PDA

View Full Version : Lower Level Season Tickets: Sold Out!

Hangar18
11-07-2005, 03:41 PM
I was getting information on renewing for next season, and was told that
the lower level bowl is sold out for 2006. Isnt that awesome? It certainly means this ............. JR cannot say there is no $$$$$$$$$ for salaries.

Anyone else find this out also?

Dolly
11-07-2005, 03:47 PM
That certainly doesn't surprise me with the number of new season ticket orders placed. I heard Brooks Boyer in an interview shortly after the ALCS, and he said they had 80,000 (no, that's no typo) requests for full-season packages.

TheOldRoman
11-07-2005, 03:49 PM
*shakes head*
OK, Hangar, I will take the bait. Why in the world would you think JR would say there is no money for salaries? Its not like there is a recent history of payroll going up considerably the last few offseasons. Oh, and it's not like Reinsdorf ever reinvested profits from one year into the next.

bafiarocks03
11-07-2005, 03:50 PM
wait wait wait..hold up..does this mean that for like every game of the entire season...so people who don't have seaseon tickets..can never get tickets! someone explain!

Dolly
11-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Take a deep breath! :smile: You can get tickets, it will just be harder. They don't sell every seat to season ticket holders.

LongLiveFisk
11-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Take a deep breath! :smile: You can get tickets, it will just be harder. They don't sell every seat to season ticket holders.

As we speak Cub fans are trying to figure out what they can say to us now. If their attendance argument falls through, they're screwed! :tongue:

Hangar18
11-07-2005, 03:56 PM

YES. If you try to become a season ticket holder, you wont be able to become one (lower bowl anyway) I think that is awesome news. Wouldnt this be only the 2nd time this has happened? (1984 the other time?)

IlliniSox4Life
11-07-2005, 03:56 PM
Hopefully this means there will be an excess number of tickets from season ticket holders who cant make it to the games on ebay, meaning i can get there relatively cheaply.

If only.....

Dolly
11-07-2005, 04:01 PM
Hopefully this means there will be an excess number of tickets from season ticket holders who cant make it to the games on ebay, meaning i can get there relatively cheaply.

If only.....

There's always the White Sox ticket exchange too. I'd try that before ebay... although it might be only for season ticket holders, I'm not sure. Anyone?

soxfanreggie
11-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Even if you can't get lower bowl seats, I believe one of the best places to watch the game is behind home plate. You have a great view of the awesome jumbotron and a good view of the whole field. Plus, if we still have one of the two half-priced upper deck ticket days, it is pretty darn cheap. As for other seats, I'm sure you can get cheap e-bay tickets from a season ticket holder that isn't planning on going to all the games or get them from ticket master. Might not be able to get them at the door of the game that quick, but who knows.

MadetoOrta
11-07-2005, 04:03 PM
What it likely means is the %$@* ticket brokers will own most of the lower deck meaning be prepared to pay a premium for Sox tickets next year. :angry: This is, however, the price of success.:smile:

Jerko
11-07-2005, 04:05 PM
wait wait wait..hold up..does this mean that for like every game of the entire season...so people who don't have seaseon tickets..can never get tickets! someone explain!

You can get tickets, just not within hugging range of Willie!!!!

Randar68
11-07-2005, 04:06 PM
the lower level bowl is sold out for 2006. Isnt that awesome? It certainly means this ............. JR cannot say there is no $$$$$$$$$ for salaries.

If only it really meant that you weren't allowed to make silly posts about how cheap JR is and how he will undoubtedly screw the fans by not raising the payroll despite having done so in each of the last 4 or 5 seasons...

Tekijawa
11-07-2005, 04:06 PM
What does this mean for the Ozzie plans? I know a few people were waiting to get in on those... Will they just limit the dates more?

SoxFan76
11-07-2005, 04:08 PM
...I like the UD better anyways...am I alone?

shoelessjoe90
11-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Will people still be able to get tickets off stubhub.com? :gulp:

Tekijawa
11-07-2005, 04:11 PM

I would imagine that most of the Good seats in the upperdeck are also gone... Just a hunch but you're not the only one who prefers the upperdeck, especially behind home plate...

LongLiveFisk
11-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Here's a dumb question but I'll ask since I never see it mentioned anywhere: can you buy a season BLEACHERS ticket? :D:

cheeses_h_rice
11-07-2005, 04:13 PM
When the ticket brokers and scalpers don't pay the remaining 50% of the balance due, because they only wanted guaranteed 2005 postseason tickets, I would expect some of these seats to go back on the market.

IlliniSox4Life

It's not as bad as people think sometimes, but I would prefer if UD tickets could get access to the lower deck. Mainly just for batting practice.

Ol' No. 2
There's always the White Sox ticket exchange too. I'd try that before ebay... although it might be only for season ticket holders, I'm not sure. Anyone?Anyone can buy from the ticket exchange. Only ST holders can sell.

Tekijawa
11-07-2005, 04:14 PM
I'll have to admit I was slightly dissappointed with my row 18 tickets but Now I couldn't be much happier... It will be nice not to have to sit next to some guy in a Cubs Jersey that gave Ronnie Woo Woo his other ticket... Just tried and True White Sox fans!

Dolly
11-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Here's a dumb question but I'll ask since I never see it mentioned anywhere: can you buy a season BLEACHERS ticket? :D:

Yep... I have split season bleacher tickets.

SoxFan76
11-07-2005, 04:15 PM
It's not as bad as people think sometimes, but I would prefer if UD tickets could get access to the lower deck. Mainly just for batting practice.

It's no steeper than any of the other modern upper decks, and you get a great view of the entire field. I like it mostly for the fans though. My experiences in the lower deck have been...well...boring. It's all older folks. I will never question the fact that they are fans, they just tend to be quieter. I like to get crazy at games. Yes, I'm that guy. So I like the upper deck where it's a lot of younger/college kids who will get crazy, sing, and cheer right along with me.

Oh yeah, and more fans better learn all the words to the fight song. I don't want to be the only one singing.

bafiarocks03
11-07-2005, 04:16 PM
You can get tickets, just not within hugging range of Willie!!!!

Well that sucks!! i hate this..

SoxFan78
11-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Nothing wrong with the upper deck at all. I have row 1 tickets in the upper deck on the 3rd base line and they are great! You can see all the action and no vendors blocking your view.

The only drawback is that there are no cupholders in the first row.

Dolly
11-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Anyone can buy from the ticket exchange. Only ST holders can sell.

OK.... I knew it was listed as one of the "perks" of being a ST holder, but it didn't really make sense to me that only ST holders would have access to it. Thanks.

SouthSide_HitMen
11-07-2005, 04:21 PM
When the ticket brokers and scalpers don't pay the remaining 50% of the balance due, because they only wanted guaranteed 2005 postseason tickets, I would expect some of these seats to go back on the market.

I don't see this happening. They will be able to sell 16 games at a premium (Opening Day, Cubs, St. Louis, Houston, Boston and New York) and many of the others at face or better (June, July and August) and can donate the rest to get a tax write off or sell them under face for the few games they can find no buyers. Plus they have the right to purchase playoff tickets in 2006.

Their 50% deposit is a sunk cost. I don't see scalpers / brokers thinking White Sox tickets - especially Lower Deck tickets - are not worth $0.50 on the dollar.

http://images.usatoday.com/money/_photos/2004/09/15/ceo-villains-potter-wonderf.jpg

I'll buy your season tickets at $0.50 on the dollar.

I think a handful of people will not be able to pay the other 50% (maybe bankrupt, unemployed, move, etc.) but that is it.

Dolly
11-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Oh yeah, and more fans better learn all the words to the fight song. I don't want to be the only one singing.

I always sing the fight song!!! And I taught the words to my students too (who LOVE it, by the way!), so we'll have a whole new generation of people belting it out in the stands!!! Gotta love it!!!

The Dude
11-07-2005, 04:24 PM

If you have full season uppers, you can have access to the LD.

Scotty347
11-07-2005, 04:25 PM
I just don't buy it that the lower deck is sold out for 2006. They may be waiting on more locations to be released for Season Tickets, but I can't imagine they have sold the whole thing.

On another note, they are now again accepting online deposits for Season Tickets at WhiteSox.com. See the 2006 Season Ticket Deposit Form (https://secure.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/sth/deposit_form.jsp)

FWIW, the Premium Lower Box and Premium Club Level are not listed as available on this page. All other sections remain.

cheeses_h_rice
11-07-2005, 04:26 PM
I don't see this happening. They will be able to sell 16 games at a premium (Opening Day, Cubs, St. Louis, Houston, Boston and New York) and many of the others at face or better (June, July and August) and can donate the rest to get a tax write off or sell them under face for the few games they can find no buyers. Plus they have the right to purchase playoff tickets in 2006.

Their 50% deposit is a sunk cost. I don't see scalpers / brokers thinking White Sox tickets - especially Lower Deck tickets - are not worth $0.50 on the dollar.

http://images.usatoday.com/money/_photos/2004/09/15/ceo-villains-potter-wonderf.jpg

I think a handful of people will not be able to pay the other 50% (maybe bankrupt, unemployed, move, etc.) but that is it.

Yeah, you're probably right. There are always marquee interleague games, the Cub games, etc. that those scum can make their filthy lucre off of.

