PDA

View Full Version : Re-sign Big Hurt

rbeze09
11-02-2005, 02:21 PM
I can't bare the thought of the big hurt finishing his career in anyother place than the Southside. He is a lost breed. A 15-year major league star who's played for only 1 team, and I think it should stay that way. Frank has taken a lot of heat over the years from the press, but I think his numbers speak for themselves and hes done a lot for chicago. I don't think the sox should pay him $10 million, but i think they should re-sign him to an incentive based contract. I want to see him get 500 hrs in a sox uniform. I dont know about you guys, but I was thrilled when I saw Frank hold up the WS trophy at the rally on friday, he deserved that as much as any1.

MadetoOrta
11-02-2005, 02:23 PM
I too was thrilled to see Frank win a championship. That said, I hope the Sox don't guaranty too much money on a player who has broken the same foot in two separate places.

rbeze09
11-02-2005, 02:27 PM
Ya i agree. I think they should buy him out then try 2 sign him to a low guaranteed salary with a lot of performance based incentives. Afterall, he is "the greatest player in white sox history"---hawk harrelson

gosox83
11-02-2005, 02:39 PM
I remember watching the game where he hit his 400th HR. It was a home game and the crowd went ballistic and the Sox won. I can just imagine what 500 would be like. I really would like to see the Sox ink him to a two year 8 million dollar deal so he could get to 500 in a White Sox uniform, Win two more Championships, and retire a White Sox.

GO SOX!!!!!!!

DenverSock
11-02-2005, 02:43 PM
I just don't believe he'll be back after this last injury. I know it's a shame-but I didn't injure him.

Tekijawa
11-02-2005, 02:49 PM
I just don't believe he'll be back after this last injury. I know it's a shame-but I didn't injure him.

You didn't FIX him either... If your not part of the solution, you are part of the problem! I want Frank back and YOU took him from us!

DenverSock
11-02-2005, 02:59 PM
You didn't FIX him either... If your not part of the solution, you are part of the problem! I want Frank back and YOU took him from us!

And just how should I fix him? BTW it's you're not your.:bandance:

tebman
11-02-2005, 03:00 PM
I hope he's back. I want him back. He's arguably one of the best pure hitters in history.

Having said that though, I worry about his injury. His ankle has broken twice, and you can't do that on a load-bearing joint for very long. If the orthopedic surgeons can find a way to brace it up so it heals solidly, then it looks good.

Tommy John came back from what had been a career-ending condition and they named the surgical procedure after him. Maybe there'll be some corrective magic done to Frank's ankle and there'll be a new surgical procedure called "Big Hurt Therapy" or some such. I sure hope so.

kevin57
11-02-2005, 03:01 PM
I would like to see him signed...but not at any price. If Frank is willing to accept a "modest" contract with incentives, then I suspect things will get done. I strongly suspect the Sox are waiting as long as they can to see if he's "healable." If not, his days playing are over. :(:

TheDarkGundam
11-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Frank says he has "no intention to retire". If the Sox don't resign him, it's gonna be awful. I couldn't bare to see him on a different team :(:

samram
11-02-2005, 08:25 PM

You're missing two commas.:D:

antitwins13
11-02-2005, 09:09 PM
We gotta re-sign the man. Not just because of his history, but I think he can stil help us.

DenverSock
11-02-2005, 11:09 PM

Actually four quotes, but who's counting?:D: :D:

Chips
11-02-2005, 11:44 PM

Actually four quotes, but who's counting?:D: :D:

Where is Kittle42 at?

Chips
11-02-2005, 11:44 PM
Where is Kittle42 at?

And yes, I know that there is no need for "at" to be at the end of my question.

Nellie_Fox
11-02-2005, 11:50 PM
I can't bare the thought...Hey, wait, I'm hurt and offended that you are only looking for Kittle42 when a situation calls for a grammar pedant (look it up, it has nothing to do with sexual preferences.) Therefore, I hereby point out that the wrong homonym (again, nothing to do with sexual preferences) was used here, unless rbeze09 is planning on undressing his mind. The correct word is "bear."

Chips
11-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Hey, wait, I'm hurt and offended that you are only looking for Kittle42 when a situation calls for a grammar pedant (look it up, hit has nothing to do with sexual preferences.) Therefore, I hereby point out that the wrong homonym (again, nothing to do with sexual preferences) was used here, unless rbeze09 is planning on undressing his mind. The correct word is "bear."

Therefore, I hereby point at that there is a typo in the above sentence. With that being said, I am going to bed.

Nellie_Fox
11-02-2005, 11:55 PM
Therefore, I hereby point at that there is a typo in the above sentence. With that being said, I am going to bed.Thank you for pointing out what was indeed a typo (as opposed to a spelling error.) It has now been corrected.