PDA

View Full Version : Another Option if PK Leaves

socko82
11-07-2005, 07:42 PM
I've seen the names of Delgado, Thome, Sweeney and Overbay floated on this board, but another name KW might consider is Adam Dunn. The Reds were reportedly at least listening to offers last summer. He's do a huge raise in arbitration but I think he's still 2 years away from free agency. Any thoughts?

Deuce
11-07-2005, 07:57 PM
Isn't Dunn the NL's all-time single-season strikeout king? Don't get me wrong, his HR and RBI stats are great, but geez does he strike out a ton. Still, if he actually had runners in scoring position (like he would with the Sox and does not with the Reds), his numbers would be even higher. Doesn't matter though, since the Reds aren't likely to trade him. If Griffey gets traded, they are going to rely on Dunn to get the big runs in, just like they do when Griffey is injured.

Deuce

ATXBMX
11-07-2005, 08:12 PM
*cough* .248 career average *cough*

We already have Adam Dunn, his name is Joe Borchard.

munchman33
11-07-2005, 08:14 PM
*cough* .248 career average *cough*

We already have Adam Dunn, his name is Joe Borchard.

Your assertion makes you look like a joke. No way does Borchard come close to Dunn.

Clembasbal
11-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Your assertion makes you look like a joke. No way does Borchard come close to Dunn.

I think his comparison is decent, there are a ton of K's and a low average, but Dunn definately has power and walks a ton.

At any rate, I don't want him on the team. He is a bad base clogger.

munchman33
11-07-2005, 09:26 PM
I think his comparison is decent, there are a ton of K's and a low average, but Dunn definately has power and walks a ton.

You guys are nuts. In just the last two seasons, Dunn has hit 86 homers and walked 222 times! This guy is a 3 hole hitter, despite his K's.

Joe Borchard has twelve major league homers. *****.

MarySwiss
11-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Arrrggghhhh! Slap!

TomSkilling
11-07-2005, 09:53 PM
I don't know if I'd call Dunn a bad base clogger. THe guy has stolen 19 bases before and was quoted at the beginning of the year saying that he was going to steal more than 20. Yeah he only bagged 4 this year, but he's got the ability to do more than that. Either way, I wouldn't want to see that horse coming at me to break up a double play...

The same cannot be said for Konerko, who really does clog the base paths.

BP had Dunn pegged as the chosen one a few years ago, so we definitely need him and his .240 avg to win another championship.

JUribe1989
11-07-2005, 11:16 PM
I feel a good option is to acquire JT Snow and use the extra money to sign members of the pitching staff to longer deals. I still believe Gload can be a good hitter as he was in 2004 in a few years.

Deuce
11-07-2005, 11:28 PM
I feel a good option is to acquire JT Snow and use the extra money to sign members of the pitching staff to longer deals. I still believe Gload can be a good hitter as he was in 2004 in a few years.

You want to replace a 30/100 hitter with an aged 4/40 hitter? We'll go from winning one run games to losing 1-0. We need power. Pitching can only keep us in the game. We still have to score runs to win (and to take the pressure off the pitchers, now and then).

Deuce

CLR01
11-08-2005, 02:10 AM
You want to replace a 30/100 hitter with an aged 4/40 hitter? We'll go from winning one run games to losing 1-0. We need power. Pitching can only keep us in the game. We still have to score runs to win (and to take the pressure off the pitchers, now and then).

Deuce

I wonder if we could work a trade for Griffey?

ATXBMX
11-08-2005, 02:43 AM

:?:

Chill out, I don't understand how my opinion makes me a joke, especially since I'm not starting these trade threads every other hour.

I was simply pointing out a shocking statistic before anyone got their hopes up.

Domeshot17
11-08-2005, 03:39 AM
What you see with dunn on the reds is my guess of what you see with Dunn on the White Sox. GABP is one of the best hitting parks in baseball. So his numbers shouldnt change much. The reds did score a lot of runs, they just gave up a lot more as well. I like Dunn, Seems like a good club house guy. He was my wildcard along with Jason Bay off Pitt to be Kenny williams suprise move, because Pitt needs depth in young talent, and cincinatti should be much easier to bargain with now that the new ownership has taken over making less people to get in the way.

munchman33
11-08-2005, 07:04 AM

Chill out, I don't understand how my opinion makes me a joke, especially since I'm not starting these trade threads every other hour.

I was simply pointing out a shocking statistic before anyone got their hopes up.

No. Read my other post. Calling Adam Dunn Joe Borchard is simply offensive to him and makes you look like a complete idiot.

MisterB
11-08-2005, 11:37 AM

Here's a shocking statistic: Joe Borchard's ML batting average is .191

Dunn can hit ML pitching, Borchard can't. End of comparison.

ATXBMX
11-08-2005, 03:52 PM
No. Read my other post. Calling Adam Dunn Joe Borchard is simply offensive to him and makes you look like a complete idiot.

I'm so sorry I offended Adam Dunn.

That still doesn't give you the right to call me names, I never said anything to offend you.

SouthSoxFan
11-08-2005, 04:17 PM
If you're going that direction, Mientkiewicz would be a better choice. Better hitter, fielder, younger and healthier. And not that much more $ than Snow.

Regardless, if we don't replace Konerko with a power bat we're going to turn into the '05 Twins pretty quickly.

eriqjaffe
11-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Regardless, if we don't replace Konerko with a power bat we're going to turn into the '05 Twins pretty quickly.Maybe Batgirl will like us then!

Optipessimism
11-08-2005, 04:40 PM
Regardless, if we don't replace Konerko with a power bat we're going to turn into the '05 Twins pretty quickly.

No way. No 2B/3B/OF/DH offensive woes, no injury prone catcher, no 1B prospect underperforming, and most importantly no Joe Mays or Kyle Lohse.

If this team were to let PK walk, keep the rest of the team together, and then trade for someone like Overbay or sign a platoon option for Ross Gload, IMO we still finish 2nd at worst in the AL Central and contend for the wildcard.