PDA

View Full Version : AJ on Best Damn 11/2

JayMoroniotti
11-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Don't know if this is posted already, so feel free to remove if it is.

AJ is on Best Damn Sports Show Period tonight. They said yesterday that there is supposed to be some sort of surprise for him while he is on:?: .

It aint the Tonight Show, but at least some people remember there's a new world champion baseball team.

SaltyPretzel
11-02-2005, 05:54 PM
What time?

Lorenzo Barcelo
11-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Isnt that show on Fox Sports net and no one in Chicago can see it anymore? I'm not sure..I have direct tv and couldn't find that show on since comcast came into existence in Chicago.

JayMoroniotti
11-02-2005, 07:12 PM
What time?

8:00 central i believe

ChiSoxRowand
11-02-2005, 07:13 PM
Isnt that show on Fox Sports net and no one in Chicago can see it anymore? I'm not sure..I have direct tv and couldn't find that show on since comcast came into existence in Chicago.

I have satellite and I don't get FSN either. You have to buy the package.

munchman33
11-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Comcast costumers still get Fox Sports Net.

MarySwiss
11-02-2005, 07:36 PM
It's on at 8:30 in Arizona, which I believe makes it 9:30 your time, since you moved your clocks back.

Jjav829
11-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Don't know if this is posted already, so feel free to remove if it is.

AJ is on Best Damn Sports Show Period tonight. They said yesterday that there is supposed to be some sort of surprise for him while he is on:?: .

It aint the Tonight Show, but at least some people remember there's a new world champion baseball team.

That awful show is still on the air? :?: :o:

I think I'll skip watching the interview and just jam a fork into my eyes for 5 minutes.

Daver
11-02-2005, 07:46 PM

I think I'll skip watching the interview and just jam a fork into my eyes for 5 minutes.

Use a spoon.

:)

JGarlandrules20
11-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Torii Hunter was the suprise guest. It was funny seeing him and AJ interact.

oeo
11-02-2005, 08:27 PM
AJ: "I don't care what anyone says, the replay shows that the ball hit the ground."

AJ is awesome.

RallyBowl
11-02-2005, 08:27 PM
That was pretty cool. The studio audience booed him (angels fans), he said it was just cuz he broke their hearts. The surprise was Torii Hunter. AJ got a few good cracks in on him, said the GGlove should have been Rowands this year. All in all, It was good tv. AJ kicks ass!

MarySwiss
11-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Well, THANK YOU ALL TO HELL for totally ruining this for me, since it won't be on for another half/hour out here!

BUTTHEADS!

oeo
11-02-2005, 09:01 PM
Whoops, somebody forgot to put SPOILERS in the thread title.

BTW, we didn't tell everything, there was a little more to the Torrii/AJ thing. You want me to tell you that as well?

Daver
11-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Well, THANK YOU ALL TO HELL for totally ruining this for me, since it won't be on for another half/hour out here!

BUTTHEADS!

They did that for me, I only have a radio in my shop.

:bandance:

Jjav829
11-02-2005, 09:21 PM

BUTTHEADS!

You should be thanking them. They just saved you from having to sit through an hour of Tom Arnold. :tongue:

MarySwiss
11-02-2005, 09:26 PM
You should be thanking them. They just saved you from having to sit through an hour of Tom Arnold. :tongue:

Well, that would be true if I wasn't a pathetic White Sox junkie so desperate for my baseball fix that I would even sit through...wait a minute! Tom Arnold? Didn't I hear that he got whacked from the show? Please no Tom Arnold, pleeeze!

oeo
11-02-2005, 09:45 PM

I didn't see Tom Arnold at all. I also didn't watch the whole show, only the beginning with AJ, but no Tom Arnold.

michned
11-02-2005, 10:20 PM
Torii Hunter walking on the the Best Damn Sports Show isn't as entertaining as Bob Hope walking on Carson or when this guy

http://www.eddieknet.com/bittman.jpg

would walk on to this show...

http://www.eddieknet.com/maudlin.jpg

But overall it was good nonsense. I know these guys came up together so it couldn't have been that tense, but it was funny to hear Torii whine about all of his ex-teammates getting rings and asking AJ, "How do I get a ring?"

AJ's response: "Come and play for the White Sox - oh, wait, we've got a center fielder, and he should have earned the Gold Glove over you!"

Gavin
11-02-2005, 10:55 PM
AJ was talking some pretty serious smack.

HotelWhiteSox
11-02-2005, 11:01 PM
They were replaying it now on FSN (just ended)

They showed the Hunter/Burke thing :puking:

AJ agrees on "cheapshot"

Soxfanspcu11
11-02-2005, 11:02 PM
AJ was talking some pretty serious smack.

I think it was pretty tongue-n-cheek, but I also do think that Hunter was getting a little upset. Did you hear him after AJ said that Hunter's hit on Burke was a "cheap-shot" and Hunter said something to the tune of "okay guy". He seemed like he didn't like that comment from AJ.

That play probably still makes Hunter feel uneasy as if I recall correctly some moron sox fan sitting by the Twins on-deck circle was giving Hunter death threats after the play and had to be removed by security.

That stuff is incredibly un-called for (death threat) but AJ was right about calling it a cheap shot and calling Hunter out on it. I know their friends, but Hunter didn't seem to be a happy camper after AJ's comment! OH WELL!

Nellie_Fox
11-02-2005, 11:14 PM
You should be thanking them. They just saved you from having to sit through an hour of Tom Arnold. :tongue:Tom Arnold got dumped from the show quite some time ago.

BarbG
11-03-2005, 01:05 AM
Anybody see the "synopsis" on their website?:

"Remember that brutal home plate collision between these two? Torii Hunter can't forget. Former Twins teammates Hunter and A.J. Pierzynski drop by Best Damn and reminisce about the old days and World Series."

Groan.

Lillian
11-03-2005, 07:52 AM
Here is a link to the page on the Fox website, where you can view the video

http://msn.foxsports.com/bestdamn

Jjav829
11-03-2005, 07:55 AM
Tom Arnold got dumped from the show quite some time ago.

I haven't watched that show in a couple of years. He was on the show the last time I saw it advertised so I just figured he was still there.

SOXPHILE
11-03-2005, 10:34 AM

No need to lose your sight over that silly show. Just do what I do, and hit yourself in the head with a mallet until you lose consciousness. Kind of a nice break in the day, and when I wake up, the show is usually over.
You mean you don't wait with baited breath to hear the musings of one John Salley ?

maurice
11-03-2005, 01:28 PM
AJ got a few good cracks in on him, said the GGlove should have been Rowands this year.

Nice. It's a good thing that they picked AJ, or things might have gone differently.

:walnuts
"Crashing into walls is bush league.
Roger Cedeno is the best CF I ever
played with."

:)

Madvora
11-03-2005, 02:01 PM
Anybody see the "synopsis" on their website?:

"Remember that brutal home plate collision between these two? Torii Hunter can't forget. Former Twins teammates Hunter and A.J. Pierzynski drop by Best Damn and reminisce about the old days and World Series."

Groan.
I love it when you summarize.