PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons shot at Cubs

Lip Man 1
11-06-2005, 09:59 PM
For the second time (the first was a few years ago with a blast at Ron Santo) The Simpsons has taken a shot at the Cubs.

In the opening sequence of tonight's Treehouse Of Horror XVI (The Simpsons Halloween Episode), Kang and Kodos are watching the World Series on Fox from their spaceship. They feel baseball is the most boring game on Earth so they use the 'accler-ray' to speed things up. Kodos warns Kang that using the ray to speed up the game could cause a rip in the fabric of the universe and destroy it.

Kang's reply, 'Good, only then could the Cubs finally win.' :D:

Even my wife laughed at that one!

Lip

A. Cavatica
11-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Hey dude, what's the score?

gobears1987
11-06-2005, 10:03 PM
Yeah, WTS?

SpartanSoxFan
11-06-2005, 10:07 PM
For the second time (the first was a few years ago with a blast at Ron Santo) The Simpsons has taken a shot at the Cubs.

In the opening sequence of tonight's Treehouse Of Horror XVI (The Simpsons Halloween Episode), Kang and Kodos are watching the World Series on Fox from their spaceship. They feel baseball is the most boring game on Earth so they use the 'accler-ray' to speed things up. Kodos warns Kang that using the ray to speed up the game could cause a rip in the fabric of the universe and destroy it.

Lip

What was the shot at Ron Santo?

FedEx227
11-06-2005, 10:09 PM
Lisa:mom i couldnt find any books about sacaguiwa just two books on ron santo.

Marge:that ok lisa when i was in school we learned about sacgwie while they boys took math.

(lisa puts Ron Santo books down)

Hobo:ALL RIGHT TOLIT PAPER

might we have a Cards/Sox fan in the writing team?

antitwins13
11-06-2005, 10:14 PM

Lip

Yeah, I got a good chuckle.

santo=dorf
11-06-2005, 10:15 PM
The Santo joke has been edited out of the syndication versions. I guess they just had to save 5 seconds for commercials! :rolleyes:

Baby Fisk
11-06-2005, 10:18 PM
The Santo joke has been edited out of the syndication versions. I guess they just had to save 5 seconds for commercials! :rolleyes:
santo=dorf, your new sig is mind-blowing... :o:

santo=dorf
11-06-2005, 10:26 PM
santo=dorf, your new sig is mind-blowing... :o:

:hawk
"Where are they going to play?"

Just one please. :smile:

MadetoOrta
11-06-2005, 10:27 PM
One of the writers, Dan Castellana? is a White Sox fan and was at Game 1 of the World Series. I'm sure the cracks at the cubs came from him.

antitwins13
11-06-2005, 10:31 PM
One of the writers, Dan Castellana? is a White Sox fan and was at Game 1 of the World Series. I'm sure the cracks at the cubs came from him.

Sox fan or did he get free tix just so that Buck could put the camera on him as he was promoting the new Simpson's episode on FOX? The world may never know.

ChiWhiteSox1337
11-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Actually, I think he's a Cubs fan. There was a thread a few years ago about the Ron Santo jab and someone posted a picture of Dan with a Cubs hat on.

Here's the thread about the Santo jab, including a picture of Dan with the Cubs hat on: http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29096 (thanks Google)

gaelhound
11-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Actually, I think he's a Cubs fan. There was a thread a few years ago about the Ron Santo jab and someone posted a picture of Dan with a Cubs hat on.

Here's the thread about the Santo jab, including a picture of Dan with the Cubs hat on: http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29096 (thanks Google)
Dan and I were friends in High School. (we're happy for you!). Dan and I graduated Oak Park-River Forest class of 75. Dan is a huge baseball fan and we spent about two years of lunch periods playing a compact version of strato-matic baseball. Dan was very knowledgeable and he was a rare hybrid fan of both the Sox and that other team. Our running buddies went to Sox Games exclusively and Dan was with to cheer on the Sox. I distinctly remember Dan leading left field at old Comiskey in a Chant of "Fe FI FO Fum, Lou Pinella Is A Bum" After Pinella made a great catch of a sinking liner, he also gave the bum a standing "O" and got a tip of Pinellas hat.

antitwins13
11-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Dan and I were friends in High School. (we're happy for you!). Dan and I graduated Oak Park-River Forest class of 75. Dan is a huge baseball fan and we spent about two years of lunch periods playing a compact version of strato-matic baseball. Dan was very knowledgeable and he was a rare hybrid fan of both the Sox and that other team. Our running buddies went to Sox Games exclusively and Dan was with to cheer on the Sox. I distinctly remember Dan leading left field at old Comiskey in a Chant of "Fe FI FO Fum, Lou Pinella Is A Bum" After Pinella made a great catch of a sinking liner, he also gave the bum a standing "O" and got a tip of Pinellas hat.

LOL I'm trying to imagine Homer Simpson saying Fe FI FO Fum Lou Pinella is a Bum.

TheDarkGundam
11-10-2005, 03:39 PM
My dad went to highschool with Joe Montegna. He does the voice of Fat Tony, and is, of course, a cub fan

TDog
11-11-2005, 01:14 AM
Real Cubs fans jab take jabs at their team. Some of the funniest jabs at teams are from their own true frustrated fans.