Norberto7
11-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Even if you can't get lower bowl seats, I believe one of the best places to watch the game is behind home plate.

I concur. I would much rather sit in the upper deck behind home plate than in the bleachers.

Ol' No. 2
11-07-2005, 04:34 PM

I think a handful of people will not be able to pay the other 50% (maybe bankrupt, unemployed, move, etc.) but that is it.I believe people are grossly overestimating the number of brokers who did this. Most of the tickets on broker sites were there well before this offer was made. If you do the math, the cheapest ST plan was $952 for upper reserved. On top of that, they had to buy the WS tickets. Recouping their investment would not be that easy since there were only two home WS games, and demand for upper reserved tickets during the season is low. And that's assuming they were able to sell the WS tickets at all. Brokers ate a lot of tickets. Overall, it would have been a bad investment, and I doubt many brokers went that way when they already had lots of tickets on hand that they were trying to sell.

Hitmen77
11-07-2005, 04:39 PM
so, any guesses on the number of season ticket holders at this point? The number I kept hearing during the season was "12,000 ST holders". I'm sure that's jumped.

Maybe it's a dumb question to ask since some people have full STs, some have split STs and some have Ozzie Plans so it's not as simple as coming up with a single number.

34 Inch Stick
11-07-2005, 04:51 PM
A couple of knowledgeable people here have said 16,000, which would not be sufficient to sell out the lower deck.

Corlose 15
11-07-2005, 04:52 PM
I was of the opinion that there were only a 10,000 or so White Sox fans. Lousy bandwagoners.

My question is has this World Series championship finally brought back the fans who refused to return to the park after the strike and white flag trade?

Also, does this mean it would be wise to buy single game tickets ASAP?

JohnBasedowYoda
11-07-2005, 04:59 PM
I just don't buy it that the lower deck is sold out for 2006. They may be waiting on more locations to be released for Season Tickets, but I can't imagine they have sold the whole thing.

On another note, they are now again accepting online deposits for Season Tickets at WhiteSox.com. See the 2006 Season Ticket Deposit Form (https://secure.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/sth/deposit_form.jsp)

FWIW, the Premium Lower Box and Premium Club Level are not listed as available on this page. All other sections remain.

I'm with you on this one.

Hangar took off his tinfoil hat agian!

CHIsoxNation
11-07-2005, 05:00 PM
I was of the opinion that there were only a 10,000 or so White Sox fans. Lousy bandwagoners.

My question is has this World Series championship finally brought back the fans who refused to return to the park after the strike and white flag trade?

Also, does this mean it would be wise to buy single game tickets ASAP?

Are single games even available yet? I didn't think they were. I better get on the ball here and get my split season this week. Geez.

BRDSR
11-07-2005, 05:00 PM
A couple of knowledgeable people here have said 16,000, which would not be sufficient to sell out the lower deck.

Alright. I didn't think this needed to be said, but it clearly does. When the White Sox say they've sold all their season tickets for the lower bowl, they mean that they've sold all the tickets that they've allocated for season tickets in the lower bowl. Even if there was the interest, which there might be, they weren't going to sell 25,000 season tickets and make it impossible for non-season ticket holders to sit in the lower bowl for the entire season.

Ol' No. 2
11-07-2005, 05:01 PM
A couple of knowledgeable people here have said 16,000, which would not be sufficient to sell out the lower deck.They don't sell them all to ST holders. They hold back tickets for VIP's who want them. But the lower bowl holds 29,000, and I didn't think they held back that many. Something doesn't sound quite right, here.

soxfanreggie
11-07-2005, 05:02 PM
Single game tickets go on sale January 27th...a Friday...boy am I lucky I don't have class because I'm going to look to get tickets to 4-5 games before August (hopefully ring day, Sox/Cubs game, a Twins game for my roommate's b-day, a Cards game for me and my bro-in-law, etc.). Then, start saving up for playoff tickets for next year :cool:

Blob
11-07-2005, 05:20 PM

Someone hit the record player, the record is skipping again!

steff
11-07-2005, 05:27 PM
I'm with you on this one.

And you're right. As usual... he is misleading with his crap postings.

jdm2662
11-07-2005, 05:33 PM
I doubt the entire lower bowl is sold out. I can buy that the ST that were allocated for the lower bowl are gone. I remember when the Cubs capped their season ticket holders at 29,000 so they still could sell single game tickets. The Bulls capped their number too during their run. All I know is, it's going to be much harder to get a ticket next season. As long as I can score opening day tickets, I will be happy...

JohnBasedowYoda
11-07-2005, 05:35 PM
And you're right. As usual... he is misleading with his crap postings.

who's being misleading? hangar or scotty347?

Soxfanspcu11
11-07-2005, 06:02 PM
If you have full season uppers, you can have access to the LD.

This may not be true for '06. As I posted in an earlier thread, I was told that they may change this for '06. I was just going to buy uppers and move to the lower with the season tickets, but I decided to pay the extra money for bleachers in case they decided to change this officially.

kjkobs
11-07-2005, 06:05 PM
This may not be true for '06. As I posted in an earlier thread, I was told that they may change this for '06. I was just going to buy uppers and move to the lower with the season tickets, but I decided to pay the extra money for bleachers in case they decided to change this officially.

When this was the policy, how did it work? Did they give wristbands or something to season UDers to let them access the LD?

downstairs
11-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Nothing wrong with the upper deck at all.

One major problem... and I am hoping they relax the rules this year...

No Bullpen Bar...

Sometimes I love to tailgate, other times I just like to hang out at the bar...

Hangar18
11-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Alright. I didn't think this needed to be said, but it clearly does. When the White Sox say they've sold all their season tickets for the lower bowl, they mean that they've sold all the tickets that they've allocated for season tickets in the lower bowl. Even if there was the interest, which there might be, they weren't going to sell 25,000 season tickets and make it impossible for non-season ticket holders to sit in the lower bowl for the entire season.

What he said .........

SouthSide_HitMen
11-07-2005, 06:07 PM
I believe people are grossly overestimating the number of brokers who did this. Most of the tickets on broker sites were there well before this offer was made. If you do the math, the cheapest ST plan was $952 for upper reserved. On top of that, they had to buy the WS tickets. Recouping their investment would not be that easy since there were only two home WS games, and demand for upper reserved tickets during the season is low. And that's assuming they were able to sell the WS tickets at all. Brokers ate a lot of tickets. Overall, it would have been a bad investment, and I doubt many brokers went that way when they already had lots of tickets on hand that they were trying to sell.

I agree the White Sox probably did not sign up many ticket broker applications during World Series week. Most of the "legitimate" brokers already have season tickets in the lower bowl.

I disagree with the theory brokers lost money on the World Series tickets. I was there for all the games and active in searching for tickets the entire month of October. Here were the general prices for actual completed transactions (not pie in the sky requests for 20 Xs face).

Keep in mind the White Sox had the same offer (2006 Season Tickets scored you 2005 Playoff tickets) throughout the playoffs but White Sox Army did not reach panic mode (i.e. the reported 80,000 requests) until the week after the AL Pennant was won.

ALDS - Around Twice face value before the final day of the season (when Boston was named our opponent). Tickets increased to 2 - 4 xs face value after that game.

ALCS - Once the Yankees were eliminated on Monday, ticket prices plummeted. People were paying 4 times face + but you could have scored tickets the day of game for face - double face.

World Series - Generally seats sold for $800 - $1200 for even singles in the Upper Deck and or OF / Corners seats downstairs. Very good seats sold for in the thousands. When my Season Ticket request was processed late Thursday night (for Upper Deck Box seats) I received bleacher tickets for the World Series which was surprising (though the RF and CF warning track were obstructed due to the fan deck which were probably why they were still available. Anyone who bought the 2006 package with plans to scalp received their deposit back at minimum for the first two games.

I just think the White Sox mainly processed tickets from fans in the area which is your assumption. Orders from California or Texas or other places where it was obvious these were not White Sox fans - only people looking to make a buck, were tossed.

Since the White Sox couldn't legally scalp their tickets (didn't set up shop like the Cubs) this was the next best thing. They locked in increased revenue int he offseason and even if they only keep a fraction of the 2006 season ticket orders completed in October (for 2007 and beyond) they are still ahead of the game.

Kudos again to the White Sox for rewarding (mostly) die hard fans, increasing their season ticket base and preparing to reclaim Chicago again. This franchise was worth the same amount as the Cubs until the late 1990s and there is no reason for it not to be worth as much or more down the line. The Cubs are down to praying they can keep Wrigley Field open - the main reason they are worth anything at this point - which is why the Tribune will probably sell out at somepoint knowing the Schaumburg Cubs are worth a fraction of the current team.

downstairs
11-07-2005, 06:15 PM
One thing everyone needs to remember here...

When it comes to regular season games, its easy to find face value on good seats at StubHub, Ebay, or whatever...

I'm a huge Elvis fan and got Elvis Night tix (this has always sold out, even in bad years)... like 7 days before the game for $30/ticket... lower bowl.

And that was a hot ticket while they were playing real well...

Don't fret... if you want to go to a game, you'll be able to find a seat in the section you want for no more than a few bucks over face...

