PDA

View Full Version : Wally Joyner Steroids!

Madvora
11-08-2005, 04:03 PM
I guess there's an article in ESPN the magazine right now where Wally Joyner admits to using steriods during his career that he got from Ken Caminiti.
They just said this on an ESPN radio update.

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/2708/wj3tm.png

Madvora
11-08-2005, 04:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2217361

In 1998, major leaguer Wally Joyner asked fellow player Ken Caminiti to help him obtain steroids, and Caminiti supplied him with pills that Joyner ingested. Joyner says he regretted taking any of the pills and threw the rest away.

eriqjaffe
11-08-2005, 04:31 PM
...and his power numbers tanked starting in 1999. Sure, he was at the end of his career, but...

samram
11-08-2005, 04:32 PM
From the thread title, I thought he was introducing his own line of steroids.

veeter
11-08-2005, 04:35 PM
:redneck From the thread title, I thought he was introducing his own line of steroids.:redneck

MUsoxfan
11-08-2005, 04:57 PM
I just saw Trevor Hoffman on Rome is Burning. When asked who he looked up to and admired as a teammate during his tenure as a Padre, two names he mentioned were Joyner and Caminiti. I guess that 'roid rage is very motivating:cool:

Deadguy
11-08-2005, 05:02 PM
It'd be nice to know the names of all the players who did end up using steroids, but we'll never know the complete truth. I'm not surprised to hear of guys who were on their last legs using steroids out of desperation to hang on a bit longer, and maybe milk out an extra few million.

HotelWhiteSox
11-08-2005, 05:04 PM
I just saw Trevor Hoffman on Rome is Burning. When asked who he looked up to and admired as a teammate during his tenure as a Padre, two names he mentioned were Joyner and Caminiti. I guess that 'roid rage is very motivating:cool:

Maybe he got a hookup from them

SOXintheBURGH
11-08-2005, 05:10 PM
From the thread title, I thought he was introducing his own line of steroids.

:crossdresser
"I wouldn't be the man I am today without Wally Joyner Steroids! Thanks, Wally!"

Norberto7
11-08-2005, 11:11 PM
They had a little piece on SportsCenter about this. It basically said at the end of his career, he wrestled with the idea of trying steroids. He asked Caminiti about them, Caminiti gave him a number, he called, and later got a package from Caminiti. He took three pills over about a 3 week period then flushed them all down the toilet, said he felt guilty, etc.

Pretty much seems like a non-story.