PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with the Ozzie Plan?!?!?!

crazyozzie02
11-08-2005, 11:52 AM
I need some info quick. I am freaking out about all this lower level sold out stuff and i was wondering whats the deal with the Ozzie Plans. I know that they dont go on-sale until December now, but i want to get outfield seats for that plan. Does anyone know if i am still going to be able to get them? Does anyone know how much it costs for the outfield Ozzie Plan? I need help asap. I just dont have the money for even a split-season plan and i dont want to get screwed by single game tickets. Can anyone calm me down please. IM FREAKIN OUT!!!!!!! :(:

Colin

steff
11-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Stop freaking. The lower deck is not sold out. Wait until the Sox announce the OP is going on sale, then call. Sounds like sometime late December is when they will start selling them.

The Critic
11-08-2005, 12:23 PM
I'm guessing/hoping/praying that the Sox have allocated some sections of the lower level for Ozzie Plan options. If the Ozzie Plan is solely upper deck, I will pass on it.

ewokpelts
11-08-2005, 12:40 PM
ozzie plan will likely be upper deck only......they ar emore concerned with filling full/27 plans downstairs than accomodating ozzie customers(feed the big fish first)

Gene

ilsox7
11-08-2005, 12:42 PM
ozzie plan will likely be upper deck only......they ar emore concerned with filling full/27 plans downstairs than accomodating ozzie customers(feed the big fish first)

Gene

Makes sense. It's smart business. But I don't think that is official from the SOx yet.

Sad
11-08-2005, 12:49 PM

Gene

that's cool...
I'm targeting UD Box for my two Ozzie plans anyways...

Tekijawa
11-08-2005, 01:07 PM
that's cool...

I'm going to go ahead and guess that 95% of those will go to Season and splt season ticket holders so you might want to get in early on those!

Sad
11-08-2005, 01:18 PM
I'm going to go ahead and guess that 95% of those will go to Season and splt season ticket holders so you might want to get in early on those!

95% of UD Box gone as well?

hmmmmmm
maybe I'll be UD Rsvd then... whatever...
I plan on ordering them the first day I can

Tekijawa
11-08-2005, 01:20 PM
95% of UD Box gone as well?

hmmmmmm
maybe I'll be UD Rsvd then... whatever...
I plan on ordering them the first day I can

I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure that those would be the first to go once the lower bowl filled up. Not to mention the numerous people here who actually like those seats better than some of the lower views. I'm saying more along the lines of GET THOSE ORDERS IN as soon as they go on sale... The Sox tickets are WHITE HOT, this year! (That was really bad):D:

Palehose13
11-08-2005, 01:23 PM
that's cool...

Just curious, why get 2 Ozzie plans instead of the 27 game plan? Is it because of the fixed dates?

Tekijawa
11-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Just curious, why get 2 Ozzie plans instead of the 27 game plan? Is it because of the fixed dates? Good question... Especially since there is a guarantee with the 27 package of post season tix.

Palehose13
11-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Good question... Especially since there is a guarantee with the 27 package of post season tix.
That and fixed seat location, more perks, AND you can order it now.

Sad
11-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Just curious, why get 2 Ozzie plans instead of the 27 game plan? Is it because of the fixed dates?

yes that's exactly why...

I live in Michigan, so I prefer the one weekday-one weekend-one weekday game per homestand plan... that way I have a little in-between time...

Ill end up attending about 1 game of each homestand this year save for maybe 1 series... I'm hoping the Cubs games allow another May substitution, as I want it on one plan, but not the other...

kninchicago
11-08-2005, 01:32 PM
I would think the only reason would be to be able to get specific dates as opposed to locking yourself into the dates either split plan gives you. And you can pick weekends and weekdays.

I got the weekday package but might want to find someone who has the weekend to trade a few games.

doublem23
11-08-2005, 01:33 PM
That and fixed seat location, more perks, AND you can order it now.

And more potential play-off games; Ozzie Plan only guarantees you the ALDS, while a 27-game plan gives you a chance for all ALDS games, as well as 1 ALCS and 1 World Series game, IIRC.

Oh, and to answer the original poster's question, the Ozzie plan starts at $160/seat, but that price is also dependent on where you sit and what games you chose to attend.