Viva Medias B's
11-07-2005, 06:36 PM
I bet the current season ticket holder renewal rate is between 98 to 100 percent. Now, I am currently in the renewal process with my split account.

Hitmen77
11-07-2005, 07:03 PM
One major problem... and I am hoping they relax the rules this year...

No Bullpen Bar...

Sometimes I love to tailgate, other times I just like to hang out at the bar...

You can access the Bullpen Bar with Upper Deck seats. You don't have to go into the lower deck concourse to access the bar - so anyone can go there.

Sox35th
11-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Don’t worry there will still be tickets!! I just can’t see all these people who jumped on the bandwagon being around all of next year. But, it is great to see TRUE Sox fans getting season tickets….not those people that showed up only for the playoffs. (I would rather see 14,000 true Sox fans then a full house of bandwagon fans!!)

Also, I was at the Cell today getting my tickets set for next season and my rep said they still have 27-game ticket plans available in the 100 level (sec 115-149-150-152-158-159)

Also, those of you driving to the game..…parking is going up to $18 in 2006

One question that I have……..dose anyone know if the beer prices will be going up in 2006??

--Go Sox

Brian26
11-07-2005, 07:21 PM
parking is going up to $18 in 2006

Wow. That's pretty steep for one game. I feel fortunate to be able to go to the games for $3.75 roundtrip on the El.

kjkobs
11-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Wow. That's pretty steep for one game. I feel fortunate to be able to go to the games for $3.75 roundtrip on the El.

Thankfully it will only be a $1 raise from this year.

reef
11-07-2005, 07:36 PM
I just got off the phone with my rep. and he said that there are 45-50 club level seats remaining and a "handful" of seats down the first and third base line. He felt very confident the lower section between the foul poles would be completely sold out before new years. He mentioned nothing about hodling tickets back. Should be a great atmosphere for all games next year.

JohnBasedowYoda
11-07-2005, 07:47 PM
actually it doesn't even make sense that they have an alloted amount of seats for season tix.

i think if they were to have a dude walk up, willing to spend 2k on seat all year they'll do that as opposed to the possibility of not selling that seat for every game.

companies love guaranteed money

doublem23
11-07-2005, 07:51 PM
What it likely means is the %$@* ticket brokers will own most of the lower deck meaning be prepared to pay a premium for Sox tickets next year. :angry: This is, however, the price of success.:smile:

I'm sure they're going to take you to the cleaners for a Wednesday afternnon Royals game.

JohnBasedowYoda
11-07-2005, 08:07 PM
I'm sure they're going to take you to the cleaners for a Wednesday afternnon Royals game.

think they'll jack the prices up for the hot chocolate? that stuff is a bargain on the cold/rainy april games!

IlliniSox4Life
11-07-2005, 08:08 PM
actually it doesn't even make sense that they have an alloted amount of seats for season tix.

i think if they were to have a dude walk up, willing to spend 2k on seat all year they'll do that as opposed to the possibility of not selling that seat for every game.

companies love guaranteed money

However, the average fan can't spend 2k on a seat at once, at least I know I can't. If they adopted a policy that led to average joe not being able to go to a game, they would drop in popularity, which means less people to buy merchandise, both at the stadium and through other locations.

JohnBasedowYoda
11-07-2005, 08:14 PM
However, the average fan can't spend 2k on a seat at once, at least I know I can't. If they adopted a policy that led to average joe not being able to go to a game, they would drop in popularity, which means less people to buy merchandise, both at the stadium and through other locations.

true, i'm just thinking that they'd rather have a guaranteed purchase.
However there are other teams that you have to basically have season ticketes to go see. Most football teams, wrawng sawx, cubbies...etc. it's impossible to get individual game tickets to those teams, no?

believe me i love how it was the past couple of years. get a bunch of people, go down to the cell and get some good seats. all the planning ahead involved with season tickets is enough to drive me bonkers

LongLiveFisk
11-07-2005, 08:21 PM
think they'll jack the prices up for the hot chocolate? that stuff is a bargain on the cold/rainy april games!

No, because only non-drinkers like me will buy it anyway....as far as I can tell the drinkers still want the cold beer even if it's 20 degrees outside.

Oh I just forgot....the beer warms them up. :tongue: :rolleyes:

JohnBasedowYoda
11-07-2005, 08:25 PM
No, because only non-drinkers like me will buy it anyway....as far as I can tell the drinkers still want the cold beer even if it's 20 degrees outside.

you also forgot

"da beers taste better when you ween"

lostletters
11-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Luckily I know two season ticket holders next year I can use as a source. But this is good news, I guess all it did take was a world series to bring the sox fans back.

DannyCaterFan
11-07-2005, 09:17 PM
I am a returning 27 game season ticket holder right behind home plate in 531, row 4. I have been there for the past 6 years. Does anyone know if invoices have been sent out yet for next year? They are usually sent out by now. I fully expect to be able to keep my seats.

rwcescato
11-07-2005, 09:22 PM

This probaly means thare for full season packages. That would be between 3rd and 1st base on the infield. I can't believe all the other tickets are sold out.

SouthSide_HitMen
11-07-2005, 09:42 PM

Official White Sox Press Release

Date: November 31, 2005

Hot Chocolate

Due to the overwhelming demand in season tickets we expect thousands more fans during April and May in addition to the near or full sell outs we have experienced for many games in the summer.

Therefore we announce three tiered pricing for hot chocolate effective in 2006.

May 19 - 21 - Cubs pricing - $8.00. Any White Sox fan who presents a ticket stub for a game in April or May will receive a $3.00 discount on their hot chocolate purchase. We want to soak Cub fans and this is the fairest way we could think of.

April and May games including Opening Day & All Playoff / World Series Games - $4.00 - It's cold. You are cold. You are thirsty. You know you want it. We have it for $4.00. Take advantage of our $6.00 Churros Y Chocolate special throughout the ballpark.

Summer Pricing - $3.00. Churros Y Chocolate special $5.00. Children want their sugar buzz / fix and so does the kid inside of you. Buy our hot chocolate at a very special price.

Season ticket holders can purchase a full season of hot chocolate for $350 (ID required). Hot chocolate is of course free in the scouting seats section.

http://www.restaurantes.emol.com/man/images_articulo/20_76656.jpg

chisoxfan83
11-07-2005, 09:49 PM
I am a returning 27 game season ticket holder right behind home plate in 531, row 4. I have been there for the past 6 years. Does anyone know if invoices have been sent out yet for next year? They are usually sent out by now. I fully expect to be able to keep my seats.

i have not received my invoice yet either. I have been signing in to see if it has posted in my account, i did not check tonite but will. If anything is different i will let you know. They posted my playoff one in there well before it came in the mail.

Deuce
11-07-2005, 09:52 PM
No, but it stays cold longer :wink:

dakuda
11-07-2005, 09:57 PM
i have not received my invoice yet either. I have been signing in to see if it has posted in my account, i did not check tonite but will. If anything is different i will let you know. They posted my playoff one in there well before it came in the mail.

I didn't even get an account number, but the deposit has already gone through. I guess I'll wait on a letter or something. Left a message with the rep, so I can check the online stuff, but don't anticipate a call for a while.

Frankfan4life
11-07-2005, 10:06 PM
I just got off the phone with my rep. and he said that there are 45-50 club level seats remaining and a "handful" of seats down the first and third base line. He felt very confident the lower section between the foul poles would be completely sold out before new years. He mentioned nothing about hodling tickets back. Should be a great atmosphere for all games next year.Looks like no one bothered to welcome you to WSI, so I guess I'll have to do it. :welcome: to WSI, reef.

I was hoping to get the Ozzie plan for Christmas. Now, I'm worried that they might be sold out by then. :(:

First, no playoff tickets, then no Sox Fest tickets, and now no Ozzie plan? :whiner:

chisoxmike
11-07-2005, 10:27 PM
WHEW!!!! Wow, I bought my Hit & Run plan today and got tickets in 148. Just in time.

Dolly
11-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Official White Sox Press Release

Date: November 31, 2005

Hot Chocolate

Due to the overwhelming demand in season tickets we expect thousands more fans during April and May in addition to the near or full sell outs we have experienced for many games in the summer.

Therefore we announce three tiered pricing for hot chocolate effective in 2006.

May 19 - 21 - Cubs pricing - $8.00. Any White Sox fan who presents a ticket stub for a game in April or May will receive a $3.00 discount on their hot chocolate purchase. We want to soak Cub fans and this is the fairest way we could think of.

April and May games including Opening Day & All Playoff / World Series Games - $4.00 - It's cold. You are cold. You are thirsty. You know you want it. We have it for $4.00. Take advantage of our $6.00 Churros Y Chocolate special throughout the ballpark.

Summer Pricing - $3.00. Churros Y Chocolate special $5.00. Children want their sugar buzz / fix and so does the kid inside of you. Buy our hot chocolate at a very special price.

