PDA

View Full Version : Putting up with Cub fans

PKalltheway
11-09-2005, 12:29 AM
Do any of you have the same misfortune that I do by having a Cubs fan in your family and having to put up with that? My dad is a huge Cubs fan and I am finally taking pleasure in knowing that the Cubs are no longer number one in Chicago and I enjoy telling that to his face because he never says a word!

CLR01
11-09-2005, 12:43 AM
So you are really not putting up with anything other than yourself being an obnoxious Sox fan? Got it.

antitwins13
11-09-2005, 01:48 AM
Do any of you have the same misfortune that I do by having a Cubs fan in your family and having to put up with that? My dad is a huge Cubs fan and I am finally taking pleasure in knowing that the Cubs are no longer number one in Chicago and I enjoy telling that to his face because he never says a word!

Yeah my Dad is a Cubs fan too, but we won the WS so that's all that matters.

C-Dawg
11-09-2005, 05:48 AM
This is probably a good thread to tell this story in - a Cub fan aquaintance of mine was going to a Halloween party dressed as a "Sox Fan". Supposedly he was going to wear a mullet wig, get a bunch of temporary tattoos, maybe a "wife-beater" undershirt, etc... I'm assuming the Tom Gamboa thing was going to be incorporated into his act too. When I heard about it, I offered to let him borrow my 2005 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS hat and T-shirt! I never heard another word from him.

Anyway, he wound up finding a different costume, after some long-term Cub fans suggested to him it was time to grow up and not be bitter about it.