

For the Sox, losing Paulie would take some of the wind out of their sails in terms of the excitement they've generated in Chicago, grabbing a bigger slice of the Chicago market, and the number of tickets they'll sell next year.

For Paulie, if he's looking at the bottom line of how much money he can make, he has to factor in the money he can make on endorsements by staying in Chicago. If he goes to NY or LA, he won't be anyone special - they're already loaded with big names and he didn't help THEM win a World Series. I don't imagine he could make nearly as much on endorsements in another city.

Ol' No. 2
11-09-2005, 10:20 AM
If someone else offers Konerko a monster contract, there's no way KW will (or should) match it. But I seriously doubt that's going to happen. I believe he's going to get offers around 5 yr/$60-65M, and possibly less. And KW will probably match that. If it's back-loaded, he'll be playing for "only" $10-11M next year. By the 5th year overall salaries will have escalated to the point where $13-14M might seem like a bargain. The alternatives are all significantly more expensive.

voodoochile
11-09-2005, 11:00 AM
There's pressure on both sides to have PK return.

For the Sox, losing Paulie would take some of the wind out of their sails in terms of the excitement they've generated in Chicago, grabbing a bigger slice of the Chicago market, and the number of tickets they'll sell next year.

For Paulie, if he's looking at the bottom line of how much money he can make, he has to factor in the money he can make on endorsements by staying in Chicago. If he goes to NY or LA, he won't be anyone special - they're already loaded with big names and he didn't help THEM win a World Series. I don't imagine he could make nearly as much on endorsements in another city.

I completely agree and I am sure his agent is taking that into consideration. Konerko makes more on endorsements in Chicago than in LA or NY because he is a name commodity. Heck if Magglio can do McDonald's commercials without even winning anything, PK should be able to write his own check.

I would bet he can pick up at least a few million in endorsement deals locally.

Chicken Dinner
11-09-2005, 11:40 AM
All I can say is that if it doesn't happen soon, it won't happen at all.

soxfanreggie
11-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Heck, Paulie could probably open a few car dealerships around Chicago and the suburbs...if you can't trust a World Champion, who can you trust...:D:

If he opened a car dealership and it was a car I'd want...heck I'd buy it...if he threw in an autograph...I like the ring of that...buy you're auto from me and I'll make sure you get two quality autos...then have him tossing someone an auto'd ball...kinda corny, but hey...who cares...

voodoochile
11-09-2005, 11:44 AM
All I can say is that if it doesn't happen soon, it won't happen at all.

Define "soon"...:?:

voodoochile
11-09-2005, 11:44 AM
Heck, Paulie could probably open a few car dealerships around Chicago and the suburbs...if you can't trust a World Champion, who can you trust...:D:

If he opened a car dealership and it was a car I'd want...heck I'd buy it...if he threw in an autograph...I like the ring of that...buy you're auto from me and I'll make sure you get two quality autos...then have him tossing someone an auto'd ball...kinda corny, but hey...who cares...

That is a great marketing idea. I mean seriously...

Mickster
11-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Define "soon"...:?:

OK. :redneck

soon http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/JPG/pron.jpg (https://secure.reference.com/premium/login.html?rd=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fsearch%3 Fq%3Dsoon) ( P ) Pronunciation Key (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/ahd4/pronkey.html) (shttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/oomacr.gifn)
adv. soon·er, soon·est

In the near future; shortly.
Without hesitation; promptly: came as soon as possible.
Before the usual or appointed time; early.
With willingness; readily: I'd as soon leave right now.
Obsolete. Immediately.

