PDA

View Full Version : Where to purchase WS photos?

skobabe8
11-07-2005, 03:38 AM
I'm looking to purchase a bunch of 8X10 glossy photos of World Series game action and subsequent celebration for framing. Wheres the best place to do it? I've found a couple of sites online, but unsure which to use. I've also found a bunch on Ebay for around $5. If anyone has bought any, I'd like to hear where you purchased them from, prices, and quality. Thanks!

GoSoxGo
11-07-2005, 08:34 AM
There is a link on the White Sox homepage to the MLB Photo Store. They have action and celebration photos from the Playoffs and the World Series, but they seem a little expensive ( 8 x 10s are $14.95). You may do better on Ebay, but you might want to check it out also. The link is in the column under 2005 in Review. Hope this helps.

BeefyD
11-07-2005, 09:50 AM
Most of the official MLB photos are issued through Photo-File. They used to be dealer-retail only, however, in the past year they now have direct orders available. 8x10's are $6 usually. Can get up to 16x20's.

Here's a link:
http://www.photofiledirect.com/html/Framesets/baseball_events_fs.htm

yessssssss
11-07-2005, 09:51 AM
Good call on MLB.com, I especially love the photo of Pods crossing the plate to end Game 2. Lidge walking off in front of the celebration is priceless.

:bandance:

ewokpelts
11-07-2005, 10:49 AM
My stepdad's card store just bought a bunch of photofile pictures.
You cna get a hold of him at www.elitetradingcards.com (http://www.elitetradingcards.com)

Gene

dirty_k
11-07-2005, 06:23 PM
I am looking for some good team photos and any links would be appreciated. I especially like the one of the White Sos and BoSox lined up on the baselines for the national anthem. This pic is one the ChiSox website in a picture slideshow format so I can't copy/save it. 10/4 BOS @ CHI Game 1 Pregame in the daily pics sec of Chisox.com. Anyone know where a copy of this photo is that I can save?

JohnBasedowYoda
11-07-2005, 06:38 PM
I am looking for some good team photos and any links would be appreciated. I especially like the one of the White Sos and BoSox lined up on the baselines for the national anthem. This pic is one the ChiSox website in a picture slideshow format so I can't copy/save it. 10/4 BOS @ CHI Game 1 Pregame in the daily pics sec of Chisox.com. Anyone know where a copy of this photo is that I can save?

try gettyimages.com. everything is copyrighted so you'll have to buy it somehow. I'm not sure what they charge per pic or if you have join in a membership.

They have an awesome selection of game-time and celebration photos.

TheOldRoman
11-07-2005, 07:00 PM
try gettyimages.com. everything is copyrighted so you'll have to buy it somehow. I'm not sure what they charge per pic or if you have join in a membership.

They have an awesome selection of game-time and celebration photos.
Dont even try it. I registered and checked the prices, and it was charging me $210 for 6 monhts use of a single photo.

JohnBasedowYoda
11-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Dont even try it. I registered and checked the prices, and it was charging me $210 for 6 monhts use of a single photo.

wow. never mind then.

bayzbol44
11-07-2005, 08:09 PM
What is the link for the photo shop on mlb.com?