PDA

View Full Version : Good site for seeing contract status for ALL White Sox players?

cheeses_h_rice
11-06-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm trying to look up info on which players are signed for 2006 and beyond, and can only find this info piecemeal. Is there any one site that shows the status for all the Sox players?

Daver
11-06-2005, 03:43 PM
I'm trying to look up info on which players are signed for 2006 and beyond, and can only find this info piecemeal. Is there any one site that shows the status for all the Sox players?

Like this? (%20http://www.mlb4u.com/chw.html)

The Racehorse
11-06-2005, 03:52 PM
I couldn't get Daver's link to open...

... try this one... http://www.mlb4u.com/chw.html

MarySwiss
11-06-2005, 04:06 PM
I have a related question. Crede is protected, but arbitration-eligible, correct? So what would happen if he--or rather, Boras--declines to renegotiate his deal and also declines arbitration? In that case, I think Crede would become a free agent after next season, but I'm not sure. Also, would he then play for his 2005 salary, i.e., $400K, in 2006?

Daver
11-06-2005, 04:07 PM
I have a related question. Crede is protected, but arbitration-eligible, correct? So what would happen if he--or rather, Boras--declines to renegotiate his deal and also declines arbitration? In that case, I think Crede would become a free agent after next season, but I'm not sure. Also, would he then play for his 2005 salary, i.e., $400K, in 2006?

They can't, he has no choice but accept arbitration, he does not have the service time to be eligible for free agency.

SouthSide_HitMen
11-06-2005, 04:12 PM
I like this one:

http://russells.freeshell.org/ddollars/team.php?team=whitesox&name=White%20Sox

All info in an easy to read presentation.

Link for the other 29 teams on the lower LHC. Usually accurate and updated a few times during the season / offseason.

MarySwiss
11-06-2005, 04:14 PM
They can't, he has no choice but accept arbitration, he does not have the service time to be eligible for free agency.

Thanks, Daver. But does he become a free agent after next season? (If you're wondering, I'm arguing with someone about this and I like to have my facts straight.)

Daver
11-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Thanks, Daver. But does he become a free agent after next season? (If you're wondering, I'm arguing with someone about this and I like to have my facts straight.)

After six years service time you are eligible for FA, so that would be after next season.

MarySwiss
11-06-2005, 04:19 PM
After six years service time you are eligible for FA, so that would be after next season.

Great, thanks! :smile:

nccwsfan
11-06-2005, 04:29 PM

The White Sox control his rights until he reaches 6 years (or more) of MLB service. As of today he has 3 years, 124 days of MLB service, meaning that he is more or less a member of the White Sox until the end of the 2008 season (when he can file for Free Agency).

Now that he's reached 3+ years of service he is eligible for arbitration, meaning that the White Sox can a) negotiate a new contract/contract extension for Crede, or b) go to arbitration and have an independent arbitrator decide his salary. No matter what, unless the White Sox trade/release Joe Crede he is a White Sox player until at least 2008. Hope that helps...

nccwsfan
11-06-2005, 04:32 PM

I'm using the White Sox media guide as reference, and according to this it says he's had 2 years, 124 days as of opening day, meaning that now he should be at 3 years, 124 days. If this is correct Crede is with us (assuming everything stays status quo) until the end of the 2008 season. If I'm wrong I apologize but I'm taking it straight from the horse's mouth on this one...

Daver
11-06-2005, 04:33 PM
I'm using the White Sox media guide as reference, and according to this it says he's had 2 years, 124 days as of opening day, meaning that now he should be at 3 years, 124 days. If this is correct Crede is with us (assuming everything stays status quo) until the end of the 2008 season. If I'm wrong I apologize but I'm taking it straight from the horse's mouth on this one...

Your probably right, I was going strictly from memory, I thought he came up for good in 2000.

nccwsfan
11-06-2005, 04:36 PM
No sweat, just happy to help.

:smile:

MarySwiss
11-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Thanks. That answers all my questions (for now). :D: