PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is going on?

house215
11-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Simulated Cubs News Conference.... what the ****!

Coolpapa
11-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Espn becomes an even less credible news source as they pander to yanks, red sox, and cub fans in hopes of advertising $$.

Stroker Ace
11-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Simulated Cubs News Conference.... what the ****!It's to announce that they have won the simulated World Series.

seanpmurphy
11-08-2005, 11:11 PM
It's to announce that they have won the simulated World Series.

Where is a simulated curse when you need one?

Shorty1983
11-09-2005, 12:10 AM
Seriously ESPN has reached a bottom low.

mdep524
11-09-2005, 01:03 AM
Here's the thing- not only are these fake news conferences stupid, and pandering to the typical Yanks/Boston/Cubs chatter, and run by one of the most incompetent GMs in Major League history... but they are totally uninformative empirically! I mean, it's not just inaccurate or shallow reporting, it's not reporting at all! There is literally nothing analytical or newsworthy in these reports.

Usually ESPN is just wrong. They try and they fail. I could see if they had Steve Phillips actually make up a plan and budget as to how he would tackle the offseason for each of the teams. Then it would be undoubtedly be wrong, as Phillips is an idiot, but at least it would be an attempt at analysis. What they're doing is literally saying nothing about the teams like an actual GM that can't tip his hand. If they're not providing news or analysis, what is the point?

Fredsox
11-09-2005, 05:01 AM
Allright, I'll invite the scorn of my peers on this. I don't claim to be an ESPN fan but I actually thought the piece was interesting and entertaining. The alternative to this was, of course, just a straight piece analyzing each team and what they might be looking to do. So somebody got an idea and they put the "live news conference" spin on it. I enjoyed it. If they do it for all 30 teams then its fair but potentially less interesting as it goes along. I won't change my schedule to see it, but I thought it was fun.

VenturaSoxFan23
11-09-2005, 08:50 AM
The reporters acting like idiots asking questions was ridiculous. I only had it on because I thought it was the post-fight press conference in "Rocky V". Though it would have been a lot better if they asked the same questions as they did in the movie, instead of these softball questions your average 8 year old could answer.

Jerko
11-09-2005, 09:04 AM
I don't know what's worse; ESPN coming up with this idea, or that asstool Phillips taking it serioiusly and acting like he's really a GM. What a farce, and that's being nice.