PDA

View Full Version : NL Gold Gloves announced on ESPNEWS 4 CT

ChiSoxRowand
11-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Lets hope these choices aren't as bad as the ones in the AL, but I doubt it.

Gavin
11-02-2005, 05:02 PM
Did they announce them yet?

SouthSide_HitMen
11-02-2005, 06:17 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051102&content_id=1263718&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

SP Greg Maddux (15th)
C Mike Matheny (4th)
1B Derrek Lee (2nd)
2B Luis Castillo (3rd)
SS Omar Vizquel (10th)
3B Mike Lowell (1st)
OF Andruw Jones (8th)
OF Jim Edmonds (8th)
OF Bobby Abreu (1st)

I guess Kenny Williams needs to make better trades (Vizquel, Lowell) to get "Gold Glove" talent on our club.

knocko94
11-02-2005, 06:38 PM
"Why didn't Rolen get a Gold Glove. He played the minimum 50 games right?"
-T. Hunter Minnesots Twins

Also, what the heck has Abreu done in the field?

ChiSoxRowand
11-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Abreu? Give me a break. Maddux didn't deserve to get a Gold Glove either. He won on reputation.

RKMeibalane
11-02-2005, 08:11 PM
At least most of these make sense. I agree that Maddux shouldn't have won, but I can't really find anything to complain about as far as the other selections are concerned. It's nice to see Lowell win one, even though he had a rough season offensively.

Sox of White
11-02-2005, 08:12 PM
No White Sox players were awarded a Gold Glove. Big surprise! But for real, Buehrle or Garland should have gotten one, and Crede and Rowand easily could have too.

soxfanreggie
11-02-2005, 08:13 PM
As long as he continues to pitch, Maddux will continue to win the Gold Glove. It's the same reason Hunter won, except Maddux played the whole season...reputation. The coaches aren't going to give a darn enough to actually look into these things. I'm surprised if Dusty doesn't let little Darren fill in his ballot with all Cubs players in crayon.

TimoPerez
11-02-2005, 09:39 PM
I had five problems with the AL voting and three with the NL voting.

AL- Mainly Jeter. There are far more deserving shortstops(Uribe, Cabrera, Lugo). Rogers is good but not as good as Buehrle and maybe even Garland. Teixeira has very little range. He makes the plays on the balls hit right to him. He isn't that bad but others are more deserving(Erstad, Millar to a lesser extent). Chavez was good at third base but I'd have to say that either Brandon Inge or Joe Crede deserved it. Vernon Wells didn't deserve it either. I'd probably give it to Coco Crisp.

NL- Matheny robbed Yadier Molina(Matheny was still good). Lowell is in the same boat as Teixeira(Except Lowell has much less range. He is great on the balls hit to him but he looks like he is playing in quicksand. I would give it to David Bell with David Wright in second. I don't approve of flashy plays winning one a Gold Glove but his plays were just that good...And I'm a Mets fan.:smile: ) Abreu is decent in the outfield. He has a great arm but their are many better than he. Maybe even Carlito Beltran. He played a spectacular outfield at Shea this year. Maybe even Jeromy Burnitz. He played well.

Ol' No. 2
11-02-2005, 10:14 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051102&content_id=1263718&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

SP Greg Maddux (15th)
C Mike Matheny (4th)
1B Derrek Lee (2nd)
2B Luis Castillo (3rd)
SS Omar Vizquel (10th)
3B Mike Lowell (1st)
OF Andruw Jones (8th)
OF Jim Edmonds (8th)
OF Bobby Abreu (1st)

I guess Kenny Williams needs to make better trades (Vizquel, Lowell) to get "Gold Glove" talent on our club.Mike Lowell???? They should just abolish these things. That's just dumb.

antitwins13
11-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Bobby Abreu!!!! ***?????? He can't hold Rowand's jock strap. There is no way he wins that award without winning the Century 21 home-run derby. To quote Hawk Harrleson that's just a bunch of bull.

maurice
11-02-2005, 10:47 PM
I had five problems with the AL voting and three with the NL voting...

Don't forget the travesty that was the Varitek selection, and the fact that a player who missed 40% of the seaosn won a GG in the AL.

TDog
11-02-2005, 10:51 PM
So, Cubs had two Gold Gloves and a Silver Slugger. Sox were shut out in both categories.

Obviously, the Cubs had a better season.

TimoPerez
11-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Don't forget the travesty that was the Varitek selection, and the fact that a player who missed 40% of the seaosn won a GG in the AL.

I completely forgot those two when I posted it. Rowand deserves it in the outfield and Pudge deserves it behing the plate.

Thanks for reminding me.

Mr. White Sox
11-03-2005, 11:10 PM

SP Greg Maddux (15th)
C Mike Matheny (4th)
1B Derrek Lee (2nd)
2B Luis Castillo (3rd)
SS Omar Vizquel (10th)
3B Mike Lowell (1st)
OF Andruw Jones (8th)
OF Jim Edmonds (8th)
OF Bobby Abreu (1st)

I guess Kenny Williams needs to make better trades (Vizquel, Lowell) to get "Gold Glove" talent on our club.

I don't watch enough NL ball, but didn't Jack Wilson have an awesome year at SS? And wouldn't anyone (namely David Wright) have had a better defensive year at 3B than Mike Lowell? I don't know NL pitchers' defensive abilities, but Greg Maddux? *****. Bobby Abreu?! What are these, the home-run-derby-sorta-defensively-capable-gloves? You'd think the players and coaches would know the best defensive players in baseball; it just goes to show you that they care as much about the awards as the WSIers should.

LuvSox
11-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Bobby Abreu!!!! ***?????? He can't hold Rowand's jock strap.

They are not in the same league, therefore one can not beat out the other for the same award.