PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie in Caracas

Vernam
11-05-2005, 12:57 AM
Oswaldo's victory tour continues: linky (http://tinyurl.com/axwq5). It's cool that he made time for this but blew off Jay Leno. And I'm glad to hear they've got five bodyguards for the trophy. :D:

Vernam

IlliniSox4Life
11-05-2005, 02:08 AM
He said he wasn't renegotiating his contract. "When a man signs a contract he should honor it," Guillen said. "They signed me for three seasons to win ... they were going to pay me just the same whether or not we were champions."

:thumbsup: (misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)

Classy Ozzie, Classy

CaptainBallz
11-05-2005, 02:17 AM
Right On, Ozzie!

From the SouthSide to Venezuela, Cheers!

:cheers:

Blueprint1
11-05-2005, 02:22 AM
Oswaldo's victory tour continues: linky (http://tinyurl.com/axwq5). It's cool that he made time for this but blew off Jay Leno. And I'm glad to hear they've got five bodyguards for the trophy. :D:

Vernam

Well they better the original World Cup trophy was stolen in Brazil melted down and never found.

MadetoOrta
11-05-2005, 10:40 AM
Maybe someday the best Venezuelan pitchers in baseball - Johan Santana and the young kid on Seattle - will do their ountry proud and sign with the Sox.

TomBradley72
11-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Great comments from Oswaldo:

On the night of the World Series victory last month, Venezuelans fans celebrated in the streets, setting off fireworks and cheering for Guillen, known here by his full name, Oswaldo.

"I have nine other fingers on my hands that I hope to fill with World Series rings, that's the motivation I have now," he said. "I had good ballplayers, though we didn't have the greatest talent on earth. But it's true, we had the greatest team.

"Nothing in the world is done with talent alone, it's done with unity. My greatest strength was having the confidence to know that any of my players could do the job."

He said he wasn't renegotiating his contract. "When a man signs a contract he should honor it," Guillen said. "They signed me for three seasons to win ... they were going to pay me just the same whether or not we were champions."

Frankfan4life
11-05-2005, 02:07 PM
Thousands of fans chanted "Guillen! Guillen!" and fireworks exploded overhead as he made a loop around a Caracas stadium standing on the bed of a pickup truck and holding his team's trophy high in the air.On the night of the World Series victory last month, Venezuelans fans celebrated in the streets, setting off fireworks and cheering for Guillen, known here by his full name, Oswaldo.Hmm, we refer to him as "Ozzie." Does this mean we have less respect for him than Venezuelans have? :redface:

Ozzie, I mean, Mr. Oswaldo Guillen, is helping the Sox gain an international following. This is so cool.

Chips
11-05-2005, 02:14 PM
Great comments from Oswaldo:

On the night of the World Series victory last month, Venezuelans fans celebrated in the streets, setting off fireworks and cheering for Guillen, known here by his full name, Oswaldo.

"I have nine other fingers on my hands that I hope to fill with World Series rings, that's the motivation I have now," he said. "I had good ballplayers, though we didn't have the greatest talent on earth. But it's true, we had the greatest team.

"Nothing in the world is done with talent alone, it's done with unity. My greatest strength was having the confidence to know that any of my players could do the job."

I love Ozzie, three more years and three more rings, then six more years and six more rings, etc, etc.