Paulwny
11-09-2005, 11:50 AM

Sale's ad : PK on TV standing in his car lot-- " I can't run , but my cars do !! "

Palehose13
11-09-2005, 11:51 AM
OK. :redneck

Ah but Mickster...it's all relative. If I don't eat my lunch soon (in the next 20 minutes) I won't be able to eat lunch at all. I don't think PK needs to sign in 20 minutes... :tongue:

voodoochile
11-09-2005, 11:56 AM
Ah but Mickster...it's all relative. If I don't eat my lunch soon (in the next 20 minutes) I won't be able to eat lunch at all. I don't think PK needs to sign in 20 minutes... :tongue:

That's my point. Soon could mean "before he gets to talk to any other team" (not going to happen unless the Sox do something stupid) or it could mean "before the end of the month" (arbitrary, can't think of why it would matter) or it could mean "in the next 20 minutes so PH13 is too excited to eat lunch". :wink:

ChiSoxGirl
11-09-2005, 11:59 AM
These are positive, encouraging comment from Kenny regarding Konerko being in a Sox uniform next season & for years to come.

In my opinion, Paulie would be doing himself a disservice if he signed elsewhere. The guy is loved in this town- plain and simple. After seeing what he was capable of and did in the playoffs, and what he did at the rally, in giving Reinsdorf the baseball from the last out of Game 4, I have a newfound respect and love for the guy as a ballplayer, as a person, and as a professional. He's usually good with the media, he's great in the clubhouse, he's a team leader on & off the field, and he's never one to hide or shy away from the media when things aren't going well for him or with the team (see his 2003 season or August & September of this season).

I'm not just speaking with my heart when I say I think Konerko will be in a Sox uniform next season & for years to come. I think he'll realize many of the things I and many of the other people on this board have highlighted and make the right decision. :smile:

Paulwny
11-09-2005, 12:07 PM
That's my point. Soon could mean "before he gets to talk to any other team" (not going to happen unless the Sox do something stupid) or it could mean "before the end of the month" (arbitrary, can't think of why it would matter) or it could mean "in the next 20 minutes so PH13 is too excited to eat lunch". :wink:

I think the real question is -- how long can/will KW wait for PK's decision. The longer the waiting period the more the scramble to find/trade for players. While KW waits other teams will be trying to acquire players via trade. Some players KW may have in mind may be gone.

voodoochile
11-09-2005, 12:08 PM
I think the real question is -- how long can/will KW wait for PK's decision. The longer the waiting period the more the scramble to find/trade for players. While KW waits other teams will be trying to acquire players via trade. Some players KW may have in mind may be gone.

PK isn' t going to be on the market long either way. Other teams are already lining up to talk to him. If the Sox have a good enough offer, he will be signed before the end of December, because he will be signed somewhere by then, IMO.

Iwritecode
11-09-2005, 12:12 PM

Now I have that Spaceballs scene in my head...

Dark Helmet: What the hell am I looking at?... When does this happen in the movie?
Colonel Sandurz: Now, You're looking at now sir...Everything that happens now is happening now.
Dark Helmet: What happened to then?
Colonel Sandurz: We passed it.
Dark Helmet:When.
Colonel Sandurz:Just now... We're at now now.
Dark Helmet: Go back to then?
Colonel Sandurz: When?
Dark Helmet: Now.
Colonel Sandurz: Now?
Dark Helmet: Now.
Colonel Sandurz:I can't
Dark Helmet: Why?
Colonel Sandurz: We missed it.
Dark Helmet: When?
Colonel Sandurz: Just now.
Dark Helmet: When will then be now?
Colonel Sandurz: Soon!

:)

Randar68
11-09-2005, 12:14 PM
PK isn' t going to be on the market long either way. Other teams are already lining up to talk to him. If the Sox have a good enough offer, he will be signed before the end of December, because he will be signed somewhere by then, IMO.

This is why KW's first move in FA should be to sign Brian Giles at just about any reasonable cost. Whatever per-year salary he is willing to pay Konerko he should be able to offer Giles. This helps address the #3 hitter before you even consider PK returning or not and he doesn't play 1B...

Same goes for Matsui if the Yanks can't work out a deal, IMO. If you can get a versatile OF/DH guy as a #3 hitter, you do this without worrying about Konerko's decision at the time.

