PDA

View Full Version : Konerko Running Bases W/ Beer

AsInWreck
12-15-2001, 01:40 PM
Hey Duke-

could you give some more details on that? I know I'm nosey but it sounds like a good story

mrwag
12-15-2001, 02:21 PM
I was there too and saw it in Minnesota. It was funny as hell! Rounded the bases as soon as the field crew got done making everything nice and pretty, here comes Paulie with a cold one sliding into home! Too bad my video camera ran outta tape just before that!

duke of dorwood
12-15-2001, 08:52 PM
If that would have been done by a Cub or Yankee, it would have been hailed as one of the sports greatest highlights. To me, it was one of our defining moments-not a hot dog stunt, a celebration at a time it was in order.

sox_fan_forever
12-15-2001, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
If that would have been done by a Cub or Yankee, it would have been hailed as one of the sports greatest highlights. To me, it was one of our defining moments-not a hot dog stunt, a celebration at a time it was in order.

I remember that too. You said it-it was definitely a defining moment. I think that is when i became a Konerko fan.

CLR01
12-15-2001, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by mrwag
Too bad my video camera ran outta tape just before that!

Come on, you should know it takes atleast 3 tapes to film konerko running the bases.

sox_fan_forever
12-15-2001, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by CLR01

Come on, you should know it takes atleast 3 tapes to film konerko running the bases.

lol
:)

duke of dorwood
12-15-2001, 10:04 PM
That actually was the fastest I ever saw Paulie glide around those bases.

:walnuts

Had to get to the washroom

Daver
12-15-2001, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
That actually was the fastest I ever saw Paulie glide around those bases.

Had to get to the washroom

:walnuts

I have an inside the park homerun,I ain't that slow.