PDA

View Full Version : Bon Jovi

GoSoxGo
11-07-2005, 07:48 AM
Was anyone else at the Bon Jovi concert on Friday night (11/5)? Many people, including me, were wearing Sox gear. Anyway, Jon Bon Jovi mentioned a lot had happened since he was last in Chicago including the White Sox winning the World Series. Many in the crowd cheered, but Bon Jovi mentioned that several Cubs fans were booing and then took what appeared to be a shot at Cubs fans about always complaining including the endearing Sons of b______. Can anyone confirm that I heard what I heard? It seemed great. Thanks!

LongLiveFisk
11-07-2005, 08:38 AM
Was anyone else at the Bon Jovi concert on Friday night (11/5)? Many people, including me, were wearing Sox gear. Anyway, Jon Bon Jovi mentioned a lot had happened since he was last in Chicago including the White Sox winning the World Series. Many in the crowd cheered, but Bon Jovi mentioned that several Cubs fans were booing and then took what appeared to be a shot at Cubs fans about always complaining including the endearing Sons of b______. Can anyone confirm that I heard what I heard? It seemed great. Thanks!

I always liked Jon....it's cool he acknowledged our Sox and if he ripped on the Cub fans, all the better. :D:

The Dude
11-07-2005, 09:16 AM

According to this girl I know, she text messaged me during the show telling me about what Bon Jovi said about props to the Sox and Cub fans just get used to it. So I'm assuming you heard correctly.

steff
11-07-2005, 12:09 PM
He said congrats on Saturday night also, but the house must have been more Sox friendly as we didn't hear any boos. Good show also. We were sitting right next to the platform where he sang "wanted...." He dripped sweat on me.. :redface:

LongLiveFisk
11-07-2005, 12:21 PM
He said congrats on Saturday night also, but the house must have been more Sox friendly as we didn't hear any boos. Good show also. We were sitting right next to the platform where he sang "wanted...." He dripped sweat on me.. :redface:

Awesome! :D:
Do you remember exactly what he said?

steff
11-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Awesome! :D:
Do you remember exactly what he said?

Ummm...

"bla, bla, bla... World Series.. bla, bla..... Chicago White Sox... (lots of loud cheers, clapping, etc, etc... ) bla, bla, bla... " :D:

LongLiveFisk
11-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Ummm...

"bla, bla, bla... World Series.. bla, bla..... Chicago White Sox... (lots of loud cheers, clapping, etc, etc... ) bla, bla, bla... " :D:

LOL...well I guess that's all that matters! :wink:

Jerko
11-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Ummm...

Was that a speech, or one of his songs???????:smile:

Dolly
11-07-2005, 02:37 PM
I was there on Friday night, decked out in my Sox World Series Champions gear... that is what he said. How can you NOT love Bon Jovi??? :cool: