PDA

View Full Version : White Sox already written off in 2006

SouthSide_HitMen
11-04-2005, 11:36 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5050632

White Sox won't be around to defend crown

Dayn Perry (http://msn.foxsports.com/writer/archive?authorId=217) / FOXSports.com
Posted: 2 hours ago

It's not even Thanksgiving yet, and Chicago White Sox fans probably aren't even over their hangovers. Still, it's never too early to start casting forward to the 2006 season. So with that in mind, let's trot out your MLB 2006 playoff predictions.

AL East - Boston Red Sox
AL Central - Cleveland Indians
AL West - Oakland A's
AL Wild Card - New York Yankees

NL East - Atlanta Braves
NL Central - St. Louis Cardinals
NL West - Los Angeles Dodgers
NL Wild Card - Milwaukee Brewers
__________________________________________________ _________________

The first of 1,000 articles this offseason declaring the White Sox dead. What a ****ing joke.

beckett21
11-04-2005, 11:41 PM

Dayn Perry (http://msn.foxsports.com/writer/archive?authorId=217) / FOXSports.com

It's not even Thanksgiving yet, and Chicago White Sox fans probably aren't even over their hangovers.

The first of 1,000 articles this offseason declaring the White Sox dead. What a ****ing joke.

From the same clown who just jumped on the bandwagon last week, after bashing the Sox all season long.

****ing joke, indeed. :rolleyes:

It's Time
11-04-2005, 11:44 PM
And people say they are "content" with just one title. No ****ing way am I content. The joy of winning titles and getting to rub it in the noses of *******s like this makes me want the season to start tomorrow.

JB98
11-04-2005, 11:44 PM
I don't have a link, but The Sporting News selected the Sox to defend their AL Central title. They had the Tribe as the wild card and the Yankees missing the playoffs. :D:

Get used to it, gang. The Indians will be the trendy pick next year.

Palehose13
11-04-2005, 11:48 PM
Still, it's never too early to start casting forward to the 2006 season.

Sure it is, Dayna. The 25 man rosters are nowhere near being set and you think you can make predictions? Please... :rolleyes:

Psst...isn't this the same guy that said that Podsednik wasn't good cause he didn't hit homeruns?

Iwritecode
11-04-2005, 11:48 PM
Because one week after the WS is a perfect time to judge a team...

This guy is probably still expecting the Sox to lose game 5 to Houston...

JB98
11-04-2005, 11:50 PM
I hope the media picks against the Sox going into next year. They picked against the Sox this year. Result: A big-time chip on the players' shoulders and a world championship.

Mr. White Sox
11-04-2005, 11:58 PM
Oh man! I had the Brewers pegged as the NL Wild Card, but now that Dayn Ferry picked them, I dunno...maybe I'll change it around a bit.

SouthSide_HitMen
11-04-2005, 11:58 PM
Sure it is, Dayna. The 25 man rosters are nowhere near being set and you think you can make predictions? Please... :rolleyes:

Psst...isn't this the same guy that said that Podsednik wasn't good cause he didn't hit homeruns?

Worse - the tool said Scott Podsednik is the most overrated player in baseball and Ichiro and Blalock join him in the Top 10.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/4803552

chisoxmike
11-05-2005, 12:01 AM
What a ****ing jag bag. Teams haven't even made FA signings or trades. The winter ****ing meetings haven't even begun. Fine. Proclaim the Indians 2006 AL Central Division champions just like they did this year. :rolleyes: If the Twins won the divison and world series this year they would be proclaimed AL Central Champs for the next 10 years. **** 'em.

MadetoOrta
11-05-2005, 12:10 AM
In light of the fact that we proved most if not all of the experts WRONG all season long AND we are reigning WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL ..............................:neener: :neener: :neener: :neener:

It's Time
11-05-2005, 12:10 AM
No. ****ing. respect! If the Yankees, Red Sox or even the cubs would have won it, they would still be posting post championship cover shots on all the national rags and they would be picked to repeat.

itsnotrequired
11-05-2005, 12:12 AM
What a ****ing jag bag. Teams haven't even made FA signings or trades. The winter ****ing meetings haven't even begun. Fine. Proclaim the Indians 2006 AL Central Division champions just like they did this year. :rolleyes: If the Twins won the divison and world series this year they would be proclaimed AL Central Champs for the next 10 years. **** 'em.

I've already posted my season tickets on eBay because of this article. No way I'm sticking around to see a loser!:rolleyes:

voodoochile
11-05-2005, 12:14 AM
Get used to it. Did you actually think the people who called the Sox lucky or said they only won because they got umpire breaks or simply exceeded their pythagorean win total by WAY too much are going to roll over and give up?

I expect the Sox to return to next year as underdogs even if they land PK, Manny and get Frank back 100%.

Haters hate - it's what they do...:rolleyes:

It's Time
11-05-2005, 12:17 AM
Get used to it. Did you actually think the people who called the Sox lucky or said they only won because they got umpire breaks or simply exceeded their pythagorean win total by WAY too much are going to roll over and give up?

I expect the Sox to return to next year as underdogs even if they land PK, Manny and get Frank back 100%.

Haters hate - it's what they do...:rolleyes:

No! It's because the name isn't Yankees, Red Sox or cubs. If it were, this **** would not be happening one ****ing week after the world series.

Hokiesox
11-05-2005, 12:33 AM
I thought that chip on my shoulder was gone. But **** like this brings it right back. I could see the 2006 chip on my shoulder growing as I read that trash.

Thanks for the insightful commentary Dayn. Why don't you wait and see who goes where?

Tragg
11-05-2005, 12:36 AM
Get used to it, gang. The Indians will be the trendy pick next year.

Yep, and I love the fact that our main competition in the division will be over-hyped. I'm still looking for INdians pitching that impresses me, and I don't see it except, perhaps for a couple of middle-relievers. Wickman, HOwry, Milowood? I like our chances.
And their young hitters, while proven capable of pounding Royals pitching, haven't shown the ability to hit top-level pitching.

MRKARNO
11-05-2005, 12:57 AM
I mean, the Sox will look the exact same next year, except without Paul Konerko whom they will be unable to replace adequately (look for them to put in Brian Anderson at first base and Borchard at DH) and will be without the luck they enjoyed last year.

NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THIS TEAM IS GOING TO LOOK LIKE NEXT YEAR. The only "sure" thing is the starting pitching staff and most of the back end of the bullpen and that's a damn good starting point compared to even the Indians. If Konerko goes, it likely means that Helton, Delgado or Thome are in. Popular sentiment is that this team is going to look the exact same as last year, but Kenny Williams has never been known to sit around like that. He knows as well as everyone else that we need that big bat in the middle and that our offense was not as good as it could have been last year. With payroll increases, this offense could be a heckuva lot better, at the expense of letting some guys go. This offense may look really different again next year.

fquaye149
11-05-2005, 01:08 AM
Oh man! I had the Brewers pegged as the NL Wild Card, but now that Dayn Ferry picked them, I dunno...maybe I'll change it around a bit.

Pick them to win the NL central out right.

Anyway, who cares if you're wrong - no one will remember - and if you're right, rub it in their faces. After all, that's what all the sportswriters do.

Banix12
11-05-2005, 01:15 AM
I remember reading somewhere that Channel 2 originally wanted to build their weather tracking equipment on the roof of new comiskey so the sox would be perpetually under the radar.

Black Sox
11-05-2005, 12:23 PM
I was annoyed by his comment that the "sox figure to regress" and then not explain that comment in the slightest. Also his, "should be without the services of Paul Konerko" line that makes no sense. I'm willing to bet its more than fifty/fifty he's back. That is unless the Angels lose their damn minds and pay him 15mil a year.

Regardless, I could care less what this guys or any guy's predictions are. Most experts predict wrong anyway. I'm just upset that someone can make his predictions where the defending champs don't even make his playoffs and he doesn't explain why. They just "figure to regress."

hose
11-05-2005, 12:35 PM
I hope more "experts" don't pick the White Sox.

Wait change that to all "experts" don't pick the White Sox.

TomBradley72
11-05-2005, 12:40 PM

Of course...they blew the Sunday game against KC, couldn't beat the Devil Rays at home when it mattered most...then were swept by a White Sox team playing their "B team".

Clearly the heart of a champion.

MarySwiss
11-05-2005, 12:55 PM
I thought that chip on my shoulder was gone. But **** like this brings it right back. I could see the 2006 chip on my shoulder growing as I read that trash.

Thanks for the insightful commentary Dayn. Why don't you wait and see who goes where?

My thoughts precisely! In fact, I'm really happy these clowns are all jumping off the bandwagon so early. It gives us all plenty of time to work up a good head of steam before the season starts.

