PDA

View Full Version : looking for a Frame

Sox35th
11-06-2005, 06:41 PM
Last week I picked up the new Sports Illustrated (world series edition)

I would like to frame it.....so my question is where can I get a frame? dose anyone know if you can get a frame that will hold a SI at Walmart or Target?
or is the best place to look/buy going to be online?

Thanks

chisoxmike
11-06-2005, 06:47 PM
I have been buying frames for the Sun-Times covers at the container store. I've seen frames for magazines there too.

veeter
11-06-2005, 07:29 PM
Craft stores are good for frames too.

Daver
11-06-2005, 07:38 PM
Try a Hobby Lobby or a Michael's.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
11-06-2005, 07:39 PM
Craft stores are good for frames too.

Yeah, check out Micheals or Hobby Lobby, bah! Daver beat me to it

Brian26
11-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Try a Hobby Lobby or a Michael's.

Michael's does outstanding work. I can't say enough good things about them (great selection of frames and mattings). Once a month they have a 50% off coupon in the paper, so definitely make sure you wait for that if you go there.

whitesoxwilkes
11-06-2005, 10:23 PM
The "Ribba" frame from Ikea holds a Sun-Times front page perfectly...and the second-to-largest black frames at Bed, Bath and Beyond hold a Tribune perfectly.

Bought them both yesterday, framed both papers today.

Baby Fisk
11-06-2005, 10:25 PM
I just bought the SI with Podsednik on the cover yesterday -- I hate the time delay in Canada! :angry:

hose
11-07-2005, 07:17 AM
Another happy Michaels customer here, I had my 1959 SI matted and framed by Michaels.

Best advice I can give is play dumb and have the old lady take care of it for you. They go in that store all the time anyway.:wink:

GoSoxGo
11-07-2005, 08:19 AM
If you are just looking to frame something just to get it up on the wall then any frame will do. However, if you are hoping to have an object remain in good condition over time, you should invest in UV protection glass and non-acidic matting. This is especially important if your frame is in an area that has direct sunlight. Many cheaper frames are nice, but will not protect your artwork/poster/newspaper very well- if at all. Just something to consider.

mandmandm
11-07-2005, 09:42 AM
I was in a scrap book store over the weekend looking for frames for the newpaper covers. They did not have anything big enough but they did carry this spray that prevents news papers from turning yellow. I forgot the name but it could be valuable in keeping your keepsakes in goos shape.

Clembasbal
11-07-2005, 09:45 AM
The "Ribba" frame from Ikea holds a Sun-Times front page perfectly...and the second-to-largest black frames at Bed, Bath and Beyond hold a Tribune perfectly.

Bought them both yesterday, framed both papers today.

What type of prices are you looking at? I know the ikea one is not expensive, but do you know the price and name from the BB&B store?

Thanks in advance!

VenturaSoxFan23
11-07-2005, 10:09 AM
I was in a scrap book store over the weekend looking for frames for the newpaper covers. They did not have anything big enough but they did carry this spray that prevents news papers from turning yellow. I forgot the name but it could be valuable in keeping your keepsakes in goos shape.

The WS clincher Sun-Times has all sorts of tips on keeping your papers in good shape over time.