PDA

View Full Version : Eric Kaselis on Carmen and Silvy

32nd&Wallace
11-02-2005, 06:42 PM
Anyone hear this clown on Carmen and Silvy the other day. I only heard him this morning on Mike and Mike. He made a promise to a Chicago caller a while back in the season that if the Sox won the WS, he would pay for his own airfare to Chicago and get a beatdown for 5 minutes on AM 1000. Well, at least he was a man of his word. But on Mike and Mike he was going off on how bad of a team the Sox won. How Ozzie hung his starters out to dry? How they relied on a double AA closer? How they didn't have a batter over .300.

But what I am looking for is what took place on Carmen and Silvy when he appeared. If anyone can give me the info, much appreciated. :smile:

santo=dorf
11-02-2005, 08:11 PM
I was wondering if this chump was going to live up to his word. I wish he was on MJH for it though.

32nd&Wallace
11-02-2005, 08:20 PM
I was wondering if this chump was going to live up to his word. I wish he was on MJH for it though.Agreed. Danny Mac would have torn him a new one. Kaelis said he was "berated" but I can't see Carmen or Silvy turning Mike Wallace on him.

Brian26
11-02-2005, 08:31 PM
But on Mike and Mike he was going off on how bad of a team the Sox won. How Ozzie hung his starters out to dry? How they relied on a double AA closer? How they didn't have a batter over .300.

Wow. He's trying to rationalize that the Sox were a bad team by the way they won it? Each of those points specifically show how good of a team they were. The fact that Ozzie was able to keep his starters in shows how well conditioned and dominant they were. That's not a bad thing. If the Sox won with a Double-A closer, shame on all the teams who couldn't catch up with his heat. As for the .300 average, who cares? I'd rather have a World Series title with a bunch of .280 hitters than a 2nd place team with five .300 hitters. The Sox absolutely dominated this season, and that's something to be proud of. Nobody will ever be able to take away the 99 wins, the wire-to-wire lead, the 11-1 postseason, the 16 out of the last 17 victories, or the World Series title (with a sweep).

Stroker Ace
11-02-2005, 09:13 PM
How Ozzie hung his starters out to dry?

Yeah, because Garland, Buehrle, Contreras, and Garcia can never go the distance.

How they relied on a double AA closer?

A double A closer that hit 102 and has a sick curveball, who by the way picked up 2 saves in the World Series

How they didn't have a batter over .300.

Because our players put personal stats behind them for the greater good of the team.

Kusilies is a jackass. He went on Silvy and Carmen because he knew that MJH would rip him a new one and reveal him as the fraud that he is.

Soxfanspcu11
11-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Wow. He's trying to rationalize that the Sox were a bad team by the way they won it? Each of those points specifically show how good of a team they were. The fact that Ozzie was able to keep his starters in shows how well conditioned and dominant they were. That's not a bad thing. If the Sox won with a Double-A closer, shame on all the teams who couldn't catch up with his heat. As for the .300 average, who cares? I'd rather have a World Series title with a bunch of .280 hitters than a 2nd place team with five .300 hitters. The Sox absolutely dominated this season, and that's something to be proud of. Nobody will ever be able to take away the 99 wins, the wire-to-wire lead, the 11-1 postseason, the 16 out of the last 17 victories, or the World Series title (with a sweep).

Do you work for a newspaper??? If you don't you should, that was VERY well put, nicely done! I was trying to think of the best response possible to address those ridiculous points and as I was coming up with my points, I scrolled down and saw your post and realized that you hit the nail on the head!

If you are not currently a writer for a major paper, then you are seriously wasting some talent. I wish you could have gotten through on the air and said EXACTLY what you just typed.

The sound of SHOCKED silence would have been beautiful! Again, VERY nicely done!:smile:

Brian26
11-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Do you work for a newspaper??? If you don't you should, that was VERY well put, nicely done! I was trying to think of the best response possible to address those ridiculous points and as I was coming up with my points, I scrolled down and saw your post and realized that you hit the nail on the head!

If you are not currently a writer for a major paper, then you are seriously wasting some talent. I wish you could have gotten through on the air and said EXACTLY what you just typed.

The sound of SHOCKED silence would have been beautiful! Again, VERY nicely done!:smile:

No, I don't work for a newspaper, but thanks for the compliments. :redface: I was just speaking from the heart.

gf2020
11-02-2005, 10:40 PM
No, I don't work for a newspaper, but thanks for the compliments. :redface: I was just speaking from the heart.

Which is why you will never work for a newspaper in this town.

TDog
11-03-2005, 01:18 AM
It's not like all the best major league talent is off fighting a war. That hasn't been the case since the Cubs last played in the World Series.

What part of winning 99 regular-season games, going 7-1 against 95-win teams to get to the World Series and sweeping said World Series do people refuse to understand?

The Racehorse
11-03-2005, 05:42 AM
On his show, the Sportsbash, you get the distinct impression that Erik Kuselias only enjoys talking about the highest of the high-profile teams and athletes... Kuselias is a snob.

... and of course, the Sox don't have to justify **** to the Erik Kuselias' of the world for winning the World Series.

veeter
11-03-2005, 08:07 AM
If the by-product of the White Sox being world champions, is meaningless criticisms by some no-talent jerk off, so be it. At the beginning of the season, I think we all would have taken that deal.

Over By There
11-03-2005, 08:47 AM
Erica Sillyass can go scratch. He's a boring doofus with no original ideas.

MeteorsSox4367
11-03-2005, 04:25 PM
When he filled in for Greenberg, Kusilias (sp?) said something regarding the Sox' winning the Series that "this is the best baseball can do?"

Yeah, sorry about the fact that it wasn't the Yankees or Boston that won the American League championship and the World Series. If Uribe would have made that catch going into the stands while wearing a Yankee or Red Sox cap, he would be undergoing the Catholic Church's canonization process right now.

As it is, Uribe is the starting shortstop for the 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX. If that's not good enough for people like Kusilias (sp?), I'm sorry. Really.

Idiot.

Deuce
11-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Like Racehorse posted, the tool's name is spelled Erik Kuselias. Just wanted to clarify, as no one else spelled it correctly.

Deuce

eriqjaffe
11-03-2005, 04:54 PM
http://www.feelinghappy.com/images/ecard_green.jpg

TornLabrum
11-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Like Racehorse posted, the tool's name is spelled Erik Kuselias. Just wanted to clarify, as no one else spelled it correctly.

Deuce

No, Over by There spelled it correctly: Erica Sillyass.