Sad
11-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Good question... Especially since there is a guarantee with the 27 package of post season tix.

I realize this and expressed the same in my email to the Sox asking for a more flexible 27-game plan...

I'll buy a plan if it works for me... the two they currently offer do not. I don't want to buy tix for games that I cannot use, then have to hassle with selling them with postseason priveleges as the reward.

My suggestion to them was a plan where the fan could buy 1 game of every homestand... which is 1 game short of the 27-game partials they now offer...

Sad
11-08-2005, 01:49 PM
actually
now that I do the math-
I'm looking at buying 27 games anyways (2 tix each)
and 1 4-ticket game on top of that...
:o:

SOX need to offer a loyal, semi-long distance customer like me a deal :cool:

salty99
11-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Remember, Ozzie Plans DO NOT have guaranteed seat locations. It is best available for that game just like this past fall's grinder plan was.

Palehose13
11-08-2005, 02:12 PM
actually
now that I do the math-
I'm looking at buying 27 games anyways (2 tix each)
and 1 4-ticket game on top of that...
:o:

SOX need to offer a loyal, semi-long distance customer like me a deal :cool:

I agree with you, hell I spend more in gas now than I do in tickets and parking per game. However, I decided to go with the 27 game plan even though it is inflexible for:
1. More playoff ticket opportunities.
2. Possible opportunity to buy extra opening day tickets.
3. Fixed seat location that I picked (I like to be as close ot the field as possible, but last year with the Ozzie plan I tended to be row 20 or above).
4. Reduced parking.
5. Discounted Soxfest tickets.
6. All of the other "perks" the Ozzie plan doesn't get.

I'll probably end up selling (or exchanging) about 10 games, but it'll be worth it.

Sad
11-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Remember, Ozzie Plans DO NOT have guaranteed seat locations. It is best available for that game just like this past fall's grinder plan was.

yeah
they're guaranteed once they're assigned to the customer for that specific game...
they're just not always the same location from game to game

nevr say dye sox
11-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Why don't the Sox just taylor a season ticket plan for every individual person. How many different plans can they possibly offer. They can't please everybody. I think they sould keep the 27 game plans and dump the Ozzie plan and then they would have more tickets for walk up customers.

Palehose13
11-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Why don't the Sox just taylor a season ticket plan for every individual person. How many different plans can they possibly offer. They can't please everybody. I think they sould keep the 27 game plans and dump the Ozzie plan and then they would have more tickets for walk up customers.

:tealpolice:

BTW...Ozzie plan = Guaranteed money. Walk up = Gamble. I'm guessing the Sox would rather have the guaranteed money.

Sad
11-08-2005, 02:38 PM
I agree with you, hell I spend more in gas now than I do in tickets and parking per game. However, I decided to go with the 27 game plan even though it is inflexible for:
1. More playoff ticket opportunities.
2. Possible opportunity to buy extra opening day tickets.
3. Fixed seat location that I picked (I like to be as close ot the field as possible, but last year with the Ozzie plan I tended to be row 20 or above).
4. Reduced parking.
5. Discounted Soxfest tickets.
6. All of the other "perks" the Ozzie plan doesn't get.

I'll probably end up selling (or exchanging) about 10 games, but it'll be worth it.

Far out- I'm really glad :smile: you were able to make it work for you...

I want tickets for games I wish to attend.
For me, this is the primary intent of purchasing that many games in the first place.
Weekday games I go with a guy I work with from Canada, he's home on weekends
Weekends my wife or buddy as they cannot go weekdays.

I don't normally attend SOXFest, although I probably should.

I don't need more tickets for opening day.

The same seat every time... I'd prefer aisle with my size 14's...
but as long as I'm near the infield where 90% of the action is I'll cope...

Parking is usually paid for by whoever I go with as I already coughed up ca$h for the tickets
(except for the wife... she's exempt from this :rolleyes:)
A few Saturdays each summer we stay overnight in the city so I use public transportation.

Granted playoffs are a great perk. I realize I'll get ALDS then I'm on my own. This still doesn't entice me to purchase 27 games with the intent of using 13-17 of them, selling the others, then buying that many more singles for games I really wanted...