PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch the Dateline special this weekend?

cheeses_h_rice
11-07-2005, 04:40 PM
Dateline had a quasi-expose on beer sales at major sporting arenas, and how many employees of the service firms like Aramark, etc. don't obey their internal rules about how many beers they can sell to one person, selling to inebriated customers, etc.

I cringed when I saw the topic. I just had this hunch that US Cellular was going to be one of the stadiums that had the undercover footage, and that they would splash the ugly mugs of the Ligue family over the intro. They even started the segment showing the White Sox spraying champagne all over each other after winning the World Series.

But...nope, the Cell was not chosen as one of the stadiums, and the Ligues were NOT shown. I recognized Minute Maid and, I think, Fenway, but I could be wrong.

Phew.

Iwritecode
11-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Dateline had a quasi-expose on beer sales at major sporting arenas, and how many employees of the service firms like Aramark, etc. don't obey their internal rules about how many beers they can sell to one person, selling to inebriated customers, etc.

I cringed when I saw the topic. I just had this hunch that US Cellular was going to be one of the stadiums that had the undercover footage, and that they would splash the ugly mugs of the Ligue family over the intro. They even started the segment showing the White Sox spraying champagne all over each other after winning the World Series.

But...nope, the Cell was not chosen as one of the stadiums, and the Ligues were NOT shown. I recognized Minute Maid and, I think, Fenway, but I could be wrong.

Phew.

There's a beer garden on the north side of town they should've focused on...

LauraJ14
11-07-2005, 04:50 PM

Phew.

Actually 2 of the parks I recognized were Miller Park and Busch Stadium.

Dolly
11-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Actually 2 of the parks I recognized were Miller Park and Busch Stadium.

I guess those parks are well-named then. :smile:

antitwins13
11-07-2005, 08:55 PM
On Foxnews's Heartland they did a story on fan violence complete with Ligue coverage.

MarySwiss
11-07-2005, 09:52 PM

Phew.

Double phew. And about time!