Season ticket holders can purchase a full season of hot chocolate for $350 (ID required). Hot chocolate is of course free in the scouting seats section.

http://www.restaurantes.emol.com/man/images_articulo/20_76656.jpg

:roflmao:

The Dude
11-07-2005, 10:47 PM

That would be such BS if they dont allow this for 06. That is the reason I bought UD in case I needed to go downstairs to meet friends, etc. I mean the damn rule is to keep drunken fools out of the lower bowl, but now UD season ticket holders cant be trusted to behave themselves downstairs??:angry::angry::angry:

Dolly
11-07-2005, 11:19 PM

Yes, I believe I got mine about a month ago. The first deposit of 10% was due Oct. 21st. Second deposit of 40% is due Dec. 1st or 2nd. I would contact my ticket rep ASAP if I were you, lest they think you don't want to renew and give your seat location away.

TheOldRoman
11-08-2005, 12:03 AM
That would be such BS if they dont allow this for 06. That is the reason I bought UD in case I needed to go downstairs to meet friends, etc. I mean the damn rule is to keep drunken fools out of the lower bowl, but now UD season ticket holders cant be trusted to behave themselves downstairs??:angry::angry::angry:
Once again, it wasn't all about keeping the drunks upstairs. The lower deck cannot support many more people than it has seats for. Countless people always came down from the upperdeck, clogging up the concourse and the bathrooms. Season ticket holders in the lowerdeck complained about it, which is why they changed the rules.
Most games next year are going to be much more packed than this year. There will be more UD season ticket holders that possibly want to go downstairs. I am not a season ticket holder, but at sold out games, it used to be hard getting around with all the extra people there. I don't understand why people just cant sit in the seats they bought. If I am not mistaken, you arent allowed to lower levels at the UC or Soldier Field with an upper deck ticket.

Also, did you buy full season tickets or partial? I may be wrong on this, but I remember hearing that the lower deck access was only for full season ticket holders.

Dolly
11-08-2005, 12:15 AM
Also, did you buy full season tickets or partial? I may be wrong on this, but I remember hearing that the lower deck access was only for full season ticket holders.

I have a split season package in the LD... however, I know that if I buy a single game ticket in the UD for another day, I can go to guest relations and have the back of it stamped to go downstairs (except for big games like Sox-Cubs). Maybe if my season tix were UD it would be different, but I don't think so. They never even asked me for an account number or anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they stop that practice for 2006, or at least got stricter with it.

The Dude
11-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Once again, it wasn't all about keeping the drunks upstairs. The lower deck cannot support many more people than it has seats for. Countless people always came down from the upperdeck, clogging up the concourse and the bathrooms. Season ticket holders in the lowerdeck complained about it, which is why they changed the rules.
Most games next year are going to be much more packed than this year. There will be more UD season ticket holders that possibly want to go downstairs. I am not a season ticket holder, but at sold out games, it used to be hard getting around with all the extra people there. I don't understand why people just cant sit in the seats they bought. If I am not mistaken, you arent allowed to lower levels at the UC or Soldier Field with an upper deck ticket.

Well for Soldier Field, you are mistaken...not sure about UC. At Soldier Field, besides club level, you can access it all. I dont buy the bathroom bull**** for a minute. With the amount of full season UD ticket holders that actually venture down and find an open seat will be very slim with the lower bowl filling up as it appears to be.

And yes I did buy full season tickets in UD with the intent of being able to have access to the LD or UD if I were to meet up with friends/go to the big gift shop/ access the fan deck, etc.

And again, the reason isnt about sitting in seats people bought...its having full access to the main parts of the park. I will have no problem and intend on sitting in the seats I bought during the game. It's the feeling of not being able to roam and congregate before the game that would be a bunch of bull**** if I committed to a full season of tickets.

What's next..an inferiority complex theory about UD towards LD full season ticket holders??

TheOldRoman
11-08-2005, 01:02 AM
Well for Soldier Field, you are mistaken...not sure about UC. At Soldier Field, besides club level, you can access it all. I dont buy the bathroom bull**** for a minute. With the amount of full season UD ticket holders that actually venture down and find an open seat will be very slim with the lower bowl filling up as it appears to be.

And yes I did buy full season tickets in UD with the intent of being able to have access to the LD or UD if I were to meet up with friends/go to the big gift shop/ access the fan deck, etc.

And again, the reason isnt about sitting in seats people bought...its having full access to the main parts of the park. I will have no problem and intend on sitting in the seats I bought during the game. It's the feeling of not being able to roam and congregate before the game that would be a bunch of bull**** if I committed to a full season of tickets.

What's next..an inferiority complex theory about UD towards LD full season ticket holders??

Well, the bathroom and the concourse are big things cited in the past that season ticket holders had a problem with. Obviously, it isn't bad since they have restricted normal upper deck season ticket holders. I don't know for sure whether or not they are taking away the right of UD season ticket holders from going downstairs. It is a rumor that someone mentioned here. I don't think the problem would be UD people going down there to find seats, I think most would venture down there just to stand on the concourse because so many still hate the views from the upper deck. From what people said on here, there were maybe a thousand empty seats in the upperdeck for the playoff games in 2000 because people with those tickets stood around the outfield concourse.

I understand going downstairs to get to the Fandeck and giftshops. When I have upperdeck seats, I regret that I can't see the Hall of Fame giftshop and visit Nancy, but I live with it. We are in the same boat. My previous comment wasn't directed at you. My pet peave is the people who buy the cheapest tickets available with the intent of sneaking downstairs and sitting in the best seats available. I dont think that was too much of a problem the last two years, but they may reconsider it with several thousand more UD season ticket holders this year. The ideal situation would be to give every full access before and after the game, but it would be impossible to check everyone's tickets and get them back to their designated seats by first pitch. I don't think restricting people to the upperdeck is a good policy, but I just dont see any way around it.

Soxfanspcu11
11-08-2005, 01:54 AM
I was the one who originally responded to The Dude about upperdeck season ticket holders not being allowed in the lower deck and basically if anyone wants to know for sure, I would just suggest calling your rep and seeing what the deal is.

The reason I mentioned it was because I was originally planning on buying 2 upper deck reserved season tickets because the price was something like $957 a ticket, which would be much more affordable to me. Whenever I go to games, me and the person I go with never sit down. If we do happen to sit, it is only because we find a good spot on the fan deck, but we never sit in anyone's seats, whether they are there or not.

It's mine and my friend's personal preference to stand throughout the entire game. I have trouble sitting down for more than an inning and I hate making people get up when I am constantly leaving and coming back. Plus me and my friends are smokers so we stand out on the rightfield concourse and watch the game (sure it can wear your legs out after awhile, but it's actually pretty fun!). Plus it does have the pleasant upside that you don't have anyone standing up in front of you so you get to watch every pitch without distraction.

Anyway, I asked my rep about UD season ticket holders having access to the lower deck for this exact reason. She told me that, "in years past they have allowed it yes, but '06 could be different". I asked why that was the case and she told me that "we are expecting a much larger number of season ticket holders and with the increased numbers, we need to review the policy". I then asked so does this mean if I buy UD season tickets I WILL NOT have LD access? And she said "I don't know, I don't have that information now". She went on to tell me that if I wanted I could wait and call back at a "later date" to see if they had updates. I thought about it for a bit but ultimately decided that I didn't want to wait (and now I'm glad I didn't) so I purchased 2 bleacher tickets for $1500 a piece. Yeah I know it's about a thousand dollars more total, but I love the lower concourse and just want to MAKE SURE I have access to it.

Again, my apologizes to The Dude and anyone else if I made it seem like it was a for sure deal or anything, but I was just going off what I was told.

Truth be told, it might have just been a sales pitch by my rep to get me to spend an extra grand but I really have no clue. Nothing against the UD, I have sat up there many times but I just don't want to be "stuck" up there without the many amenities of the LD.

SaltyPretzel
11-08-2005, 07:06 AM
I wonder where the Sox intend to display the World Series trophy. If they have it in the lower deck Hall-of-Fame, the policy will probably be a major issue because everyone in the park will want to see it.

Seriously, the Sox should address the bathroom situation at the park. There just aren't enough men's bathrooms. There are more seats in the lower deck than originally planned anyway. During the playoffs, I found myself going up to the upper deck since it was faster to go up there and back as opposed to waiting downstairs.

I hope they also address the situation in the parking lot. Two portables in each lot aren't enough. They should consider permanent facilities.

doublem23
11-08-2005, 07:36 AM
One thing I really wish the Sox would do is offer a more "college-friendly" season ticket plan; I don't mean price, but time-wise. I probably am missing something, but the plans offered online right now (https://secure.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/sth/deposit_form.jsp) all rope you into time-specific games. I'm not going to be home until mid-May and then I'll have to come back to this hellhole known as Peoria in late August, meaning there's potentially 3-4 games I'd not be able to make it to even with the Ozzie Plan.

Eh, maybe this is me just bitching for the sake of bitching now that I can't complain about the product on the field. I just wish there was a way I could guarantee some summer games without having to go through individually purchasing all the tickets for the games.

Hopefully I'll be living back in Chicago for good come the '07 season so this will be moot. Though, at $160 per seat to start, I might just do the Ozzie Plan anyway and take my chances with selling those unusable tickets to friends/family, at the Ticket Exchange, or here at WSI. I can't seem to find a link to deposits for the Ozzie Plan, are they not taking them right now or I am that dense to miss the link?

Hitmen77
11-08-2005, 07:48 AM
One thing I really wish the Sox would do is offer a more "college-friendly" season ticket plan; I don't mean price, but time-wise. I probably am missing something, but the plans offered online right now (https://secure.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/sth/deposit_form.jsp) all rope you into time-specific games.

