PDA

View Full Version : Promotion Schedule for 2006?

hanger
11-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Does anybody have any information as to when they come out with the promotions schedule? I'm waiting to choose my tickets out of the season ticket package I'm in on until I see what the give-aways are going to be. Does anybody remember what time it was last year?

Is it April yet?

Tekijawa
11-03-2005, 05:44 PM
OH NO ANOTHER HANGER!

The were out long after tickets went on sale to the public. I don't think you'll have the luxury of waiting around to see what the promotions are if you're going to get a Season Ticket package... especially the way that the ST are already flying off the shelf.

XplodingScorbord
11-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Not sure this board can handle another one who hangs, but whatever. :welcome:

hanger
11-03-2005, 06:04 PM
Thanks! I've lurked here for many many years, and I've had that name for over a decade! I'll give props out to the original here, even though it's spelled different!!

But, I've got to think that they'll have the promotions out before single game tickets go on sale. Maybe we'll just forget it and have our "ticket draft" sooner!

whitesoxwilkes
11-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Thanks! I've lurked here for many many years, and I've had that name for over a decade! I'll give props out to the original here, even though it's spelled different!!

But, I've got to think that they'll have the promotions out before single game tickets go on sale. Maybe we'll just forget it and have our "ticket draft" sooner!

Welcome!

Last year the promotions schedule came out just before Soxfest.

Stoky44
11-03-2005, 06:24 PM
based off the schedule, it looks like no 1/2 price tuesday's

RallyBowl
11-03-2005, 07:19 PM

Sadly, I knew a Championship would be the end of 1/2 price nights. Oh well, they were great while they lasted.

chisoxfanatic
11-03-2005, 09:26 PM
OH NO ANOTHER HANGER!

That would be HangAr! And nobody can replace Henry here! :cool:

IlliniSox4Life
11-03-2005, 09:42 PM

First makin me spend all this money on World Series merchandise, and now making me pay full price?!

hose
11-03-2005, 10:08 PM

What's your views on the media?:whistle:

LuvSox
11-03-2005, 10:30 PM
That would be HangAr! And nobody can replace Henry here! :cool:

Nobody wants to. :D:

soxfanreggie
11-03-2005, 10:35 PM
They still going to have half-priced Mondays?

bigsqwert
11-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Does anybody have any information as to when they come out with the promotions schedule? I'm waiting to choose my tickets out of the season ticket package I'm in on until I see what the give-aways are going to be. Does anybody remember what time it was last year?

Is it April yet?

I believe May 5th is colostomy bag night.

SoxFan64
11-04-2005, 12:39 AM
First makin me spend all this money on World Series merchandise, and now making me pay full price?!

I'm glad you are doing your part to keep Paulie here. :cool:

SoxFan64
11-04-2005, 12:41 AM
I believe May 5th is colostomy bag night.

Trade with your friends -- mix and match -- what color is yours.

The options are endless. :drool::drool::drool::drool:

salty99
11-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Don't forget Slip and Slide Night with Mark Buehrle.

Sad
11-04-2005, 10:58 AM
What's your views on the media?:whistle:

:roflmao:

converted
11-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Are they still going to have Teacher Nights? I tried to e-mail the guy that got it done for me last season to see if he knew anything, and my e-mail was "undeliverable" Maybe it's too soon to be asking???? :D:

Hitmen77
11-04-2005, 12:15 PM
I hope they do another "Nothing But Nancy" Day (or several of them) next year!

zach23
11-04-2005, 12:28 PM
They still going to have half-priced Mondays?

I really hope half-priced nights go away now. I understand that they help a lot of people who can't afford to go to many games, but they have also been notorious for bringing out all the drunken morons. The past few years I have hated being out in my bleacher seats on a half-priced night. Nothing but drunken idiots looking to fight.
Instead of these, they should keep promoting coupons and family value packs to help more families afford games, and maybe setup some programs at local colleges where they can give out discounted or free tickets to students based on achievements. Or maybe sell half priced tickets on a Monday or Tuesday to anyone producing a full price ticket stub from another game at the box office. At least this may weed out some of the idiots that only come on half-price nights to get drunk.
Selling every ticket in the park for half price just invites too many idiots to come and cause trouble.

sox1970
11-04-2005, 01:02 PM
I really hope half-priced nights go away now. I understand that they help a lot of people who can't afford to go to many games, but they have also been notorious for bringing out all the drunken morons.

Not sure if there will still be Pepsi-Tuesdays, but there are only six home Monday games other than Opening Day. 6 games for the drunks isn't too bad.

ewokpelts
11-04-2005, 01:04 PM
1/2 off tuesday will be gone....since they'll be selling so many damm tickets in advance...

Gene

itsnotrequired
11-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Not sure if there will still be Pepsi-Tuesdays, but there are only six home Monday games other than Opening Day. 6 games for the drunks isn't too bad.

The first half-price Tuesday I went to was the first one of the 2004 season. This was when you could still sit in the lower deck. My buddy and I counted at least 15 different fights in the outfield.

I attended a couple half-price Tuesday's this last season and they are much more tame compared to a couple years ago. Still, it seems like their days are numbered...

RoundingThird
11-04-2005, 09:57 PM
I really hope half-priced nights go away now. I understand that they help a lot of people who can't afford to go to many games, but they have also been notorious for bringing out all the drunken morons. The past few years I have hated being out in my bleacher seats on a half-priced night. Nothing but drunken idiots looking to fight.
Instead of these, they should keep promoting coupons and family value packs to help more families afford games, and maybe setup some programs at local colleges where they can give out discounted or free tickets to students based on achievements. Or maybe sell half priced tickets on a Monday or Tuesday to anyone producing a full price ticket stub from another game at the box office. At least this may weed out some of the idiots that only come on half-price nights to get drunk.
Selling every ticket in the park for half price just invites too many idiots to come and cause trouble.

It's an unwritten rule that the bleachers are designated for the fighters/drunks/young on half price nights.

I'd suggest you find a new section or start drinking. :gulp:

:D:

Chips
11-04-2005, 11:00 PM

I hated some of the half price night games this past season because so many of the people there are ****ing idiots. Every pop up and they would get out of their seats thinking it was a homerun, didn't know **** about baseball. They would start some of the dumbest chants. Etc, etc. A lot of half priced fans suck.

HotelWhiteSox
11-04-2005, 11:22 PM
Half price Mondays remain, not including Opening Day