PDA

View Full Version : In Jamie Burke news...

Gosox1917
11-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Texas Rangers signed C/3B Jamie Burke, OF Adam Hyzdu and C Nick Trzesniak to Minor League contracts with invitations to Spring Training and signed RHP Chris Baker and RHP Shane Bazzell to Minor League contracts.

Hope he gets the chance in Texas that he wasn't able to get with us.

Unregistered
11-03-2005, 06:24 PM
He's a third baseman?

I-I-I-I-I-I did not know that...

Banix12
11-03-2005, 06:51 PM
Texas Rangers signed C/3B Jamie Burke, OF Adam Hyzdu and C Nick Trzesniak to Minor League contracts with invitations to Spring Training and signed RHP Chris Baker and RHP Shane Bazzell to Minor League contracts.

Hope he gets the chance in Texas that he wasn't able to get with us.

I think he got as good a chance with the White Sox as you can expect a 33 year old minor leaguer with zero power to get at the major league level. Without the white sox being nice to him and giving him playing time in 03 and 04, the odds were he would have never made it to the major leagues ever again.

Good luck to him but its not like I'm crying over this. BTW, I'm so happy the Ben Davis vs Jamie Burke preseason argument ended Chris Widger

The_Floridian
11-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Hope he gets a few chances to do something with the Rangers.

Good luck, Jamie.

JUribe1989
11-03-2005, 07:23 PM
I'll never understand why he didn't get more playing time with the White Sox. I really liked Jamie and I hope he can back up Barajas and become the second catcher down there. No way Sandy Alomar could keep that second spot right?

Gosox1917
11-03-2005, 08:31 PM
I'll never understand why he didn't get more playing time with the White Sox. I really liked Jamie and I hope he can back up Barajas and become the second catcher down there. No way Sandy Alomar could keep that second spot right?

If your the Rangers you try to pursuade Sandy to become a coach of some sort in the organization and let him work his way up to become the manager, and with Sandy that shouldn't take to long. Just saying, don't know how attatched Texas is with the control freak of Buck Showalter, but this would indeed let the guys like Barajas and Burke and/or any other prospects to get a chance and from what I've heard, Sandy would make a very good coach or manager.

Clembasbal
11-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Texas Rangers signed C Nick Trzesniak to Minor League contracts with invitations to Spring Training.

I hope this guys gets a chance. He is an Andrew graduate and we need more Chicagoland guys in the bigs.

Randar68
11-04-2005, 10:15 AM

Maybe because he is a .250 minor league hitter with no power? Ya think?

daveeym
11-04-2005, 10:21 AM
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/irisza1/019%20-%20Bull%20-%20Crash%20Davis1.jpg

Yeah, I was in the show. I was in the show for 21 days once - the 21 greatest days of my life. You know, you never handle your luggage in the show, somebody else carries your bags. It was great. You hit white balls for batting practice, the ballparks are like cathedrals, the hotels all have room service, and the women all have long legs and brains.

ilsox7
11-04-2005, 10:33 AM
I hope this guys gets a chance. He is an Andrew graduate and we need more Chicagoland guys in the bigs.

I fully agree. I played with Nick for a few years...he was blocked by a lot of catchers in the Padres organization. Hopefully this is his chance.

MUsoxfan
11-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Maybe because he is a .250 minor league hitter with no power? Ya think?

He seemed to come up huge in several at-bats with the big club in '04. I wish him well

Randar68
11-04-2005, 11:26 AM
He seemed to come up huge in several at-bats with the big club in '04. I wish him well

I wish him well, but the guy had extremely limited at-bats and people here made him out to be a MUCH better player than he really is, that's all.

VenturaSoxFan23
11-04-2005, 12:04 PM
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/irisza1/019%20-%20Bull%20-%20Crash%20Davis1.jpg

Yeah, I was in the show. I was in the show for 21 days once - the 21 greatest days of my life. You know, you never handle your luggage in the show, somebody else carries your bags. It was great. You hit white balls for batting practice, the ballparks are like cathedrals, the hotels all have room service, and the women all have long legs and brains.

Borchard, is that you?