PDA

View Full Version : Dye on Rome next segment

Mots09
11-03-2005, 12:22 PM
i will give a wrap up of it when it's over.

Mots09
11-03-2005, 12:26 PM
on rome now they have the interview w/ barkley and he rips Jay Marriotti about how stupid he is

Mots09
11-03-2005, 12:51 PM
Highlights

Mood in Chicago is awesome because people are actually wearing all kinds of Sox stuff all over the city.

His father is happier about the MVP than he is actually. He was happy to get it though because of the team atmosphere of this clubhouse.

Touched on how he gave verbal to the Sox then Dbacks came back w/ a better offer but he stressted how his parents taught him that his word is his bond.

He joked w/ willy, ceve and himself want Jay Z to celebrate w/ them next year kind of like Steve Perry did this year.

Touched on how AJ turned into a team leader this year..

Great interview

Jermaine FREAKING Dye... STUD

tacosalbarojas
11-03-2005, 12:54 PM
Highlights

word is his bond.

'fo sho'!!!

Mots09
11-03-2005, 12:56 PM
oh yeah he also said he "has made enough $ to support his family."

THAT MADE MY JAW DROP

Tekijawa
11-03-2005, 12:58 PM
Touched on how he gave verbal to the Sox then Dbacks came back w/ a better offer but he stressted how his parents taught him that his word is his bond.

Wow, an ethical Human being! I though that those vanished from the face of the earth Decades ago! Jermaine, you are truly a role model and everyone should take notice on how this paid off for you!

asindc
11-03-2005, 01:02 PM
His father is happier about the MVP than he is actually. He was happy to get it though because of the team atmosphere of this clubhouse.

Jermaine FREAKING Dye... STUD

Yet another example of how character factors in to what kind of ball player any one turns out to be. Before the season, there was no certainty of the Sox making the playoffs, but he choose the Sox based on what KW and Ozzie were planning to do. In the end, he has his most rewarding season as a pro.

BTW, San Fran also offered more money than the Sox. Jermaine Dye, a charter member of the "25 men IN" club.

LuvSox
11-03-2005, 01:04 PM
Wow, an ethical Human being!

There are a few cats in the Yankee organization that can learn a thing or two from Jermaine!!!!!!

sas1974
11-03-2005, 01:31 PM
There are a few cats in the Yankee organization that can learn a thing or two from Jermaine!!!!!!

:payrod
"Who? Me?!?!"

MsSoxVixen22
11-03-2005, 01:43 PM
Just goes to show you yet again that we have a GREAT bunch of guys on the Sox. I hope they work to keep this team intact!

CHIsoxNation
11-03-2005, 02:12 PM
Just goes to show you yet again that we have a GREAT bunch of guys on the Sox. I hope they work to keep this team intact!

Same here, at least for another year or so. You have to figure after 2006 some changes will be made with all of these young guys coming up. But what they did last year was special and I'm glad to see for the most part they are all coming back to go at it again.

34rancher
11-03-2005, 03:16 PM
oh yeah he also said he "has made enough $ to support his family."

THAT MADE MY JAW DROP
Not really, I mean in all reality how much would you need to set your family off for life? I could set up my kids, grandkids, and myself for less than $5 million. JD made that much this year alone. He also strikes me as the type of person who is not raging with his money and that he is an extremely humble man. Wouldn't surprise me if he gave his MVP truck to his dad being the classy individual he is.

JD=role model (Not because he has to be or because he wants to be as an athlete, but because he is one of those people that just are, regardless of playing sports.)