11-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Street in the AL Ryan Howard in the NL

ChiSox14305635
11-07-2005, 01:05 PM
According to ESPN News.

knocko94
11-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Pretty much as expected

Too bad for Iguchi, but I'm glad Cano didn't get it, due to my hate of all things East Coast and Yankees.

rowand33
11-07-2005, 01:08 PM
surprised Gooch didn't even crack the top 3.

mjmcend
11-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Too bad for Iguchi, but Street did deserve it.

CHIsoxNation
11-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Pretty much as expected

Too bad for Iguchi, but I'm glad Cano didn't get it, due to my hate of all things East Coast and Yankees.

I agree. I would have been pretty upset to see Cano get this one. Street did great this year. Nobody really saw all of intangibles that Iguchi had to offer this year. Statistically Iguchi was pretty good for his first year, but he did a lot more for this team than what people (other than sox fans) saw/read.

MUsoxfan
11-07-2005, 04:26 PM
surprised Gooch didn't even crack the top 3.

I'm not. Based on pure numbers, he wasn't near where he needed to be. The things he's the best at you can't put in a box score

antitwins13
11-07-2005, 07:42 PM
Too bad for Iguchi, but Street did deserve it.

Who made the playoffs A's or the Sox?

mjmcend
11-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Who made the playoffs A's or the Sox?

That matters a lot less in ROY voting than it does for MVP voting. Rookies aren't necessarily supposed to help you get to the playoffs (but it is nice if they do), MVPs are.

RKMeibalane
11-07-2005, 08:24 PM
I'm happy for Ryan Howard. He was ready for the Major Leagues three seasons ago, and only got his chance because of an injury to Thome. He made the most of the opportunity, and I have the feeling he's going to win a home run title before he's through. That kid can flat-out hit.

Tragg
11-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Another 10 OBP points would be nice, but, otherwise, a pretty good offensive player we have in Tadahito.
Not as much speed as Durham but only slightly less production.

doublem23
11-08-2005, 05:20 AM
Another 10 OBP points would be nice, but, otherwise, a pretty good offensive player we have in Tadahito.
Not as much speed as Durham but only slightly less production.

I know this will start another debate, but I'd take Iguchi over Durham; he's a smarter ball player, a better "all around hitter" IMO (he may not put up the as sexy numbers as Ray did, but at the plate he is a more complete ballplayer), and his defense is head and shoulders better than Ray's. The only thing Ray was exceptionally talented at was running down pop-ups in shallow right field. Other than that, he really was a fire hydrant out there.

asindc
11-08-2005, 03:08 PM
The Wash. Post reported that Gooch got the 2nd most 1st place votes with 5. Apparently, there was a wide disparity of opinion on him. I guessing that those that saw the Sox play enough to evaluate him voted him high on their list, and the others just listed him after the others they actually saw play (Cano, for instance).