PDA

View Full Version : Anyone listen to the Mix?

Paxson93
11-04-2005, 09:35 AM
They are having this "Who Do You Know" contest that runs I think another week where people try to get celebrities to call in the radio station. I think it is just on Eric and Kathy's show in the morning. As intolerable as those two are as the biggest Cub-turned Bandwagon Sox fans alive, they are having a lot of Sox calling in. So far that I have heard, they have gotten calls from Neil Cotts (who swore in his 1st 30 seconds on the air!), Reinsdorf, Buehrle, and this morning Nancy Faust.

Anyone hear anyone else?

Dolly
11-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Actually, Nancy was the only one who called in early enough for me to hear it before I got to work. However, I just wanted to comment that I think it's interesting that no Scrubs players have called. Or at least none that I have heard. Hmmm....

34 Inch Stick
11-04-2005, 03:49 PM
Eric and Kathy? I can feel an estrogen buildup in my body just typing those names.

Dan Mega
11-04-2005, 03:52 PM
My girlfriend told me a while back that the 2 guys that are on the morning show for 103.5 are Sox fans. I didn't believe her so the morning after the big win over LAA in June (July maybe?) she proved it. The guys (drex and pete I think?) were like "yeah and Sox win again and nobody pays attention", then the Pete guy went on to talk about how the team was exciting and he thought they would go all the way.

Not sure if they were Cubs fans before but hey if they jumped on the bandwagon, they did so earlier then the rest.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
11-04-2005, 05:08 PM
They are having this "Who Do You Know" contest that runs I think another week where people try to get celebrities to call in the radio station. I think it is just on Eric and Kathy's show in the morning. As intolerable as those two are as the biggest Cub-turned Bandwagon Sox fans alive, they are having a lot of Sox calling in. So far that I have heard, they have gotten calls from Neil Cotts (who swore in his 1st 30 seconds on the air!), Reinsdorf, Buehrle, and this morning Nancy Faust.

Anyone hear anyone else?

I was listening this morning and the hook for the contest is that if the celebrity who gets ten votes as the most famous celebrity to call into the show gets $5000 to give to their favorite charity, the vote is next Friday (Nov 11), maybe Sox army and jam the phone lines voting for MB or Cotts, if one of them won it'd be cool if they donated to White Sox Charities

South Side
11-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Neil Cotts (who swore in his 1st 30 seconds on the air!), Reinsdorf, Buehrle, and this morning Nancy Faust.

Anyone hear anyone else?

Ha! What was he swearing about?

4th Gen. Sox Fan
11-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Ha! What was he swearing about?

He was walking his dog when he called in

Go Sox
11-12-2005, 12:42 PM
They changed the date of the vote from last Friday to this Monday at 10:00 am. We need to get every Sox fan in the city to call in- they decide a winner with only 10 votes!

LuvSox
11-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Eric and Kathy? I can feel an estrogen buildup in my body just typing those names.

Especially Eric :smile:

Dolly
11-14-2005, 12:16 PM
They changed the date of the vote from last Friday to this Monday at 10:00 am. We need to get every Sox fan in the city to call in- they decide a winner with only 10 votes!
Did anyone try to call this morning??? I tried and tried and tried, but to no avail. William Shattner won with 3 votes, no WS people got any votes, and Ryne Sandburg got one. UGH!!! Very frustrating. :mad:

Edit: The voting was actually at 7:20 am, not 10:00.

MsSoxVixen22
11-14-2005, 01:14 PM
I USED to listen to Eric and Kathy (I don't anymore cos I got turned on to 97.1 the Drive) an it would always piss me off about how they would always talk Cubs and then they turned into bandwagoners. And that's when I stopped listening to them. I know for a fact thought that one of the VJ's on the Mix (Lisa Berigen) sp? is a big Sox fan. I wish I could've heard them talking to Neil and Mark though!!