PDA

View Full Version : Have you Sox fans noticed this?

WCCJESSE
11-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Since we won the world series now ozzie gets to pick the all star team right.If so let's see how many yanks make it this time

woodenleg
11-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Well, I should hope that Ozzie would rise above and be fair is all I can say....

TornLabrum
11-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Since we won the world series now ozzie gets to pick the all star team right.If so let's see how many yanks make it this time

No, he doesn't get to pick the All-Star team. They took a lot of that power away from the manager after Joe Torre's repeated abuses of that privilege.

The_Floridian
11-02-2005, 09:09 PM
Well, I should hope that Ozzie would rise above and be fair is all I can say....

That makes one of us. :redneck

antitwins13
11-02-2005, 10:29 PM
No, he doesn't get to pick the All-Star team. They took a lot of that power away from the manager after Joe Torre's repeated abuses of that privilege.

Should this be in teal or not?

Banix12
11-02-2005, 11:14 PM

Not, he loaded the team with Yankees year after year and often picked some pretty sad choices for the team's lone rep. For Example, Esteban Loaiza in 2004 when he was having a pretty poor season. I think the story on that one was that he was scouting Loaiza for the Contreras trade or something.

DumpJerry
11-02-2005, 11:27 PM
I believe Ozzie gets to pick the coaches and some pitchers. The pitchers should be easy to pick.:wink:

samram
11-02-2005, 11:57 PM

Right, although Francona still managed to get Matt Clement on the team.

SouthSoxFan
11-03-2005, 12:04 AM
Very few selections are left to the managers. The players vote determines backups at each position, and the pitchers. So the manager ends up with a handful of picks, but he also has to deal with the "one player from every team rule." The manager does get to pick injury replacements (e.g. Clement). And of course he does get to decide how much everyone plays and when, including the starting pitcher.

Baby Fisk
11-03-2005, 09:14 AM
:LTP
"Zowie! First I get a World Series ring, then I make the All Star Team. This has been the best 12 months ever!"

soxfanreggie
11-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Buehrle...Garland...Jenks...Konerko...Scotty Pods (among some of our players)...all the Sox coaches...all adding All-Star rings to their WS rings...:cool: ...that would be nice.

Deuce
11-03-2005, 11:10 AM

Check out the AL roster (http://espn.go.com/mlb/allstar02/s/roster/al.html) for the infamous 2002 All Star Game with the Yankees/Red Sox v. the National League, and you tell us if it should be in teal or not.

Deuce

SOXintheBURGH
11-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Check out the AL roster (http://espn.go.com/mlb/allstar02/s/roster/al.html) for the infamous 2002 All Star Game with the Yankees/Red Sox v. the National League, and you tell us if it should be in teal or not.

Deuce

AJ made that team. Wicked.

HChappasJr
11-03-2005, 12:26 PM
Very few selections are left to the managers. The players vote determines backups at each position, and the pitchers. So the manager ends up with a handful of picks, but he also has to deal with the "one player from every team rule." The manager does get to pick injury replacements (e.g. Clement). And of course he does get to decide how much everyone plays and when, including the starting pitcher.

Maybe Ozzie should pick Johan Santana and leave him in for the whole game!