Then, if Konerko walks, you have better options based on the trade market with Thome/Howard/Delgado, etc, and you still have the option of moving Dye to 1st base (not going to re-debate the merits of that option now)

It's Time
11-09-2005, 12:17 PM
This is why KW's first move in FA should be to sign Brian Giles at just about any reasonable cost.

What would you consider "reasonable" for a soon to be 35 year old player?

Randar68
11-09-2005, 12:27 PM
What would you consider "reasonable" for a soon to be 35 year old player?

With Giles' skills?

4 years 40 million? I don't think it will likely even take that, but who knows?

His skills aren't diminished, he plays in a park that is 375 feet to RF if you hit it just 25 feet off the line...

At USCF he'd again be a 30-40 HR threat without blinking while putting up an OBP well over .400. He's a far better all-around hitter than Konerko.

Sox35th
11-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Well, If KW and JR were smart they would lock Paulie up!! There is no doubt that PK is a fan favorite….and more important a fan favorite for those young fans. The young fans that will be going to games for years to come!! Lock Paulie up and I think the Sox will see a return on their investments by keeping the fans in the park for years to come.

One can just look back at the Blackhawk in the 90’s when $dollar$ Bill Wirtz said so long to Jeremy Roenick, Ed Belfour and then later Tony Amonte. I think this was a big marketing mistake!! This made me sick for years….and made me stop my season ticket plan with the Hawks.

I know the Sox are not like the Hawks……..but I think the Sox need to look at what will fill the seats for years to come!! Young fans want to see the same players year after year…I know PK is not 22 but I think he has some good years to come.

maurice
11-09-2005, 01:05 PM
If someone else offers Konerko a monster contract, there's no way KW will (or should) match it. But I seriously doubt that's going to happen . . .

I felt the same way about Ordonez last year, and then Detroit came along.

After some of the crazy deals handed out last offseason, I've learned never to underestimate the stupidity of MLB GMS and owners.

maurice
11-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Lock Paulie up and I think the Sox will see a return on their investments by keeping the fans in the park for years to come.

JR obviously doesn't think like this. He thinks that, if the Sox continue to make the playoffs, the Sox will continue to draw well . . . and he's right.

TheOldRoman
11-09-2005, 01:14 PM
With Giles' skills?

His skills aren't diminished, he plays in a park that is 375 feet to RF if you hit it just 25 feet off the line...

At USCF he'd again be a 30-40 HR threat without blinking while putting up an OBP well over .400. He's a far better all-around hitter than Konerko.
Randar, I am looking at Giles' numbers right now, and I am blown away. This guy is unbelievable. Obviously his power numbers are way down the last few years. It kind of concerns me since only half of his games are played at PETCO, you would still expect him to hit at least 25 this past year.
My question for you is, was he playing through injuries in 03? He was coming off 39, 35,37, and 38 homers in the last four years, and he only put up 20 splitting the year with Pitt and SD (before PETCO). If he was healthy, it makes me think he has lost a great deal of power, and may have been juicing in the past.

Ol' No. 2
11-09-2005, 01:50 PM
With Giles' skills?

At USCF he'd again be a 30-40 HR threat without blinking while putting up an OBP well over .400. He's a far better all-around hitter than Konerko.Do you really think he'll come that cheap? I'd be a little nervous about a 4-year contract for a player that will be 35 on opening day, but $10M/yr seems like quite a bargain.

AZSoxFAN
11-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Presenting Jerry with the game ending ball like he did ensured that he can be a White Sox IF HE WANTS TO BE for the rest of his career. Jerry is loyal, if nothing else.

Flight #24
11-09-2005, 02:34 PM
Here's the problem, IMO: If you give Konerko 13/yr & Giles 12/yr (more realistic IMO than 10, especially since he has no love for Chicago that might get any hope of a slight discount), then you're committing to another sizeable raise in 2007 and still another one in 2008.

