PDA

View Full Version : Decorations @ Sox Park

lunchbox
11-07-2005, 12:01 PM
I was driving in from the Skyway the other day and after passing a large White Sox World Series banner near the $2.50 toll, I passed by Comiskey and noticed a complete lack of Championship regalia. You'd think that with a fairly prominent place next to the highway, the Sox would have decorated the bejesus out of the park, but sadly,there was nothing. What gives?

Dolly
11-07-2005, 12:17 PM
I couldn't help but notice that too. At the VERY least, they could have updated the marquis to say "Home of the WORLD CHAMPION Chicago White Sox!"

steff
11-07-2005, 12:23 PM
I couldn't help but notice that too. At the VERY least, they could have updated the marquis to say "Home of the WORLD CHAMPION Chicago White Sox!"

Drove past there Saturday night on the way to the boats in Indiana and the marquis did say that.

skottyj242
11-07-2005, 12:24 PM

I saw it on the way to work this morning, it does say World Champion Chicago White Sox.

cbrownson13
11-07-2005, 12:40 PM
I'd like to see a banner or re-painting over the Home of the Chicago White Sox facing the highway and have it say Home of the World Champions Chicago White Sox. The marquis is nice, but eh.

IronFisk
11-07-2005, 12:59 PM
I'm sure a banner or billboard will be up soon enough. They don't make things that large overnight.

Baby Fisk
11-07-2005, 01:57 PM
They should change the inside facades behind home plate to read

Welcome To U.S. Cellular Field
Home of the World Champions.

Dolly
11-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Drove past there Saturday night on the way to the boats in Indiana and the marquis did say that.

They must have changed it sometime on Saturday then.... I drove past it on Friday night and it didn't say that. And I was specifically looking for it!

Rocky Soprano
11-07-2005, 02:19 PM
They must have changed it sometime on Saturday then.... I drove past it on Friday night and it didn't say that. And I was specifically looking for it!

You must of missed it because I drove past there a week ago and it said it.

Dolly
11-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Really? Hmm... my boyfriend and I were both looking for it, and were shocked not to see it. Maybe we did miss it, he was driving pretty fast. Oh well, as long as it's there! :D: