PDA

View Full Version : Grandstand update...

mike squires
11-05-2005, 12:21 AM
Hey ya all, today my wife calls and says, "I was thinking maybe we could do something tomorrow." I didn't hve a clue and was shocked to hear her say...we could go to Grandstand!!! I was wondering if things have quieted down a bit. Should I be concerned about parking and big crowds. Not that it matters. I was just curious.

Viva Medias B's
11-05-2005, 12:23 AM
I would guess things have calmed down at Grandstand a bit. In fact, I'm still surprised that the tents here in the SW burbs selling Sox souvenir merchandise are still up.

chisoxfanatic
11-05-2005, 12:25 AM
Even when I went to Grandstand after work on Monday, I got in without having to wait in line. When I went in tonight to pick up a World Series Champions banner, there were only a few other people in there. You won't have to wait in line if you go tomorrow.

robertks61
11-05-2005, 12:35 AM
No authentic jerseys with the World Series logo on them in stock. Went there tonight.... Lot's of good stuff though!!!

mike squires
11-05-2005, 12:36 AM
Thanks ya all!! Now, if I could just find out why Joe McConnell left!:D:

chisoxfanatic
11-05-2005, 12:36 AM
No authentic jerseys with the World Series logo on them in stock. Went there tonight.... Lot's of good stuff though!!!

That's because they have the patches right there, which you must have sewn on either by them or a taylor. Patches cost $15 plus tax.

itsnotrequired
11-05-2005, 01:11 AM
Any infant Sox gear still in stock? It doesn't have to be WS related.

Fuller_Schettman
11-05-2005, 01:29 AM
Where is this Grandstand you speak of?

StillMissOzzie
11-05-2005, 01:34 AM

Wallace & 35th, maybe a mile west of USCF. They carry just about ANYTHING White Sox related, with plenty of other MLB & sports-related stuff, too.

SMO
:gulp:

beckett21
11-05-2005, 01:39 AM

For the out-of-towners:

Link (http://www.grandstandsox.com/)

chisoxfanatic
11-05-2005, 02:16 AM
Any infant Sox gear still in stock? It doesn't have to be WS related.

Yes. Go to the back of the store just before the women's section and look to your left.

Garland_IS_God
11-05-2005, 12:37 PM
I would guess things have calmed down at Grandstand a bit. In fact, I'm still surprised that the tents here in the SW burbs selling Sox souvenir merchandise are still up.

The tent by my house ;107th Pulaski and by work; 95th Kilbourn are both down now. They stopped a few days ago.

JimH
11-05-2005, 12:55 PM
Maybe someone can help me find an item I'd like to buy for my father?

I don't see it on the Grandstand website ...

I'm looking for a long sleeve button down shirt, not denim, that has mention of the World Series championship, White Sox 2005 Champions, something like that.
Maybe I'll need to get a regular White Sox button down shirt and have the patch sewn on, but if anyone has seen an item like this, pointing me in the right direction is much appreciated.

WCCJESSE
11-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Here's the site Jim :smile:www.grandstandsox.com

Cat Thief
11-05-2005, 02:52 PM

They are up all over. 111th by Saunoris in Chicago Ridge. I saw 2 or 3 tents in Orland. Another on 111th and Ridgeland. They still must be making money.

cheeses_h_rice
11-05-2005, 02:56 PM
They are up all over. 111th by Saunoris in Chicago Ridge. I saw 2 or 3 tents in Orland. Another on 111th and Ridgeland. They still must be making money.

There's one up at the corner of Glenview and Greenwood Roads in Glenview, in the heart of Flubs country, too.

:thumbsup:

SouthSide_HitMen
11-05-2005, 03:15 PM
There's one up at the corner of Glenview and Greenwood Roads in Glenview, in the heart of Flubs country, too.

:thumbsup:

There are two still up on the Northwest Side - One on Harlem and Devon and one on Harlem and Higgins. There are White Sox fans EVERYWHERE and the Cubs brass are ****ting themselves in fear.

ChiSoxGirl
11-05-2005, 03:22 PM
This is fabulous!!! :smile: I was hoping to hear it had calmed down in the Grandstand neighborhood! I've been waiting to drive down there until the chaos subsided. I bought a World Series patch that I'm going to have them sew on my jacket. Maybe they could actually get to it now!

I think I'll head down there tomorrow in the early afternoon and scope out all of the stuff! And now that I've started a new credit card billing cycle, I feel like I can go in there and spend money without feeling guilty! :tongue:

Fuller_Schettman
11-05-2005, 04:12 PM
They don't seem to be offering any WS gear yet on their website. Hopefully this will change soon...

MeteorsSox4367
11-05-2005, 04:21 PM
I stopped at Grandstand on the way home from work on Wednesday and while there was a decent crowd in there, I didn't have to wait outside. Still a good selection of stuff and there were no parking problems. Found a spot on Wallace just south of 35th.

The one shirt they didn't have that I'm still looking for is the "Ozzieball" one that's on MLB.com. Has anyone found that shirt anywhere else?

Thanks and Go Sox!

Dolly
11-05-2005, 04:58 PM

I saw a bunch of them that were having sales.... there was one at about Archer and Central that had signs posted that said 50% off everything, and they seemed to have a pretty good selection. Didn't stop though, so not sure...

billnahorodny
11-05-2005, 05:14 PM
I was just there this afternoon. Tons of championship stuff...lots of people but no lines.

kevin57
11-05-2005, 06:04 PM
There are two still up on the Northwest Side - One on Harlem and Devon and one on Harlem and Higgins. There are White Sox fans EVERYWHERE and the Cubs brass are ****ting themselves in fear.

Today I was driving on Clark and saw several Sox caps, jerseys, etc. This is a revolutionary! :D:

bayzbol44
11-05-2005, 09:43 PM
I stopped at Grandstand on the way home from work on Wednesday and while there was a decent crowd in there, I didn't have to wait outside. Still a good selection of stuff and there were no parking problems. Found a spot on Wallace just south of 35th.

The one shirt they didn't have that I'm still looking for is the "Ozzieball" one that's on MLB.com. Has anyone found that shirt anywhere else?

Thanks and Go Sox!

Meteor, I have seen this at the Champs stores.

mike squires
11-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Today I was driving on Clark and saw several Sox caps, jerseys, etc. This is a revolutionary! :D:

Perhaps you saw me! :D: We went this afternoon and purchased a shirt, a flag for the car and a pennant for the office. Pretty good crowd. I was surprised to see a few security guys, both armed.

Then we strolled aver to the Sox gift shop and I picked up another shirt and a program. It was cool to see a empty quiet Comiskey. It was kind of emotional if it weren't for opne of the Sox usher dudes totally hitting on another one and asking her if she was faithful. It almost ruined the moment. My wife drove us all around the southside trying to find all the mags they were selling.

I think when it's all said and done, we will have spent around 200.00. This may be a once in a lifetime thing. I hope not!

I kept thinking I was going to run into Hangar or ChiSoxgirl or Dump Jerry. I was keeping my eyes open for you guys.:smile:

Then we took our little girl to Lincoln Park Zoo. IT was beautiful despite the off and on rain. They had the Christmas lights up and with the near darkening sky it was beautiful.

Great day.

Fungo
11-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Folks, the White Sox main Gift shop behind home plate inside the Cell is open 10-6 during the week (not sure about the weekends) up until December 23rd as well. Just park in the lot and there is a door to the right of the main office doors. Walk up a couple flights of stairs and you'll be on the main concourse. Last week they ripped up the entire infield grass and have laid new sod.

Vernam
11-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Folks, the White Sox main Gift shop behind home plate inside the Cell is open 10-6 during the week (not sure about the weekends) up until December 23rd as well. Just park in the lot and there is a door to the right of the main office doors. Walk up a couple flights of stairs and you'll be on the main concourse. Last week they ripped up the entire infield grass and have laid new sod.Wait, I'd have paid top dollar for that old sod! I wonder if it got mulched or put to some better use.

What I'm looking for is the pink version of the Series Champs locker room hat. Those were scarce, and my daughter's giving me a hard time for not having snagged it. Might need to make a Grandstand run . . .

Vernam

Steelrod
11-06-2005, 01:21 PM
The street vendors all over town have it. $32, a little steep, but got one for my daughter.

SALUKIS15
11-06-2005, 03:00 PM
I have been looking for the Flex Fit locker room hat that the players had on after they won. Can't find it anywhere. Everywhere I check online says it is backordered. Does anyone know of anyplace that still has them in stock?

chisoxmike
11-06-2005, 03:20 PM
I have been looking for the Flex Fit locker room hat that the players had on after they won. Can't find it anywhere. Everywhere I check online says it is backordered. Does anyone know of anyplace that still has them in stock?

Sports Authority already has them at 30% off. Pfft.
Grandstand also has a endless supply of them.

dickallen15
11-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Wait, I'd have paid top dollar for that old sod! I wonder if it got mulched or put to some better use.

What I'm looking for is the pink version of the Series Champs locker room hat. Those were scarce, and my daughter's giving me a hard time for not having snagged it. Might need to make a Grandstand run . . .

Vernam

They had a ton of the pink ones at the Sports Authority on LaSalle and Ontario a couple of days ago.

chisoxfan83
11-06-2005, 07:35 PM
anyone know what time they open during the week?

Vernam
11-07-2005, 03:32 PM
They had a ton of the pink ones at the Sports Authority on LaSalle and Ontario a couple of days ago.Thanks -- picked one up today, restoring peace in our household!

Vernam

ChiSoxGirl
11-07-2005, 03:55 PM
anyone know what time they open during the week?

Noon.

ChiSoxGirl
11-07-2005, 03:59 PM
I made my way to Grandstand yesterday. Sorry mike squires; I know you were on the lookout for the likes of myself, Hangar, and DumpJerry on Saturday. :cool:

I didn't do too bad- a couple Authentic World Series Champions pennants- one for home and one for my classroom, and a black, long-sleeve hoodie with "White Sox- 2005 World Series Champions" embroidered on the chest. There were a couple other things I wanted, but I had to limit myself, given the credit card bill I'm waiting for. Plus, there were a couple things I liked, but they didn't have in my size. I also left my dugout jacket & World Series patch there to be sewn on; can't wait to get it back!

Kuzman
11-07-2005, 04:00 PM
I just picked up my Grey Buehrle with a WS2005 patch on it, via www.triplethreatsports.com (http://www.triplethreatsports.com)

Its so purrrrdy

The Critic
11-07-2005, 04:58 PM

Thanks and Go Sox!

I saw the Ozzieball shirt at the Champs in Chicago Ridge Mall ( or whatever it's called now, Westfield or something like that? ). 95th and Ridgeland at any rate.

IlliniSox4Life
11-07-2005, 05:21 PM
I saw the Ozzieball shirt at the Champs in Chicago Ridge Mall ( or whatever it's called now, Westfield or something like that? ). 95th and Ridgeland at any rate.

There were a couple stores there that had it.