I have a similar "complaint". I'm disappointed that the split season plans only offer weekend-only games or weekday-only games. I would find it alot easier to consider a 27 game package if I could split weekday and weekend games.

It might not matter to them now in terms of selling season tickets now that we've won the World Series and there's plenty of demand for tickets. But, their current either/or structure must have cost them some partial season ticket sales pre-2006.

Sad
11-08-2005, 07:53 AM
I have a similar "complaint". I'm disappointed that the split season plans only offer weekend-only games or weekday-only games. I would find it alot easier to consider a 27 game package if I could split weekday and weekend games.

It might not matter to them now in terms of selling season tickets now that we've won the World Series and there's plenty of demand for tickets. But, their current either/or structure must have cost them some partial season ticket sales pre-2006.

I emailed the White Sox re: this... haven't heard back yet & probably won't
I want to buy a partial-season 27-game plan but those 2 they offer do not work for me...

SoxFan78
11-08-2005, 09:14 AM

Lower deck access was allowed with split and full season ticket holders. I hope they still allow UD season ticket holders with LD access. We have shown that we support the team by supporting our team with money up front, we should be able to enjoy all parts of the stadium.

Maybe they can revise the plan and say for games that are high traffic games (cubs/sox) that UD ticket holders must stay in the UD. But for early games vs. KC and Detroit, it makes no sense.

FoulkeFan
11-08-2005, 09:19 AM

They discontinued the plan that I had from 1995-1997 which was Tuesday/Friday/Sunday. They also had one at that time which was Wed/Thurs/Sat which they also discontinued. I loved my plan because I never had 2 games in a row (so I got to see all of the opponents) and I still got my Friday nights and Sunday afternoon games which are my favorites. I assume that they didn't have enough demand for these but I can't understand why anyone would want all weekdays or all weekends.

IUSOXFAN
11-08-2005, 10:14 AM
hey can someone give me advice on which section to pick the 27 game package?

the best they have is section 110 in lower box, so I opted for lower reserve.
got section 103 row 16, but they had seats in all of the sections down there.

Is one better then the other? Can you see the jumbotron from these seats?

doublem23
11-08-2005, 11:08 AM
103 is in fair territory in right field. You can see the main Jumbotron, but you'll have to turn around. Great seats though. 110 is real nice, good spot for foul balls, just on the corner in RF where the park turns around the right foul pole; you'll be able to see the JumboTron from there, too.

As far as I've come to know, the only real bad spots for seeing the scoreboards are the 4 sections closest to the new batter's eye; 100, 101, 163, and 164. Everything else is solid.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/cws_ballpark_seating.jsp

EDIT... Just looking at this new price/seating model, did they change the way they're doing the Upper Deck? According to this colors, now the chunk around home plate is Upper Box and the spots down the lines are Upper Reserve, whereas before the first rows were Box and the last rows were reserve. Is this just a typo or is this the new way they're doing it, because if so, sweet... The first rows in the Upper Deck are great seats, IMO, and it's be nice to score them for cheap because they're a bit down the line. And what the hell is Premium Upper Box?

:?:

batmanZoSo
11-08-2005, 11:16 AM

I like it better too. Of course I'd rather sit behind the plate in the lower bowl, but since I don't have those season tickets, that's not an option. Other than that the best place to sit is behind the infield in the upper deck in my opinion. I love it up there. I like the view, the way the ball carries and the roof. It's good times up there. And cheap too. I once saw the Sox play Minnesota on a Monday for like 6 bucks.

C-Dawg
11-08-2005, 11:16 AM
I can't seem to find a link to deposits for the Ozzie Plan, are they not taking them right now or I am that dense to miss the link?

Those probably wont be available until January, if its anything like 2005 (and even 2005 was a lot earlier than previous years).

I had the Ozzie last year and had some great seats! Most were in the OF corners but I like that area anyway; my new favorite seats are Row 8 or whatever it is, first row above the Sox' bullpen, in Sec. 158.

BainesHOF
11-08-2005, 11:21 AM
For what it's worth, my 27-game plan was the third-of-a-season plan that is no longer being offered. It contained all weekday games and was the least popular plan. I couldn't understand why they would do away with my plan while still splitting the seats into two other thirds.

I think I finally figured it out. I think they're laying the groundwork to eventually up the partial plans to 40 and 41 games. It's just a guess, but I believe a good one.

Sad
11-08-2005, 11:22 AM
EDIT... Just looking at this new price/seating model, did they change the way they're doing the Upper Deck? According to this colors, now the chunk around home plate is Upper Box and the spots down the lines are Upper Reserve, whereas before the first rows were Box and the last rows were reserve. Is this just a typo or is this the new way they're doing it, because if so, sweet... The first rows in the Upper Deck are great seats, IMO, and it's be nice to score them for cheap because they're a bit down the line. And what the hell is Premium Upper Box?

:?:

this UD price restructuring occured after the 2004 season

voodoochile
11-08-2005, 11:22 AM
One thing I really wish the Sox would do is offer a more "college-friendly" season ticket plan; I don't mean price, but time-wise. I probably am missing something, but the plans offered online right now (https://secure.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/sth/deposit_form.jsp) all rope you into time-specific games. I'm not going to be home until mid-May and then I'll have to come back to this hellhole known as Peoria in late August, meaning there's potentially 3-4 games I'd not be able to make it to even with the Ozzie Plan.

Eh, maybe this is me just bitching for the sake of bitching now that I can't complain about the product on the field. I just wish there was a way I could guarantee some summer games without having to go through individually purchasing all the tickets for the games.

Hopefully I'll be living back in Chicago for good come the '07 season so this will be moot. Though, at $160 per seat to start, I might just do the Ozzie Plan anyway and take my chances with selling those unusable tickets to friends/family, at the Ticket Exchange, or here at WSI. I can't seem to find a link to deposits for the Ozzie Plan, are they not taking them right now or I am that dense to miss the link?

Any games you miss you can exchange for one of the games that is an exchange date. I don't know if you can "pre-exchange" (trade in a ticket you won't be using in the future) but any you miss before you get home you can trade in.

At least that is how it used to be. I don't know if they will be able to do that this season if the park starts to fill up most nights.

SoxFan78
11-08-2005, 11:32 AM
Any games you miss you can exchange for one of the games that is an exchange date. I don't know if you can "pre-exchange" (trade in a ticket you won't be using in the future) but any you miss before you get home you can trade in.

You cannot exchange unused tickets for future games. You have to wait until after the game is played, then you can send in your tickets to the game you want to exchange them for.

steff
11-08-2005, 12:19 PM
WHEW!!!! Wow, I bought my Hit & Run plan today and got tickets in 148. Just in time.

How on earth is that possible...?? Henry said they were sold out. :rolleyes:

Seriously.. congrats Mike.

And BTW for those asking.. anyone with a season ticket package is allowed LD access.

Rocky Soprano
11-08-2005, 12:24 PM
How on earth is that possible...?? Henry said they were sold out. :rolleyes:

Henry posted wrong info? I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT! THERE IS NO WAY HENRY IS WRONG!

MiamiSpartan
11-08-2005, 12:27 PM
I've gotten so many e-mails from my cub fan friends talking about how the cubs will still outdraw the Sox this next year...
I responded that while they might be able to wear t-shirts that say "Chicago attendance champs", we get to wear shirts that say WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!

bayzbol44
11-08-2005, 12:48 PM
IF you have Ozzie Plan tix, do you get access to the lower deck, if you have UD tickets? How do they allow this for season ticket holders? Is it the look of the ticket that allows them in?

Palehose13
11-08-2005, 12:56 PM
IF you have Ozzie Plan tix, do you get access to the lower deck, if you have UD tickets? How do they allow this for season ticket holders? Is it the look of the ticket that allows them in?

I had the Ozzie plan last year, but I was LD. I was in the UD for the ALDS and I was able to go to Customer Relations behind home plate in the UD, get the back of my ticket stamped, and then go down to the UD. However, there has been some rumor about not doing that for next year.

Deuce
11-08-2005, 01:02 PM
:tomatoaward

This is the last tomato award, as the Sox have sold out of them for the 2006 season. :redneck

SouthSide_HitMen
11-08-2005, 02:19 PM
For what it's worth, my 27-game plan was the third-of-a-season plan that is no longer being offered. It contained all weekday games and was the least popular plan. I couldn't understand why they would do away with my plan while still splitting the seats into two other thirds.

I think I finally figured it out. I think they're laying the groundwork to eventually up the partial plans to 40 and 41 games. It's just a guess, but I believe a good one.

I think the issue is if you have 3 sets of 27 game ticket plans up to 1/3 can be screwed each playoff round with no playoff game. The White Sox can only promise 2 home games per round. It would make sense to offer two split season plans but I think a majority of fans like attending certain games (say a family who can only make it on weekends due to work) or weekdays (people who go out of town on many weekends). It would be hard to add the 14 extra games to people who are used to purchasing the 27 game plans which have been around since the old ballpark (I formerly had weekend tickets there). Yes you might be able to do it this offseason (sell enough packages with the extra games added) but I don't think the club will want to alienate long time holders of these packages by making them purchase an extra 14 seat allotment.

I looked at what other clubs are doing.

The Red Sox & Cubs had no season ticket information so I assume few if any new seats are available (Cubs site had phone number for waiting list). The Yankees have a full, 60, 46 and other number of games for purchase. 46 and up guarantee you postseason tickets for all games.

On the other extreme you have the Brewers. They have 4 20 game plans. Check out the full and partial season ticket perks:

Full Season

Free tickets in a suite for one game. Full Season Ticket accounts will receive double the amount of suite tickets as they hold on their season ticket plan to a maximum of 8.
1. Opportunity to take Batting Practice at Miller Park (4 or more seats=2 participants, 3 seats or less=1 participant).
http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/images/trans.gif
2. Receive a $25 food & beverage voucher for each seat owned.
And for those who do not mind sitting in the upper deck:

SPECIAL FULL SEASON OPTION FOR 2006
(Maximum of 8 seats per account)
Terrace Ticket Treat - Buy 2 seats in a Full Season Ticket Package and Get 2 seats free!
For $1,296 you can get 4 seats in the Terrace Reserved for every Brewers home game. That’s only $4 per ticket! The regular cost for 4 seats/game in the Terrace Reserved is $48, a savings of $32 a game. This offer is available in the Terrace Reserved for Full Season Packages only (not available in partial plans).

Terrace Reserved
4 Seats http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/images/trans.gifFull Price $3,888 http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/images/trans.gifTerrace Ticket Treat Price $1,296

I'll still take the White Sox package with playoff possibilities (though Dayn Perry said the White Sox were out and Milwaukee in for 2006).

salty99
11-08-2005, 02:50 PM
The Reds also offer the batting practice option for full season ticket holders. How awesome would that be to take even 1 swing inside the cage.

whitesoxwin
11-08-2005, 03:17 PM
this UD price restructuring occured after the 2004 season

One thing about the 27 game "Hit & Run" Plan:
1) Parking package (red permit) is on the North Side of 35th now--according to my Rep, they are getting rid of the "Green" coupons. No more permit parking (well, at least he hasn't heard) in "H" lot --lot boardered by 37th St on the south. All 27 Game (split season) parking will be with "Red" coupons.

Palehose13
11-08-2005, 03:25 PM
One thing about the 27 game "Hit & Run" Plan:
1) Parking package (red permit) is on the North Side of 35th now--according to my Rep, they are getting rid of the "Green" coupons. No more permit parking (well, at least he hasn't heard) in "H" lot --lot boardered by 37th St on the south. All 27 Game (split season) parking will be with "Red" coupons.

Sweeeeeet. Close to my seats and then close to Jimbo's. :cool:

steff
11-08-2005, 03:36 PM
I had the Ozzie plan last year, but I was LD. I was in the UD for the ALDS and I was able to go to Customer Relations behind home plate in the UD, get the back of my ticket stamped, and then go down to the UD. However, there has been some rumor about not doing that for next year.

From where...?

Palehose13
11-08-2005, 03:43 PM
From where...?

Here. That's why I said rumor. If it's not in this thread it is in one of the other ones.

Soxfanspcu11
11-08-2005, 03:56 PM
Here. That's why I said rumor. If it's not in this thread it is in one of the other ones.

It's in this thread, look at my last post, prior to this one.

steff
11-08-2005, 04:04 PM

As I suspected. Which is why I'm glad I listen to the Sox. :D:

Dolly
11-08-2005, 04:06 PM
The Reds also offer the batting practice option for full season ticket holders. How awesome would that be to take even 1 swing inside the cage.

You call it awesome.... I would call it embarrassing, as thousands of people would then get to watch me whiff. :redface: That's really cool that they offer that opportunity though.

Palehose13
11-08-2005, 04:07 PM

It's doesn't concern me, so I haven't spoken to my rep directly about it. However, whoever posted the rumor about the 27 game plan getting red parking passes...I sure hope that one is true. :cool:

Soxfanspcu11
11-08-2005, 04:16 PM

If you got that info from a rep recently that it would be done in 06, then I am happy for all the UD holders that get to go to the LD if they choose. Again, I was just saying what I was told, and I was told that by a rep with the Sox, I didnt hear it just anywhere, there is a base to it, I wasn't just starting random rumors.

steff
11-08-2005, 04:20 PM
It's doesn't concern me, so I haven't spoken to my rep directly about it. However, whoever posted the rumor about the 27 game plan getting red parking passes...I sure hope that one is true. :cool:

They are pretty lax with the parking passes. We buy extras for people that go to games with us and aren't able to drive together and regardless of what color they are we always all park in B.

steff
11-08-2005, 04:21 PM
If you got that info from a rep recently that it would be done in 06, then I am happy for all the UD holders that get to go to the LD if they choose. Again, I was just saying what I was told, and I was told that by a rep with the Sox, I didnt hear it just anywhere, there is a base to it, I wasn't just starting random rumors.

It's been that way forever. Not saying you spread BS.. but I don't think the person that told you that knows what they are talking about.

Jerko
11-08-2005, 04:23 PM
It's been that way forever. Not saying you spread BS.. but I don't think the person that told you that knows what they are talking about.

I don't really care one way or another, but this coming year is gonna be JUST a little different from what we're used to. I would not be surprised to see a new set of rules and regulations before next season starts.

Palehose13
11-08-2005, 04:24 PM
They are pretty lax with the parking passes. We buy extras for people that go to games with us and aren't able to drive together and regardless of what color they are we always all park in B.

Sweet. Looks like I'll be in B next year. That way Jim won't have to drive me to my car at midnight cause I'm parked in BFE. :wink:

whitesoxwin
11-08-2005, 04:32 PM

Hope this is true?
Why?
"H" lot is out for the former "Green" passes.
At least, that's what my rep emailed me.
Parking passes will be "Red" this season and have to park on the north side of the park (across 35th St.)
Another bummer for those of us who have spent a lot of years (at least for me the last 10 years) parking in "H" lot.
Especially, as the Wife & I go to the Stadium Club after most games.
Makes for a longer walk around the park and across 35th St after the game.
Another bummer (and as most of you have experienced) is getting an email back from your Rep--much less a phone call.
Seems like the 27 gamers have been quite a "core" of the Sox fan base.
Too bad the Sox are not treating us as such.
Most of my friends, who have been long time split season holders, choose the 27 game plans for the convenience.
Most had to "somehow" contact their "former" personal account reps for invoices, as most did not get mailed (I don't know why?). Most couldn't even --email or phone--through to their Reps and had to go through another rep (via the ticket office) to answer any of their questions.
One of my ticket "friends" even went to the Cell to get his info.
If you talk to your (I know..good luck!) voice your oppinion about the "Green" passes and "H" lot.
Again, good luck!!

steff
11-08-2005, 04:33 PM
I don't really care one way or another, but this coming year is gonna be JUST a little different from what we're used to. I would not be surprised to see a new set of rules and regulations before next season starts.

What the UD season ticket holders are used to is having free roam of the LD.. that's not changing.

steff
11-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Sweet. Looks like I'll be in B next year. That way Jim won't have to drive me to my car at midnight cause I'm parked in BFE. :wink:

LMAO!!!

Palehose13
11-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Hope this is true?
Why?

1. My seats are in 151 which is an easy in and out to gate 5 which is in Lot B. 2. Sometimes, I also like to go to Jimbo's after the game. Most times I was in lot F and that is a bit farther than Lot B from Jimbo's.

JohnBasedowYoda
11-08-2005, 08:10 PM
1. My seats are in 151 which is an easy in and out to gate 5 which is in Lot B. 2. Sometimes, I also like to go to Jimbo's after the game. Most times I was in lot F and that is a bit farther than Lot B from Jimbo's.

:offtopic:

How long can you leave your car in the lot after a game? Sometimes after a game we'll be in the lot having a few cold ones and they rush us out. Other times not so much. Will they tow your car after a certain time?

Palehose13
11-08-2005, 08:12 PM
:offtopic:

How long can you leave your car in the lot after a game? Sometimes after a game we'll be in the lot having a few cold ones and they rush us out. Other times not so much. Will they tow your car after a certain time?

I've been told 2 hours (by steff and Jim). There have been times that I have pushed it to 3 hours and wasn't towed.

JohnBasedowYoda
11-08-2005, 08:13 PM
I've been told 2 hours (by steff and Jim). There have been times that I have pushed it to 3 hours and wasn't towed.

cool beans

chisoxfanatic
11-08-2005, 09:51 PM
I purchased my Hit and Run season ticket package yesterday afternoon.

My seat is in Section 149, Row 10, Seat 6!

chisoxmike
11-08-2005, 10:54 PM
I purchased my Hit and Run season ticket package yesterday afternoon.

My seat is in Section 149, Row 10, Seat 6!
Hey neighbor. I'll bring Mitchs cowbell.:D:

SouthSide_HitMen
11-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Hey neighbor. I'll bring Mitchs cowbell.:D:

Some great links

http://www.geekspeakweekly.com/cowbell/data_search.pl

Cowbell Database

ACDC - Thunderstruck
BOC - Don't Fear the Reaper

And over 100 other songs.

SNL -

http://homepage.mac.com/kellydean/Music/iMovieTheater34.html

Christopher Walken - One of the best ever.