Plus, I want to see those sports book odds drop a bit more, so I can pull off a little repeat of my own! :cool:

The_Floridian
11-05-2005, 12:59 PM
This is just lunacy. He has Johnny Damon starting in center for both the Red Sox and Yankees. He has the Angels moving Erstad back to center field, and then he, talks about how Steve FInley will be in center next year.

I mean, it's one thing to get things wrong and contradict yourself over the course of a season, even over the course of a few articles. But over the course of a paragraph?

Well, he hasn't got anything right all year, why should he start now?

Ol' No. 2
11-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Wait. I thought the reason nobody picked them last year was because they hadn't won anything yet.

longshot7
11-05-2005, 01:39 PM
ha! You can't take this guy seriously - he's like one of those sports radio guys with diarrhea of the mouth - he just can't stop talking.

Seriously, anyone who picks the Dodgers to win their division HAS NO CLUE. I'm not worried.

Fredsox
11-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Screw Dana and all the other supposed Baseball Geniuses in the media. As far as the Indians go they have some work to do as well to bring there team back in 2006, and let's face it: THEY LOST BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH. If they don't improve they will be eating our dust again. I will point out that their Tub-o'-goo closer Wickman is 37 years old and he tends to get people out more with his brains than his stuff. He is not by any means a guarantee to close the 9th. Additionally Wickman, Elarton, Howry, and Millwood are all free agents as of right now.

Chips
11-05-2005, 02:21 PM

It's not even Thanksgiving yet, and Chicago White Sox fans probably aren't even over their hangovers. Still, it's never too early to start casting forward to the 2006 season. So with that in mind, let's trot out your MLB 2006 playoff predictions.

AL East - Boston Red Sox
AL West - Oakland A's

NL East - Atlanta Braves
NL Central - St. Louis Cardinals
NL West - Los Angeles Dodgers
NL Wild Card - Milwaukee Brewers

It's a pretty good idea to predict next year before any of the free agent signing, spring training, etc.

Deuce
11-05-2005, 03:44 PM
AL East - Boston Red Sox
AL West - Oakland A's

How can anyone take this seriously. The Wrong Sox winning their division? They don't even have a GM. And Oakland will be lucky to compete against a much better Angels team. Still, I'm happy this moron opened his mouth early enough to enjoy making fun of him during the offseason. And remember...

2006 White Sox Baseball: Still Flying under the Radar

Word.

antitwins13
11-05-2005, 07:11 PM
From the same clown who just jumped on the bandwagon last week, after bashing the Sox all season long.

****ing joke, indeed. :rolleyes:

This guy is such a clown. He had the Indians as his #1 team in the power rankings to end the season and they didn't even make the playoffs. He's picking them to beat the Sox to cover his butt.

SoxSpeed22
11-05-2005, 07:46 PM
It's because the name isn't Yankees, Red Sox or cubs. If it were, this **** would not be happening one ****ing week after the world series.Unfortunately, you're dead-on.
:walnuts"We'll just have to do this again next year!"

LongLiveFisk
11-05-2005, 08:03 PM
I predicted this would happen, so I'm not the least bit surprised. It's just sour grapes, people. And as you know, sour grapes produce a lot of WHINE.

NWSox
11-05-2005, 08:46 PM
I understand that the Indians may be the trendy pick, but the Red Sox? Where's the pitching?

rocky biddle
11-05-2005, 08:52 PM
What I find most absurd is, he justifies his pick of the Red Sox and a few other teams by saying that they'll probably make some significant free agent moves. Yet he discounts the White Sox chances next year because he assumes they'll lose PK and make no moves at all. Gotta love the internet, any two-bit journalism school dropout can play expert and pass his nonsensical ramblings off as fact. I've heard callers to sports radio shows with more credibility than this Dayn Perry.

JB98
11-05-2005, 09:10 PM
I understand that the Indians may be the trendy pick, but the Red Sox? Where's the pitching?

Valid question, but remember, no one has good pitching in the AL East.

Professor
11-06-2005, 08:58 AM
Anyone who even makes a prediction this early, loses all credibility. Since the era of free-agency, it is downright stupid to try and predict the future of teams before Spring Training. There are over 100 unsigned free agents out there for crying out loud! I have taken to not even reading these articles anymore. These people should be laughed out of the profession, and one way to do it is if the audience was more astute and refuse to tolerate such rubbish. And by that I mean, don't read their unfounded 'analysis'!