PDA

View Full Version : Life without Sean Lowe

duke of dorwood
12-15-2001, 10:35 PM
With the 3 pitchers gone, does this immediately put Kohlmeier in a prominent role in the pen?

Soxheads
12-15-2001, 10:40 PM
Let's just hope he has a season like Wunsch did in '00.

Jerry_Manuel
12-15-2001, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
With the 3 pitchers gone, does this immediately put Kohlmeier in a prominent role in the pen?

I'll be shocked if he makes the team.

1. Buehrle
2. Glover
3. Garland
4. Parque
5. Ritchie
6. Howry
7. Foulke
8. Osuna
9. Wunsch
10. Barcelo
11. Biddle
12. Wright

And that's if the Sox carry 12 pitchers.

duke of dorwood
12-15-2001, 10:55 PM
If they keep 11, who goes?

Jerry_Manuel
12-15-2001, 10:57 PM

I would think Wright.

sox_fan_forever
12-15-2001, 10:58 PM

I guess that will be decided at spring training.

duke of dorwood
12-15-2001, 11:00 PM
Wright, since they obviously want him starting games. With all the days off at the start that would make sense. If sense is what they want.

Daver
12-15-2001, 11:16 PM

Kohlmeier throws salad,I have no idea why the Sox ever claimed him.

MattSharp
12-16-2001, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

8. Osuna
9. Wunsch

Do you really think these two will make the team? I didn't even think about Osuna, but Wunsh did't pitch as well this year as last.

CLR01
12-16-2001, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by MattSharp

Do you really think these two will make the team? I didn't even think about Osuna, but Wunsh did't pitch as well this year as last.

Wasn't he hurt?

Daver
12-16-2001, 02:56 AM

He was part of the Nardi regimen;
:nardi
I have yet to meet a pitcher I can't kill

oldcomiskey
12-16-2001, 08:20 AM
Kelly was hurt a year ago and if anybody goes I hope its Biddle and his funky ass sideburns

OfficerKarkovice
12-16-2001, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
Kelly was hurt a year ago and if anybody goes I hope its Biddle and his funky ass sideburns

Daver is not going to like that one...I think people underestimate Rock...he has really good stuff and always goes balls to the wall. You never have to worry about him going to war out there like we did with Kip. I think he is going to help us a lot in the future.

GASHWOUND
12-16-2001, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice

Daver is not going to like that one...I think people underestimate Rock...he has really good stuff and always goes balls to the wall. You never have to worry about him going to war out there like we did with Kip. I think he is going to help us a lot in the future.

I agree, Rock wasn't ALL that bad last year. He had a bunch of 'quality' starts in 2001. He has to stay out of the big innng, but if you think about it, if the Sox would've scored some rns for him he could've had 10 wins, at least.
And hey, if he wants to have "funky sideburns," thats fine with me. He could have a frow for all I care, just gve us a chance to win, which he did for us.

PANFIRECRACKER
12-17-2001, 02:22 PM
anyone recall the extent of biddle's surgery? expected recovery?

Daver
12-17-2001, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by PANFIRECRACKER
anyone recall the extent of biddle's surgery? expected recovery?

He is supposed to be ready for ST.

AsInWreck
12-17-2001, 05:28 PM

There's no way short of injury that these 2 won't be on roster/wunsch is the only lefty lined up for the bullpen, last year he was pitching injured and
Osuna was signed to hefty contract through '03 and if he is healthy should be set up man to foulke and unless howry's arm comes back to life-osuna was very successful w/ dodgers and should return to form/ reports were that he looked best of all the sox' rehabilatating arms