After '06, you'd be looking to replace/resign Contreras at a significant premium to his $6M Sox salary (or find a rookie ready to step in). You're also looking at replacing/resigning Podsednik & Politte. You'll almost certainly be letting Dye go assuming Young's ready - but that only saves you $5M. Add in other contracted raises and it's a solid commitment to a mid-high 90s payroll. After '07 it gets worse as both Garcia & Buehrle's deals expire along with Iguchi's. If you believe you'll have Owens, Young, Anderson, McCarthy, as solid contributors by 2007-8, then you're OK. But otherwise there's not a lot of "flex" there.

Randar68
11-09-2005, 02:43 PM
Giles 12/yr (more realistic IMO than 10, especially since he has no love for Chicago that might get any hope of a slight discount)

The Padres offerred 3 years and 21 million. You start in the 4 and 5 year range and you'll have the guy listening. I don't think that length of deal is unreasonable for him considering you have the option of DHing him in the latter years.

I really don't think you'll see him sign for much more than 4/36.

chisox77
11-09-2005, 03:04 PM
A couple of hours ago, Mike Murphy on the Score stated that he thinks Konerko is gone - a conclusion based on the fact that the Sox (according to Murphy) are "leaking" their first offer to PK (4/52) to various sources. While I think that leaks are often intended during a negotiations process, I don't agree with Murphy becuase the Sox are making a serious first offer, not one that is merely a "bluff offer" or "window dressing" where the team can say that they tried . . . but, well you know the rest.

At any rate, I think its 50/50 on PK. The crucial point of this issue is how the Sox will counteroffer after PK looks at his options from other teams.

Flight #24
11-09-2005, 03:06 PM
The Padres offerred 3 years and 21 million. You start in the 4 and 5 year range and you'll have the guy listening. I don't think that length of deal is unreasonable for him considering you have the option of DHing him in the latter years.

I really don't think you'll see him sign for much more than 4/36.

If so, that's a great deal. In the AL, with the DH possibility, getting a Giles-like hitter at <$10M/yr is an absolute deal.

Put it this way: KW could have kept Carl and Shingo at a combined $7.5M....instead, he could roll out Giles & Jenks.:bandance:

SoxFan64
11-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Here's the problem, IMO: If you give Konerko 13/yr & Giles 12/yr (more realistic IMO than 10, especially since he has no love for Chicago that might get any hope of a slight discount), then you're committing to another sizeable raise in 2007 and still another one in 2008.

After '06, you'd be looking to replace/resign Contreras at a significant premium to his $6M Sox salary (or find a rookie ready to step in). You're also looking at replacing/resigning Podsednik & Politte. You'll almost certainly be letting Dye go assuming Young's ready - but that only saves you $5M. Add in other contracted raises and it's a solid commitment to a mid-high 90s payroll. After '07 it gets worse as both Garcia & Buehrle's deals expire along with Iguchi's. If you believe you'll have Owens, Young, Anderson, McCarthy, as solid contributors by 2007-8, then you're OK. But otherwise there's not a lot of "flex" there.

That's how I see it. We some flexiblity for money this year. But the upcoming years you have to have money to either re-sign the pitchers or the position players or a combination but not both.

Keep in mind the money folks here are thinking of giving to Giles -- who may or may not be worth it -- you still have re-sign Garland, AJ and Crede during salary abitration or find replacements for them too.

So what is it going to be -- sign PK and Giles or sign PK, Garland, Crede and AJ or do as KW did last season when he found gems in the baseball garage sale. Now most of us think he will have $10-15 million more to dole out than in 05 to dole out so there is some flexibility but not that much.

Don't we have $52-55 million tied up in only 12 players for '06. So that leaves $30-35 million to get the other 13 players signed.

Something has to give.

