PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Frank or Paulie?

RallyBowl
11-05-2005, 03:06 PM
Saw this poll on the official Whitesox website, and wondered what people here thought. The overwhelming majority in that one chose Paulie. I chose Frank. I realize that we could sign both, or neither, so this thread is basically just to gauge where people stand if we could for whatever reason only re-sign one of them. I guess I chose Frank for sentimental, not baseball or practical, reasons. Healthy or not, I want him to retire here.

The Dude
11-05-2005, 03:12 PM
Saw this poll on the official Whitesox website, and wondered what people here thought. The overwhelming majority in that one chose Paulie. I chose Frank. I realize that we could sign both, or neither, so this thread is basically just to gauge where people stand if we could for whatever reason only re-sign one of them. I guess I chose Frank for sentimental, not baseball or practical, reasons. Healthy or not, I want him to retire here.

I also saw this poll right next to yours in the Sox Clubhouse.:rolleyes:

RallyBowl
11-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Sorry, dude. Is the eye rolling necessary when it was an honest mistake?

The Dude
11-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Sorry, dude. Is the eye rolling necessary when it was an honest mistake?

I was just messing with ya man! It's all in good fun!:D:

RallyBowl
11-05-2005, 03:34 PM
I was just messing with ya man! It's all in good fun!:D:

It's cool. I got busy at work at didn't bother to check if someone beat me to it. Now, if a mod would delete this so I can end this embarassing chapter in my personal WSI history, I would greatly appreciate it.:smile:

Daver
11-05-2005, 03:35 PM
It's cool. I got busy at work at didn't bother to check if someone beat me to it. Now, if a mod would delete this so I can end this embarassing chapter in my personal WSI history, I would greatly appreciate it.:smile:

The magic 8 ball says....." Not Likely"

:bandance:

RallyBowl
11-05-2005, 03:38 PM

Okay. But this gave me a good idea for another thread. Check out the parking lot.

Deuce
11-05-2005, 03:51 PM
I said it before (in an identical thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61863)) and I'll say it again. It is Frank, hands down. Konerko can be replaced. No one can replace Frank Thomas.

Deuce

Fuller_Schettman
11-05-2005, 03:58 PM

We have that?
:o:

chisoxmike
11-05-2005, 04:12 PM
At least the title of his thread is Frank OR Paulie, not Frank OF Paulie.:D:

Fuller_Schettman
11-05-2005, 04:16 PM
At least the title of his thread is Frand OR Paulie, not Frank OF Paulie.:D:

Not sure who Frand is. Perhaps that was a Frandian Slip. hehehe

It has recently become trendy to refer to people in the context of their father, so if your dad was named Robert, you would be called "Mike of Robert". Maybe that is where shoelessjoe90 was going?

Stroker Ace
11-05-2005, 05:17 PM
It's tough, but I have to say Frank. Paulie will be around longer, but I couldn't stand to see Frank play anywhere else.

Deadguy
11-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Not sure who Frand is.

She has a hideously annoying laugh and had her own sitcom called "The Nanny".

nccwsfan
11-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Frank is my favorite White Sox player. Has been since 90', and he will always be da man. However, PK gives the White Sox a better shot of winning another trophy in the 'Ozzie era', so you've got to go with him.

That said I truly hope that Frank stays and retires with the White Sox. He is the face of this franchise...

PAPChiSox729
11-05-2005, 05:39 PM
As much as I like Konerko, just seeing Frank leave would leave me heartbroken.

Nellie_Fox
11-06-2005, 01:18 AM
I refuse to choose.