Jerko
11-09-2005, 09:27 AM

At least 2 hours, because that's how long it takes to clear out the stadium club sometimes. It's not the car in the lot that bothers them, it's you drinking by your car in the lot and not spending money inside the park that they're trying to cut down on. We tailgated once this year on a Saturday and were shagged out as soon as we got back to our car. A few years back, we stayed out there till 1 or 2 A.M. I think ever since their ill fated "tailgate tent" they just want you out there before the game now, not during or after.

Note: I just got an "out of office" reply from my ticket guy. He's not really out of the office, he's just too busy to return emails, but he did say the Ozzie plans are not on sale yet. So, Ozzie plan people, be patient, it's coming.

Dolly
11-09-2005, 11:12 AM
I've never been towed from the lot, but there was one time that the gates were locked by the time I made it back to my car. I had to drive on the grass to get out! :redface:

billnahorodny
11-09-2005, 11:28 AM
I've never been towed from the lot, but there was one time that the gates were locked by the time I made it back to my car. I had to drive on the grass to get out! :redface:

You're not the only one...same thing happened to me!

ewokpelts
11-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Hope this is true?
Why?
"H" lot is out for the former "Green" passes.
At least, that's what my rep emailed me.
Parking passes will be "Red" this season and have to park on the north side of the park (across 35th St.)
Another bummer for those of us who have spent a lot of years (at least for me the last 10 years) parking in "H" lot.
Especially, as the Wife & I go to the Stadium Club after most games.
Makes for a longer walk around the park and across 35th St after the game.
Another bummer (and as most of you have experienced) is getting an email back from your Rep--much less a phone call.
Seems like the 27 gamers have been quite a "core" of the Sox fan base.
Too bad the Sox are not treating us as such.
Most of my friends, who have been long time split season holders, choose the 27 game plans for the convenience.
Most had to "somehow" contact their "former" personal account reps for invoices, as most did not get mailed (I don't know why?). Most couldn't even --email or phone--through to their Reps and had to go through another rep (via the ticket office) to answer any of their questions.
One of my ticket "friends" even went to the Cell to get his info.
If you talk to your (I know..good luck!) voice your oppinion about the "Green" passes and "H" lot.
Again, good luck!!i dont know about you, but i get super-de-duper service from my rep, and i'm a 27 game holder....
Gene

Tekijawa
11-09-2005, 04:41 PM
i dont know about you, but i get super-de-duper service from my rep, and i'm a 27 game holder....
Gene

My Guy, Greg, has been very accomidating... They have been busy, so you have to understand that they don't have the ability everytime to speak with us. Not only is he taking care of his customers but he is also taking orders for other people too! Take everything into perspective... These tickets are hot now, once everything dies down it will return to normal.

mandmandm
11-09-2005, 04:59 PM
My guy finally got back to me today. He said their goal for 2006 is to have 19,000-20,000 season tickets with three 27 game plans counting as one full season ticket. Tickets in the lower bowl should be tight next year.

tacosalbarojas
11-09-2005, 05:08 PM
i dont know about you, but i get super-de-duper service from my rep, and i'm a 27 game holder....
GeneSame here, also a 27 game holder, but as with everything else, it depends on who you have. The first rep I had for the first two years I had tix, I wasn't as happy with. My current guy is outstanding in terms of being attentive to his customer.

The Dude
11-09-2005, 05:13 PM
Same here, also a 27 game holder, but as with everything else, it depends on who you have. The first rep I had for the first two years I had tix, I wasn't as happy with. My current guy is outstanding in terms of being attentive to his customer.

I'd love to get something like an email that confirmed my order a couple weeks ago. I believe they charged my card, but it would be nice to get something in writing or mail.

dpbyron
11-09-2005, 05:35 PM

:o:

jabrch
11-09-2005, 06:34 PM
My guy finally got back to me today. He said their goal for 2006 is to have 19,000-20,000 season tickets with three 27 game plans counting as one full season ticket. Tickets in the lower bowl should be tight next year.

That's AWESOME.

That would 1.6mm sold before single game tickets even get put up. And that's without Ozzie plans which I think are going to be an amazingly hot seller.

dakuda
11-09-2005, 08:11 PM
I'd love to get something like an email that confirmed my order a couple weeks ago. I believe they charged my card, but it would be nice to get something in writing or mail.

I've been kind of waiting on something other then the line item on my bank statement as well. I just figure that they are too busy at the moment???

Ol' No. 2
11-09-2005, 08:17 PM
You are sooooo wrong....think of it like this. The cheapest ST is $952, so $1904 for the season. Then you add $1120 for WS tickets (1/2 of which you got back. That means that you had to shell out $2464 for WS and 81 games in 2006. The tickets that they gave out for the WS were fantastic and most where in the bleachers (I got 2 in Section 164, Row 5!!). These seats were selling for $2000/pair. You do the math, Sell 4 tickets to 2 WS games for $4000, paid $2464. With 81 games to go, they have already made $1500. So basically even if they sell the entire 81 game season for half price (which they wont), they will make over $2500 PROFIT.

BTW, Brokers, would have bought 20 Season Tickets if it wasnt soooo much money up front. As the papers said, these were "Golden Tickets"!Don't confuse asking prices for actual sale prices. Tickets in those sections were available for a lot less than $2000 a pair, especially if you waited. Chances are good they would have barely made back their initial investment...IF they were able to sell them at all. Lots of tickets went unsold or for bargain basement prices at the last minute. Lots. If it was such a good deal, brokers would have been all over them.

Soxfanspcu11
11-09-2005, 10:27 PM

If they charged your card, your all good, you just have to pay the rest. They will send you the rest of the invoice in December, around mid-December and thats when you send the rest of the money.

chisoxfanatic
11-09-2005, 10:42 PM
If they charged your card, your all good, you just have to pay the rest. They will send you the rest of the invoice in December, around mid-December and thats when you send the rest of the money.

According to my ticket rep Kurt, you don't get charged for the final balance until January. Invoices should go out in the mail in a couple of weeks.

Soxfanspcu11
11-09-2005, 11:12 PM
According to my ticket rep Kurt, you don't get charged for the final balance until January. Invoices should go out in the mail in a couple of weeks.

I was charged the minute the order was placed. I did this like a week ago and of course I put down the 50% deposit. It has showed up on my credit-card and it is non-refundable. If for some reason I can't come up with the other $1900, I have to eat the money, or so I was told by Stephanie. That's the whole point of a deposit I guess, "good-faith" money if you will.

I don't know exactly, I don't know all the logistics, maybe a long time season ticket holder could explain it better. This is only the second time I have had season tickets, the first time was a partial season in '97.

But the point is, if you put your 50% deposit in, then you are all good, the seats are yours and your set, that is of course unless you don't pay the other 50%. The invoices are supposed to go out early to mid December, so that's when you lock them up "100%", as opposed to 50% or whatever. Lol, sorry if thats confusing but I think you can understand what I'm saying.

itsnotrequired
11-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Mt rep told me that UD season ticket holders (split and full) would have access to the LD next season. This was a couple of weeks ago so things may be changing...

As far as visiting the LD goes, I'm really only interested in it for BP. I like walking around the concourse, checking out the statues, etc. when there aren't many people around. Come game time, I'll be back in my seat.

DaBears
11-10-2005, 12:20 PM
Don't confuse asking prices for actual sale prices. Tickets in those sections were available for a lot less than $2000 a pair, especially if you waited. Chances are good they would have barely made back their initial investment...IF they were able to sell them at all. Lots of tickets went unsold or for bargain basement prices at the last minute. Lots. If it was such a good deal, brokers would have been all over them.

Unless you sold on Friday, any lowers were going for $2000 a pair. This was asking price and sale price. I already had a pair for Game 1 from TM, so I sold my ST ones' on Friday (when I found out that I had them for sure, and the seat location). I sold them for $1750, although I had plenty of offers for $1800+. Sold them for less, cuz the guy was a die hard and was without any problems. Brokers would not wait until the last minute, because prices were going to go down. They all made out quite well on this venture.

Cat Thief
11-10-2005, 01:37 PM
I sold them for $1750, although I had plenty of offers for $1800+. Sold them for less, cuz the guy was a die hard and was without any problems.

Such a nice guy.

This is probably not the place where you would want to let people know you screwed other Sox fans.

DaBears
11-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Such a nice guy.

This is probably not the place where you would want to let people know you screwed other Sox fans.

I apologize for not having an endless supply of money. I didnt screw anyone, the guy was willing to pay that, and it was cheaper than others were offering. I had to do what I had to do. I got to go to all the playoff games and I have season tickets for next year. I am only out $2000 for a pair of tickets. No way I couldve afforded $5000 for tickets as a recent college grad!

itsnotrequired
11-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Such a nice guy.

He didn't screw him! He gave him $50 off because he was a diehard! Ultimate respect for a fellow Sox fan...

:rolleyes:

voodoochile
11-10-2005, 01:55 PM
He didn't screw him! He gave him $50 off because he was a diehard! Ultimate respect for a fellow Sox fan...

:rolleyes:

At least he sold it to a Sox fan. I mean, why do we judge people for taking their crack at the pie? How many people offered face value playoff tickets on these forums so everyone who wanted to could go?

What the Market will bear... it's the cornerstone of our economic system. No, you cannot sell here for above face value, that simply means if you want to sell for scalpers prices, do it elsewhere.

Beware the high horses some of you are riding on...:rolleyes:

anewman35
11-10-2005, 02:02 PM
At least he sold it to a Sox fan. I mean, why do we judge people for taking their crack at the pie? How many people offered face value playoff tickets on these forums so everyone who wanted to could go?

What the Market will bear... it's the cornerstone of our economic system. No, you cannot sell here for above face value, that simply means if you want to sell for scalpers prices, do it elsewhere.

I have to agree. Just because the ticket sold above face value doesn't mean anybody screwed anybody else. If both people are happy with the transaction, what's wrong with somebody making some extra money because they were lucky or because they had more than they needed?

The economics major in me thinks it would honestly be a good idea if ALL tickets were sold at a price consistant with demand. The poor fan in me, of course, would hate that idea.

SouthSideSoxFan
11-10-2005, 02:03 PM
Such a nice guy.

That's more than a bit harsh! If anything, charging someone under the market price because they're a Sox fan sounds generous to me.

You might not like that there's a market for tickets where there is more demand than supply. This may not be the best place to debate free market capitalism vs. central-controlled collective systems.

SoxFan78
11-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Lets put it this way. If any of you guys got extra world series tickets you didnt need, would you sell it for face or over face?

I have a feeling that a lot of members of this board (myself included) would sell the extra tickets for a profit.

itsnotrequired
11-10-2005, 02:12 PM

Beware the high horses some of you are riding on...:rolleyes:

I'm not on any high horse. The buyer was willing to pay what the guy offered which I have no problem with. What I do have a problem with is that he already had tickets to the game because of his season ticket package yet got more through TM for the purpose of selling for profit (an assumption by me, of course). Those are tickets that another diehard could have bought for face value. i just think buying tickets for the sole purpose of making a profit is a little weak, IMHO.

On the other hand, another scalper could have bought the tickets from TM and sold to someone who wasn't a Sox fan. So it goes both ways...

What I'm really trying to say here is that any discussions involving horses must also involve Horsemaster Fred.:D:

DaBears
11-10-2005, 02:15 PM
I have to agree. Just because the ticket sold above face value doesn't mean anybody screwed anybody else. If both people are happy with the transaction, what's wrong with somebody making some extra money because they were lucky or because they had more than they needed?

The economics major in me thinks it would honestly be a good idea if ALL tickets were sold at a price consistant with demand. The poor fan in me, of course, would hate that idea.

Thanks for the support. Trust me, my intentions were not to rip anyone off. I wasnt holding a gun to anyones head. As a finance grad, I had to think in a business sense, because there was no way I personally could afford $1000/ticket to go to the World Series. And missing the games was never an option. I would imagine most on here and in Sox country would do the same as me if given the opportunity. That being said, that World Series weekend was the best weekend of my entire life (well up until we clinched:D: ).

GO SOX!!!

DaBears
11-10-2005, 02:19 PM
NO...I got the tickets from TM (actually just 1 ticket) for game 1 PRIOR to finding out I had season tickets for next year. I did not find out that I had tickets to all WS games until the day before game 1. (Tickets went on sale via TM about a week or so prior to that). I was never in this to make a profit, I was in it to go to the WS games for the cheapest price.

I'm not on any high horse. The buyer was willing to pay what the guy offered which I have no problem with. What I do have a problem with is that he already had tickets to the game because of his season ticket package yet got more through TM for the purpose of selling for profit (an assumption by me, of course). Those are tickets that another diehard could have bought for face value. i just think buying tickets for the sole purpose of making a profit is a little weak, IMHO.

On the other hand, another scalper could have bought the tickets from TM and sold to someone who wasn't a Sox fan. So it goes both ways...

What I'm really trying to say here is that any discussions involving horses must also involve Horsemaster Fred.:D:

itsnotrequired
11-10-2005, 02:32 PM
NO...I got the tickets from TM (actually just 1 ticket) for game 1 PRIOR to finding out I had season tickets for next year. I did not find out that I had tickets to all WS games until the day before game 1. (Tickets went on sale via TM about a week or so prior to that). I was never in this to make a profit, I was in it to go to the WS games for the cheapest price.

Ah, I see. I thought you were already a ST holder but jumped on the TM sales just to score some tickets to sell. My apologies.

I still think its a little weird to sell a WS ticket for such a profit. Something just doesn't sit right with me. I'd like to think that if I came across some extra WS tickets (won a contest, etc.), I would sell them at face to a good friend or donate them to charity or something. I really haven't been in a situation like that so its hard to say what i would do. I mean, selling that one ticket will basically pay for an entire season's worth of games. That would be pretty hard to resist...

Cat Thief
11-10-2005, 03:23 PM
Lets put it this way. If any of you guys got extra world series tickets you didnt need, would you sell it for face or over face?

I sold a pair for Game 2 at face value to my buddy's girlfriend so that she could take her Dad because I knew he might never get a chance to see the Sox in the series again. I could have easily sold these tickets for $1300 without blinking an eye, that should probably put me up on the high horse.

Also, if I would have done that, I could have used the $1100 profit on each ticket to pay for my season tickets for next year which were ordered after the World Series.

Cat Thief
11-10-2005, 03:31 PM
I apologize for not having an endless supply of money. I didnt screw anyone, the guy was willing to pay that, and it was cheaper than others were offering.

Hopefully someday, someone will return the favor.

SouthSoxFan
11-10-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm all for people doing what DaBears did. Thumbs up! Without folks like him, I never would have been able to get into the World Series. Thanks to all who made their tickets available on the open market, so diehard fans like me could buy them, and finally see that ever elusive Championship run in person!

SaltyPretzel
11-10-2005, 04:10 PM
How noble.

steff
11-10-2005, 04:15 PM
I sold a pair for Game 2 at face value to my buddy's girlfriend so that she could take her Dad because I knew he might never get a chance to see the Sox in the series again. I could have easily sold these tickets for $1300 without blinking an eye, that should probably put me up on the high horse.

Also, if I would have done that, I could have used the $1100 profit on each ticket to pay for my season tickets for next year which were ordered after the World Series.

My son in law got extras for game 1 and gave them to us not realizing we had tickets already and we sold them to friends for face when we could have gotten well over $2K a seat. It's just not something we would do. But I'm sure not going to **** on someone who's in a financial cramp to start with trying to break even.

DumpJerry
11-10-2005, 04:17 PM
I just today (11-10-05) got a full season package in Section 112, Row 18, seats 3 and 4!:bandance:
Stop by and say hi!:D:

dllrbll7
11-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Ah, I see. I thought you were already a ST holder but jumped on the TM sales just to score some tickets to sell. My apologies.

I still think its a little weird to sell a WS ticket for such a profit. Something just doesn't sit right with me. I'd like to think that if I came across some extra WS tickets (won a contest, etc.), I would sell them at face to a good friend or donate them to charity or something. I really haven't been in a situation like that so its hard to say what i would do. I mean, selling that one ticket will basically pay for an entire season's worth of games. That would be pretty hard to resist...

I absolutly HATE selling tickets over face value, but if you have bills you have no choice. As soon as I was given the opportunity to buy WS tickets by buying the full season I jumped on it, but told myself I HAD to sell game 1 tickets over face. I got ALOT of money for them, but the rest of the games I sold at face+$400 worth of tickets for next year of my season package to all my friends and family. This way I was able to pay off my $11,000 in tickets already, and have the opportunity to have season tickets next year with my friends along with going to the world series game. One of my pairs for game 1, did go to a huge sox fan and his son, so they did go to a true fan anyways, well a fan that can afford $2600 nonetheless... Im sure I will have plenty of tickets next year I will be selling here at or below face, so some of you may even luck out in this deal..

CubsDrool
11-17-2005, 12:05 PM
I bought the weekend package and ended up with decent seats in the outfield reserved section. I think they are only referring to the box seats in the lower deck.

nevr say dye sox
11-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Actually there are tickets still available in Sec 111, talked to a rep today!

itsnotrequired
11-17-2005, 01:41 PM
Actually there are tickets still available in Sec 111, talked to a rep today!

The only seating areas officially sold out are Club Level, Premium Club Level and Premium Lower Box. Premium Upper Box is also sold out for Double Play plans.

WSox8404
11-17-2005, 01:44 PM
The only seating areas officially sold out are Club Level, Premium Club Level and Premium Lower Box. Premium Upper Box is also sold out for Double Play plans.

So let me get this right because I am not sure what this means exactly.....does this mean that for every game next year I will not be able to be a single club level seat for any game?

itsnotrequired
11-17-2005, 01:45 PM
So let me get this right because I am not sure what this means exactly.....does this mean that for every game next year I will not be able to be a single club level seat for any game?

This is what I am not sure of. As of now, you cannot by a season ticket plan in those levels. It is unclear how many seats are set aside for single game sales.

Sad
11-17-2005, 01:56 PM

no
some of these seats will get coughed up as game day/week approaches

Flight #24
11-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Hopefully someday, someone will return the favor.

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/54/07/49m.jpg

"You're a Carson Daly fan too, huh?"