PDA

View Full Version : Duncan

MrKinsella
11-03-2005, 08:09 PM
With all the season long talk of trading Rowand to the Yankees what are the odds that he goes their for the likes of an Eric Duncan 3rd base prospect, who is hitting over 400 in the Arizona fall league considering they won't be replacing A-rod any time soon. Who else would need to be in the package with a guy like this.

Soxfan35
11-03-2005, 08:11 PM
With all the season long talk of trading Rowand to the Yankees what are the odds that he goes their for the likes of an Eric Duncan 3rd base prospect, who is hitting over 400 in the Arizona fall league considering they won't be replacing A-rod any time soon. Who else would need to be in the package with a guy like this.

In case you missed the month of October, we already have a pretty good 3B I'd say.

Daver
11-03-2005, 08:11 PM
Pure speculation goes here.

The Sox already have a third baseman.

Chisox003
11-03-2005, 08:12 PM
Rowand to the Yankees? That's a new one.

I highly doubt it, and if there were an ounce of truth to this, it sure as hell wouldnt be for Eric Duncan.

MarySwiss
11-03-2005, 08:55 PM

Er, excuse me? WHAT season-long talk of trading Rowand to the Yankees? And why would we trade a solid CF to acquire a 3rd base prospect when we already have a solid 3rd baseman, named Joe Crede?

And as has been said a few million times before, why fix something that ain't broke?

That'd be the Sox. And based on what we've all just seen, if--make that when-- we sign Thomas and Konerko, I'd stand pat and dance with the guys that brung us.

MadetoOrta
11-03-2005, 11:17 PM
Can I enjoy my World Championship for another week? Jeesh. Don't skew the payroll for Paul Konerko and Frank's done. An incentive laden contract with a very small base contract for Frank, and I'm fine. Be prepared to move on with sweet memories.

34 Inch Stick
11-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Crede is the third baseman for now. I think it would be foolish of the Sox not to have a longer range backup plan at third with Boras being Crede's agent.

Rocky Soprano
11-04-2005, 09:58 AM
:threadblows:

antitwins13
11-04-2005, 11:59 AM
In case you missed the month of October, we already have a pretty good 3B I'd say.

Good point!

TDog
11-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Rowand to the Yankees? That's a new one. ...

Maybe Aaron wants to go to the Yankees so, like Randy Johnson, he'll have a chance to get to the World Series.

voodoochile
11-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Crede is the third baseman for now. I think it would be foolish of the Sox not to have a longer range backup plan at third with Boras being Crede's agent.

Isn't that why they drafted Josh Fields?

skottyj242
11-04-2005, 01:26 PM
I don't think I ever heard we were trading Rowand to the Yankees.