PDA

View Full Version : Away at FENWAY, Sept. 4, 5 and 6 2006

Iguchi's_batflip
11-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Howdy all,
I know this is way early days, but never too early to chat something up. A buddy of mine has season tickets at Fenway, and I'm going to go to the games against our Pale Hose on Mon., Sept. 4; Tue., Sept. 5; and Wed., Sept. 6, 2006. Figure I'm going to make it a five-day weekend in Boston. Anybody else going? Figured there's a watering hole White Sox fans could meet up at pre- and post-game? I've never been to Fenway, and always wanted to go.
Andrew

cbrownson13
11-07-2005, 12:41 PM
I went there two summers ago for a White Sox game out there. It's a good time.

Foulke You
11-07-2005, 12:48 PM
I've been there for the White Sox series in '02, '03, and '05. You'll have a good time. Boston is a great city, just don't over do it on the Samuel Adams like I did.:gulp:

Deuce
11-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Except for the Bostonians, I hear Boston is a great place to visit. :redneck

Tekijawa
11-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Except for the Bostonians, I hear Boston is a great place to visit. :redneck

I think I heard Fenway say it's the greatest town in the History of Human Civilization.

Dolly
11-07-2005, 02:01 PM
I've been out there for the White Sox-Red Sox series for 3 of the last 5 years. You will definitely have a good time. Chances are pretty good that I'll go again in 2006 too. One thing to keep in mind: Fenway has no beer vendors, and they only allow you to buy 2 small beers at a time (not sure how big, but I'm guessing 12 oz... definitely much smaller than a Comiskey Park beer). Anyway, my remedy to that problem, so I wouldn't have to miss the game standing in line, was to smuggle in my own bottle of The Captain, and just bought diet cokes to mix with it (they do have pop vendors). That's my tip, for what it's worth.

JohnBasedowYoda
11-07-2005, 02:12 PM
this might be the year i finally make the trip.

it's a toss-up of either going to spring training, boston-chicago at fenway, or the cincy road trip.

I've only enough coin for one of those

IlliniSox4Life
11-07-2005, 03:15 PM
I went to Fenway this year because I was in Boston visiting my sister. Sox weren't in town, so I caught a Red Sox - Reds game. The game wasn't all that good, but I really do like Fenway. It's a very cool old park. And by cool I don't mean cold. If you are stuck in there in the summer up under the over hang, it's like 100 degrees.

The only thing I hate about Fenway is how they serve their hot dogs. Fenway Franks are the worst thing ever. It's basically like a boiled hot dog on a slice of bread. Nothing compared to the kosher dogs with grilled onions at Sox Park.

SOXintheBURGH
11-07-2005, 03:28 PM
I think I heard Fenway say it's the greatest town in the History of Human Civilization.

I would put it second only to Ur.

SoxFan76
11-07-2005, 04:27 PM
I would put it second only to Ur.

:roflmao:

You do not miss a beat. I love it.