PDA

View Full Version : Do you like the 1:05 start time for Sundays?

SaltyPretzel
11-03-2005, 02:36 PM
Do you like the return of the 1:05 start time for Sundays?

kittle42
11-03-2005, 02:45 PM
Ahhh! This sucks. There is no way I want to be doing anything on Sunday before noon. Getting up at 1030 or so to go to a game...ugh.

Madvora
11-03-2005, 02:49 PM
I can't imagine why this would be that big of a difference to people.
It has no impact on me. As long as they still play on Sundays.

Palehose13
11-03-2005, 02:50 PM
Ahhh! This sucks. There is no way I want to be doing anything on Sunday before noon. Getting up at 1030 or so to go to a game...ugh.

Agreed, except I have to get up a little earlier. For this non-morning person there is a big difference in getting up at 9am instead of 8am...especially on a Sunday!

Law11
11-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Its all prefernce. I like the earlier start because it give me more time to wind down Sunday evening.

Deuce
11-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Being that I have a 5 hour drive back to St. Louis ahead of me, I really appreciate the change.

Procol Harum
11-03-2005, 03:13 PM
The 2:05 start is more seemly for those of us of the Protestant persuasion who would like to attend divine service (usually 11 AM in most churches) and still be able to have some decent cushion time for making the first pitch--particularly if coming in from the burbs. The 1:05 start time means that Sunday ballgames are out for our household and many others (which also puts a crimp in the ability to opt for some of those split season ticket plans).

Palehose13
11-03-2005, 03:18 PM
The 2:05 start is more seemly for those of us of the Protestant persuasion who would like to attend divine service (usually 11 AM in most churches) and still be able to have some decent cushion time for making the first pitch--particularly if coming in from the burbs. The 1:05 start time means that Sunday ballgames are out for our household and many others (which also puts a crimp in the ability to opt for some of those split season ticket plans).

http://www.moviegoods.com/Assets/product_images/1020/209956.1020.A.jpg

"That's why I belong to the Church of Baseball" :wink:

Procol Harum
11-03-2005, 03:20 PM
"That's why I belong to the Church of Baseball" :wink:

I just knew that was coming.....:rolleyes:

JohnBasedowYoda
11-03-2005, 03:21 PM
as i said in the other thread.... this rushes tailgaiting prep and cuts into tailgaiting time. why having it later is such a big deal is beyond me. why wouldn't want to have more time to get up, get ready, or even go to church

Palehose13
11-03-2005, 03:21 PM
I just knew that was coming.....:rolleyes:

It took me awhile to find an appropriate Sarandon "Bull Durham" photo. :tongue:

Steelrod
11-03-2005, 03:22 PM
2:05 Sucked.
Too late to eat lunch at the ballpark, and gets you home too late to start dinner.
1:05 was, and is perfect for those who travel more than 45 minutes to get to and from the park. With next year's increased attendance, will still have plenty of time to get home.

Palehose13
11-03-2005, 03:25 PM
2:05 Sucked.
Too late to eat lunch at the ballpark, and gets you home too late to start dinner.
1:05 was, and is perfect for those who travel more than 45 minutes to get to and from the park. With next year's increased attendance, will still have plenty of time to get home.

What the heck are you like 80 and on set meal times!?!?!?

34 Inch Stick
11-03-2005, 03:42 PM

You have to find yourself a more flexible church. As a Catholic I can go anywhere from about 4 pm Saturday to 7 pm Sunday and find a mass in the city (who do you think God prefers now).

The time really does not matter to me. I prefer earlier because I rarely wake up after 8 am. On the other hand 10 years ago I thought the Bears noon start time was to early for me to roll out of bed to sit on the couch.

ohiosoxfan
11-03-2005, 03:51 PM
On a purely selfish level, we drive from Columbus, OH and really looked toward the 1:05 Sunday games (2:05 Eastern time). With a 5 hour drive back home, it allowed us to catch a pizza at Connie's and still get home by midnight. 2:05 made it tough since that translates to 3:05 PM eastern time. (I need my Chicago Deep Dish Pizza fix):smile:

ewokpelts
11-03-2005, 03:55 PM
this sucks.....

i WORK on sundays, and i'm scheduled to leave at 3:30......with a 2:05 start, i can convince my boss to let me go early(like 1:30) and i can hop on the l and get there before 1st pitch...now....i'll mos tlikely not go to any sunday games.....
thanks jerry!
Gene

Procol Harum
11-03-2005, 04:02 PM
You have to find yourself a more flexible church. As a Catholic I can go anywhere from about 4 pm Saturday to 7 pm Sunday and find a mass in the city (who do you think God prefers now).

"...for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction..." :wink:

Actually, there are some Protestant churches that offer Saturday evening services, and (usually depending upon the size of the individual church) all sorts of earlier services are offered on Sunday mornings. However, 11 is still the traditional time for the majority and I'm sure that's particularly true for the vast, vast majority of African-American churches on the West and South sides.

kittle42
11-04-2005, 12:29 AM
The NFL feels no need to schedule around people's propensity to attend services.

Sad
11-04-2005, 08:32 AM
Being that I have a 5 hour drive back to St. Louis ahead of me, I really appreciate the change.

same here driving to Michigan
prefer an earlier start

where are these game times posted though?
I didnt see any game times on the website???

Sad
11-04-2005, 08:42 AM
ah

I see now-
somebody posted a "secret link" in another thread

tacosalbarojas
11-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Its all prefernce. I like the earlier start because it give me more time to wind down Sunday evening.Agreed.