Flight #24
11-09-2005, 03:07 PM
A couple of hours ago, Mike Murphy on the Score stated that he thinks Konerko is gone - a conclusion based on the fact that the Sox (according to Murphy) are "leaking" their first offer to PK (4/52) to various sources. While I think that leaks are often intended during a negotiations process, I don't agree with Murphy becuase the Sox are making a serious first offer, not one that is merely a "bluff offer" or "window dressing" where the team can say that they tried . . . but, well you know the rest.

At any rate, I think its 50/50 on PK. The crucial point of this issue is how the Sox will counteroffer after PK looks at his options from other teams.

Anyone who pays any attention at all to KW knows that he doesn't really play these reindeer games. He's much more straightforward and tries to keep things on the QT.

Oh yeah, and Murph is a moron.

Randar68
11-09-2005, 03:23 PM
That's how I see it. We some flexiblity for money this year. But the upcoming years you have to have money to either re-sign the pitchers or the position players or a combination but not both.

Keep in mind the money folks here are thinking of giving to Giles -- who may or may not be worth it -- you still have re-sign Garland, AJ and Crede during salary abitration or find replacements for them too.

Yawn. Sox have El Duque, Contreras, Dye, Iguchi and Hermanson as FA's after 2006 and could easily move Rowand with the glut of young OF'ers and his 3.25 2006 salary and 5 million 2007 salary, especially if you include signing a Giles or Matsui...

You're vastly overstating your position.

Flight #24
11-09-2005, 03:31 PM
Yawn. Sox have El Duque, Contreras, Dye, Iguchi and Hermanson as FA's after 2006 and could easily move Rowand with the glut of young OF'ers and his 3.25 2006 salary and 5 million 2007 salary, especially if you include signing a Giles or Matsui...

The problem is that you need to replace Duque, Contreras, Dye, Iguchi, Hermanson after '06 (and replace/resign Podsednik). You have guys ready to swap in for Duque (McCarthy) & Dye (Anderson). You'd effectively replace Rowand with a bigname FA. But it's not going to be easy to replace Contreras, Iguchi, (& depending on the readiness of Young/Owens - Podsednik) without some sizeable increases in salary.

Plus there'll be other raises to guys or arb deals.

Ol' No. 2
11-09-2005, 04:12 PM
The problem is that you need to replace Duque, Contreras, Dye, Iguchi, Hermanson after '06 (and replace/resign Podsednik). You have guys ready to swap in for Duque (McCarthy) & Dye (Anderson). You'd effectively replace Rowand with a bigname FA. But it's not going to be easy to replace Contreras, Iguchi, (& depending on the readiness of Young/Owens - Podsednik) without some sizeable increases in salary.

Plus there'll be other raises to guys or arb deals.Hernandez is replaced by McCarthy and Dye and Rowand will be replaced by Giles and Anderson. That's a net saving that will just about pay the extra money to re-sign Contreras. If they choose to re-sign Hermanson, it's not going to be for significantly more money.

The Sox have a $3.25M option on Iguchi for 2007, so he's a non-issue.

OEO Magglio
11-09-2005, 04:15 PM

Just for the record, Tad, Dye, and Hermy all have options for 07.

Flight #24
11-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Hernandez is replaced by McCarthy and Dye and Rowand will be replaced by Giles and Anderson. That's a net saving that will just about pay the extra money to re-sign Contreras. If they choose to re-sign Hermanson, it's not going to be for significantly more money.

The Sox have a $3.25M option on Iguchi for 2007, so he's a non-issue.

Duque+Rowand+Dye = 4.5+3.25+5 = $12.75. If Giles comes at $10M, that's 2.75 in savings, which gets eaten up pretty quickly in raises to Buehrle (1.75M), Garcia (1M), and others. Going rate on Contreras will probably be 10M, or 4M more than the Sox are paying for him now. It's not going to be all that easy unless you start making other moves like trading Uribe and his 3.15 in '06.
Oops, I meant '08, not '07 on Iguchi. :redface:

After 07, Garcia, Buehrle, Iguchi are all FAs. None are replaceable without spending more, IMO.

In general, the Sox are in good shape financially to keep everyone they currently have. I'm just not convinced that they have the ability to add a bigtime salary without making some corresponding cuts down the line. The problem they have now is that the area where they have minor league depth (OF) is also the area where they're not really spending a ton, thus they can't get huge savings from plugging in youngsters.

Ol' No. 2
11-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Duque+Rowand+Dye = 4.5+3.25+5 = $12.75. If Giles comes at $10M, that's 2.75 in savings, which gets eaten up pretty quickly in raises to Buehrle (1.75M), Garcia (1M), and others. Going rate on Contreras will probably be 10M, or 4M more than the Sox are paying for him now. It's not going to be all that easy unless you start making other moves like trading Uribe and his 3.15 in '06.

After 07, Garcia, Buehrle, Iguchi are all FAs. None are replaceable without spending more, IMO.

In general, the Sox are in good shape financially to keep everyone they currently have. I'm just not convinced that they have the ability to add a bigtime salary without making some corresponding cuts down the line. The problem they have now is that the area where they have minor league depth (OF) is also the area where they're not really spending a ton, thus they can't get huge savings from plugging in youngsters.If Young, Sweeney and Owens continue to develop, the Sox could have a whole OF ready for 2007. They don't have enough spaces for all those guys, so some are certainly trade bait. As you point out, Garcia and Buehrle are going to command big $$ in future years. It might be time to stock up on some good young arms. You can never have too many of those.

nodiggity59
11-09-2005, 04:35 PM

In general, the Sox are in good shape financially to keep everyone they currently have. I'm just not convinced that they have the ability to add a bigtime salary without making some corresponding cuts down the line. The problem they have now is that the area where they have minor league depth (OF) is also the area where they're not really spending a ton, thus they can't get huge savings from plugging in youngsters.

I think that's why you'll see Young, Anderson, Owens, or Sweeny used in a deal for pitching following the 2006 season. We will probably need another starter at that time (tough to resign Garland and JC) and trading one of these chips for an arb guy will give us cost certainty the FA market would not. It wouldn't save us as much cash as having a stud 1B prospect, but it would still save us a lot more than merely Anderson replacing Rowand.

DickAllen72
11-09-2005, 04:51 PM
This is why KW's first move in FA should be to sign Brian Giles at just about any reasonable cost. Whatever per-year salary he is willing to pay Konerko he should be able to offer Giles. This helps address the #3 hitter before you even consider PK returning or not and he doesn't play 1B...

Same goes for Matsui if the Yanks can't work out a deal, IMO. If you can get a versatile OF/DH guy as a #3 hitter, you do this without worrying about Konerko's decision at the time.

Then, if Konerko walks, you have better options based on the trade market with Thome/Howard/Delgado, etc, and you still have the option of moving Dye to 1st base (not going to re-debate the merits of that option now)

You are absolutely correct, Sir! I agree 100% with everything in your post.

If the reports that the Sox are going to offer Paulie $52M over 4 years are true, I'm confident Paulie will stay with the Sox. As others have pointed out, Paulie is loved in Chicago and can make more money on endorsements here. Plus, if the Sox are offering him $13M/yr, how much more will another team have to offer to make it worth his while to leave? If someone offers him $15M, that's only about $700,000 per year more after taxes. While that's a lot of money, is that enough to get him to leave? When you're talking about figures like that, money isn't everything. Ask ARod or the Big Unit.

Having Paulie back at 1B and either Giles or Matsui at DH with the Sox pitching staff makes the Sox favorites to repeat, IMHO.

The Dude
11-09-2005, 05:18 PM
Link to Article (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-whitesox-konerko&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Deuce

Get it done PK. Check the market and sign that contract!

And :cheers: to my 1000th post! That makes a grand total of #1953 combined with my former name. Should be a high priest, but that'll happen eventually:D: